Home

Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

This is a discussion on Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2013, 06:34 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Orion's Next Gen Full Manual FIFA 14 Slider Set

Have to say I agree about the gamespeed. Playing with these sliders on Slow is, well, really slow. I'm not the best FIFA player out there, especially with manual passing, but this just feels unnecessarily slow.

I'm also a little worried with the accel/sprint settings. On Normal gamespeed they feel really good, but I'm worried that it's now turned gameplay too much in favor of the Barca variety.

What I mean is that I'm playing as Chelsea in my CM and they don't feel like Chelsea. I find games breakdown into a more Barca-like match, whereas Chelsea are fast and powerful, quick to strike and ruthless. Well, when they're at their best at least.

The match facts stats are coming out very realistic, if somewhat low scoring (most of my matches are like 1-0), but it just doesn't feel right to me.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #74
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm really enjoying these sliders now that I've switched back to Normal gamespeed. With sliders, next gen FIFA is really a great fit for manual passing.

I think now that I'm back on Normal speed I might try playing with 10 min halves. I don't enjoy playing the longer 15 min halves - it takes forever to get through CM!

One question I'm wondering though, is whether it causes problems when you have acceleration and sprint set at different values. Doesn't this skew the balance of player attributes?

Might it not make more sense to determine which is more important for playing with manual passing, find the value for it which is best, then set the other to match it? That way the balance between gameplay and these player attributes remains as they're intended? No?
Old 11-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #75
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by koa1aboi
Guys, I'm currently playing FIFA 14 on my Xbox 360 and using Orion's set. I bought both Xbox one and a PS4 but undecided on which one to own for myself. I will give the other system to my brother. I only play sports games, mostly FIFA. Any suggestions on which console is better for FIFA or for any other sports? I assume gameplay will be the same, but what about graphics? I don't normally do online stuff and rather stick to manager mode. Apologize if this is not the place to post this but can't seem to find a thread for next gen esp for FIFA stuff.. Thanks.
If you like baseball, as I do, then the answer is clear, PS4. After years, years I say of not having a proper baseball game due to being an Xbox man, I made the jump to PS4. I'm pretty stoked for the next gen version of The Show. Other than that, PS4 does have more pure horsepower, but how that plays out over time who knows. Both are fantastic machines(yes I do have both) you can't make a bad decision.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2013, 10:20 PM   #76
All Star

orion523's Arena

How anyone can say default game speed is good, I don't get. The game is obnoxiously fast at default when compared to a real football match. That said I'm still not completely sold on the pace as it stands, but it's tricky. I do not want what you see in a typical online match, constant sprinting, and very little passing. Pack the box and play to counter over the top, no thanks. I'm going for a more tactical game, with actual build-up, you know football(as opposed to hockey on grass.) Seriously though, it's a balancing act, and I've yet to find the sweet spot.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #77
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
I'm really enjoying these sliders now that I've switched back to Normal gamespeed. With sliders, next gen FIFA is really a great fit for manual passing.

I think now that I'm back on Normal speed I might try playing with 10 min halves. I don't enjoy playing the longer 15 min halves - it takes forever to get through CM!

One question I'm wondering though, is whether it causes problems when you have acceleration and sprint set at different values. Doesn't this skew the balance of player attributes?

Might it not make more sense to determine which is more important for playing with manual passing, find the value for it which is best, then set the other to match it? That way the balance between gameplay and these player attributes remains as they're intended? No?
I've actually thought about 10 minute halves, I'm still not completely convinced that it'd work without stripping the game(the real game) of its soul.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 AM   #78
mfp
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
How anyone can say default game speed is good, I don't get. The game is obnoxiously fast at default when compared to a real football match. That said I'm still not completely sold on the pace as it stands, but it's tricky. I do not want what you see in a typical online match, constant sprinting, and very little passing. Pack the box and play to counter over the top, no thanks. I'm going for a more tactical game, with actual build-up, you know football(as opposed to hockey on grass.) Seriously though, it's a balancing act, and I've yet to find the sweet spot.
Calling it obnoxiously fast is more than a bit harsh and pretty insulting for a game that has improved leaps and bounds in terms of player movement. I guess when I consider the FIFAs of yesteryear, and remember complaining every year since 09 that player movement was gameplay's biggest weakness, next gen in comparison is a joy.

To each's own I guess, but I don't see the need to decrease the speed - especially so drastically - unless to accommodate manual settings. I'm having equal fun playing on default settings as I am with sliders and manual; they're just different experiences.

And whether you see what happens in a typical online match has more to do with how the player plays than anything else. Even when I play with default sliders and default assistance, with my mates or by myself, I dictate the style of play. And just like in real life I play a mixture of slower, measured build-up combined with counter-attacks as the situation dictates.

Hockey on grass might have been an apt description of FIFA several years ago but that's an unfair dig at a game that plays a pretty solid version of football straight out of the box.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:19 AM   #79
All Star

orion523's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
Calling it obnoxiously fast is more than a bit harsh and pretty insulting for a game that has improved leaps and bounds in terms of player movement. I guess when I consider the FIFAs of yesteryear, and remember complaining every year since 09 that player movement was gameplay's biggest weakness, next gen in comparison is a joy.

To each's own I guess, but I don't see the need to decrease the speed - especially so drastically - unless to accommodate manual settings. I'm having equal fun playing on default settings as I am with sliders and manual; they're just different experiences.

And whether you see what happens in a typical online match has more to do with how the player plays than anything else. Even when I play with default sliders and default assistance, with my mates or by myself, I dictate the style of play. And just like in real life I play a mixture of slower, measured build-up combined with counter-attacks as the situation dictates.

Hockey on grass might have been an apt description of FIFA several years ago but that's an unfair dig at a game that plays a pretty solid version of football straight out of the box.
Maybe it was a bit harsh, because you're right the game has improved by leaps and bounds, even when compared to FIFA 12, which was just a couple if years ago. That said its still tuned to accomodate 6 minute halves and assisted gameplay out of the box and because if that it's sped up significantly when compared to the real life pace of a football match. Is it fun? Absolutely, I have a blast playing at default with my kids, they absolutely love it. But that's not what these particular sliders are about. What I'm trying to accomplish with the sliders is to create more of a "simulation" of what we see on the pitch each week.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #80
MVP

drunkenferret's Arena

Played on Legendary last night with the sliders, and I'm still at the original shot error. Played Hull City and won 4-2. My only issue is the number of shots we both keep getting. I had 15 and the CPU had 17...Other than that I thought the game played even better on Legendary...not harder necessarily, but smarter. I'll keep this as it is for about 10 games and then decide if I want to adjust sliders...either shot error or marking, but need a good sample of krap teams and good teams. So far in four games played on Next-Gen there have been three penalties. I've given two and gotten one. Last night two of my guys sandwiched a Hull player as they all went up for the ball, and then they took him down...something not good about multiple players going up! Without this, the final score might have been 3-1.

On Legendary it's not just the CPU players who play smarter, but mine as well, and so it makes it more than worth moving up.

As for the discussion about out of the box...the game does play very well, but I agree on the simulation, and even with was thinking on Next Gen 10 minute halves might actually work...considering the shot numbers I'm getting. I might give it a try today, just to see how the game plays.

Orion, have you tried 10 minute halves on Next Gen, yet? Just curious if you saw the same kind of frenetic games we saw on Current Gen at 10min halves?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »