Home

FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-21-2021, 09:40 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

Welcome:
Welcome to the yearly tradition of the OS Community sliders for FIFA. This year, we are playing FIFA 22, hoping that the hype-r-motion is real.

Brief History and Origin:
We have been working on FIFA sliders since FIFA 15 as a community. The goal is always to achieve the closest realism the game gives us.

How we test:
Always in Career Mode. You are investing in sliders for a reason, and most of the time that is to play in Career Mode. So, it only makes sense to test in that same environment. With so many values to be looked at, and those values being in 1 point increments, it is very easy to come up with multiple versions of sliders. We will always test on Default first, then identify the main areas to look at. From there, it's about collaborating and finding workarounds for those problem areas. With sliders, it is always a balancing act, fix one thing - potentially break the next.

Version Format:
This thread moves fast, and versions get updated. My goal is to always make less versions, but we're at the mercy of 1) EA's updates, and 2) Our own curiosity in determining the best values.

Similar to previous two years, I will be using the format in which the Version number is determined first, then a Beta number follows. For example, the first version will be Version 1, Beta 1; so it will read as : "V1B1", and down the road Version 6, Beta 2 will read "V6B2". As soon as it is determined that the version is "final", it will simply, for example, be called Version 6 Final, or "V6Final". I will make sure the OP is updated in a log format, so everyone is on the same page.

Helpful Reminders:
As always, remember that the thread moves very fast. I will do my best to update this Original Post as much as possible. I have learned a lot about how to be the "project manager" of this whole thing, so if I do not respond to every post, it is either because it got lost in the shuffle, or that replying to it would deter the thread from achieving the goal of establishing a slider set.

The Main Rules of the Thread:
1. Do not post your own full set. This deters the entire thread. All slider values are relative to one another, so if we see a value like 30 pass speed with a line length of 70, then that's not relevant to someone using a 50 pass speed with a line length of 35. It's better to leave it out of the thread, and create your own.

2. Feedback in Animation. The Match Stats only give so much information. Telling us the CPU has 99% passing is not helpful. Were they passing the ball through the backline the entire time? Details are important, and throughout the years I have asked for details in animations. What this means is simply "What do you see"? Is the CPU having that high passing because your defending players are too slow? Too far away? Too wide? In the end, VIDEO NEVER LIES, so if you have video to provide - please do so. That will save so much time and less of a Q&A.

3. We are not your customer service. This is a collaboration space. Noone is being paid here by EA. Provide feedback because you want to help, not because you feel entitled to let us do all the hard work and you sit back and criticize.

4. Respect each other. Thankfully, we have not run into this issue as much, but there have been times where it's close. First, regarding myself, I am the project manager here. What that means is I am going for a goal, and discussion about conspiracies, theories or ET is not going to be helpful. Secondly, we all have opinions and some know how to filter them, some do not. There is a message there, so do not get offended if someone disagrees with you. We love the game, and just want what is best for it - so keep it civil!

5. Please keep general impressions in the FIFA impressions thread, not here. This is a solution based thread, and general complaints will be ignored. We understand each iteration of FIFA has issues, what game doesn't, but we are given the tools to find workarounds. Remember, this is a slider thread, which means the sample size of play is significantly increased. Chances are if you are having an issue, we have most likely looked at it.
--------------------
--------------------

Changelog & Updates:

Timestamp: 10/20/2021 | 8:05 PM CST --- A couple more tests, and it seems the original Sprint 15/20 will remain, even for Legendary - so that part will change. After that, the other values are intact, with only marking looking good at 65 (from 70). It's early days on post-patch update, but very promising.

So, changes expected to create Version 6:

Sprint - 15/20 (All difficulties)
Pass Speed - 40/40 (All difficulties)
Marking - 65/65 (All difficulties)
Height - 0/0 (All difficulties)
Length - 40/40 (All difficulties)
Width - 65/65 (All difficulties)

Timestamp: 10/20/2021 | 4:20 PM CST ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Patch update is very good, guys. Fouls are there. Evened up Sprint to 15/15 and the standing fouls came in too.

Of course, I'm testing, so the score reflects that, but the foul count at half-time.

This is using what is expected to be V6. (Version 5, Sprint 15/15, Pass Speed 40/40, Height 0, Length 40):

I left out width at 65, my bad. Was multitasking a bit.

You guys can definitely adjust the values as you'd like. The expected V6 was tested before the update on Stadia, PS5 and PC, and will be looked at for post update. I hope to get some time to stream here on the Stadia in a bit.

For post-update, with the added aggression by the CPU, the only question is marking if it needs to go down to 50 or stay at 70. I've played the same match several times and the jury is still out and what triggers what. I do know the Sprint evened out at 15/15 certainly helps introduce more standing tackles, thus different fouls.

So in summary, the modifications pending are:

(Version 5, Sprint 15/15, Pass Speed 40/40, Height 0, Length 40, Width 65/65)

Timestamp: 10/18/2021 | 10:05 PM CST --- The 95 width + marking 65 really didn't make that big of a difference in the end, at least not in fighting the CB jockey. We could go down quite the rabbit hole in trying to fix something that won't go away until another patch update.

In the meantime, Version 5 is still the one to use. There is consideration of a discrepancy in Legend, such as Sprint 15/20, but that's about it. Feel free to try it out.

Timestamp: 10/18/2021 | 1:07 AM CST ---

Think got it figured out. Width from 55 to 95 and marking from 70 to 65. I scaled from what was being worked on at 75, but still saw issues at times - not as much, but still there. Scaled up to 95 and eventually it's much, much, less. Even when it does happen, there's cover on the other sides.

World Class, Slow, V5 + 95 width, marking 65, fast build up for user's team (testing purposes):

Timestamp: 10/17/2021 | 5:11 PM CST ---

In regards to CB jockeying/very open attackers + ease of wingplay:

Quote:
So far the finding is that fast build up seems to cause this. can you confirm if that's what your using? Didn't see it before changing to this (previoously slow build up). Still streaming, feel free to chat.
Okay, so the finding is that slow build up is that this happens a bit more rare, mainly because the runs are still facing the ball rather than streaking - or towards goal directly.

What I did really think may be something of interest, and help the set overall, is increasing width to 75. Once this was done, there was better coverage on the wings, better secondary coverage by the CBs to prepare if the FB gets beat as well. The key is there is isolation for the CBs to "latch" onto and the opposite FB to pay attention to the back-post.

I tried it several times in the later parts of the stream here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1179658243

So, for those of you still wanting to help V5, try width at 75, report back, thanks.

Timestamp: 10/16/2021 | 8:08 AM CST ---Working out some of the issues reported, hoping to get an update to the set late tonight/morning.

Here is the Version 5 set. I'm a bit pressed for time today, so will do the write-up in full a bit later. Hope you all understand. Any questions about the values in the meantime, just ask.

The main comment I will make about the Run Frequency is how important custom team tactics (CTTs) are, and when we mess with this value too often, things can get out of sync. As I always say, all sliders are relative, and this "default" run frequency value is incredibly important to our set. It introduces not only more variety of attack, but also variety in defense, which is why you will see better pitch coverage, allowing all difficulties and speeds to be used.

Here is a preview of the gameplay, and the set below. As I said, I'll post the full write-up breaking down each value in a bit.

Common Q&A:

--------------------
--------------------
Streamers (Twitch, YouTube, etc): Please message me or post in the thread to be added!
http://twitch.tv/matt10l
- On this one you can type in !sliders in the chatbox, and the most recently streamed set will show.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Matt10L_SimSnobsFC
https://www.twitch.tv/laxing_
https://www.twitch.tv/Goblue81188
https://www.twitch.tv/Aaron458f
https://www.twitch.tv/Velocityy

--------------------
--------------------
Version Logs:
--------------------

Previous All Versions and Streamed Sets:

Version 4
Spoiler

Version 3
Spoiler
Version 2 Beta (V2B)
Spoiler

Version 1 Beta
Spoiler

--------------------
FIFA OS Sliders Archive:
FIFA 21 OS Sliders
FIFA 20 OS Sliders
FIFA 19 OS Sliders
FIFA 18 OS Sliders
FIFA 17 OS Sliders
FIFA 16 OS Sliders
FIFA 15 OS Sliders
--------------------

Last edited by Matt10; 10-20-2021 at 09:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2021, 09:44 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Re: FIFA 22 OS Community Sliders

POST IS RESERVED.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Once more unto the breach, dear friends.....

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-21-2021, 09:50 PM   #4
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

OVR: 0

Like someone asked on another thread, will there be separate sliders for next gen & current gen as it seems the games plays a lot different with hypermotion & other new stuff current gen doesn’t get?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-22-2021, 12:06 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
Like someone asked on another thread, will there be separate sliders for next gen & current gen as it seems the games plays a lot different with hypermotion & other new stuff current gen doesn’t get?

Yes I believe so. I haven't played the current gen version yet, but I will have it on PC/Stadia.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2021, 02:42 AM   #6
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

Quote:
Yes I believe so. I haven't played the current gen version yet, but I will have it on PC/Stadia.

No me neither but what I saw on beta forums were most people’s complaints about the game seem to stem from current gen & next gen were definitely seeing a different game.

Going to cause a massive headache then for you Matt to keep track of everything.

Old 09-22-2021, 04:11 AM   #7
Pro

1860fan's Arena

Hi Matt, I'm really excited about it wanted to ask, will you be streaming live tonight ..?
Old 09-22-2021, 09:56 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 6

After taking 21 off, I'll be giving 22 a go with the EA Play trial. Hoping you wizards can cook up a decent experience

I have been watching some streamers with early access, and the game does look improved. A bit more willingness to get back in defense from the AI. I also really like how the ball looks in the air this year, excited to see how the weight of passes feel.

The only concern I've seen in limited views, is the AI does not want to cross. I watched games where the user was Arsenal vs. Chelsea, and then City. 2 games, 0 AI crosses. They get in terrific spaces, with intelligent passing. They'll be looking to cross, then poof they go into the little dribble dribble, pass back animation.

My eyes will be glued to this thread, hoping we get a really good on field product this year for FIFA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »