Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #2769
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That's another reason there should be noone to speak in absolutes on FIFA 16.
Quote:
Nobody said you can't speak in absolutes. I just won't listen to them. I let you guys figure that amongst yourself and have a good ol' groupthink while I spend my time figuring out solutions. Enjoy!
If you're gonna be making passive aggressive jibes and insults - really, now if we disagree with you, it's just groupthink, and means we're not seeking solutions? - you might as well stand by them.

Whatever. I'll continue seeking solutions too but I'm at the point now where I'm more interested in playing the game than endless tweaking. If thinking sliders can go only so far in improving the game, and wishing to just enjoy the darn game, counts as groupthink, then so be it.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:53 PM   #2770
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfp
If you're gonna be making passive aggressive jibes and insults - really, now if we disagree with you, it's just groupthink, and means we're not seeking solutions? - you might as well stand by them.

Whatever. I'll continue seeking solutions too but I'm at the point now where I'm more interested in playing the game than endless tweaking. If thinking sliders can go only so far in improving the game, and wishing to just enjoy the darn game, counts as groupthink, then so be it.
I started to type a whole bunch to you as always, MFP. Then, I thought to myself - when have I ever convinced this guy of my opinion....ever.

"The man needing convincing, will always remain unconvinced."

So, I'm just going to ignore you from here on out. I think that'd be best.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:02 PM   #2771
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

So moving on with Set D. I agree with Gnemi, the shot error at 58 won't fly with the way we have the minutes all in one.

I will say the beauty of Set D is now those of you like to play 20+ mins - you are in for a treat with Set D as is.

For the 10-15 min play, yeah shot error needs to go back down - I am thinking 51/51 here. CPU still gets plenty of chances, they just need to convert them - then all will be happy.

The only other value that I could see would be Run Frequency, but not enough feedback yet on how it's impacting. I personally am using several values different than Set D, mainly because they are of personal preference and I know the "extreme" values would not sit well with the majority. I will however, have them in parentheses just so those who have reached out to me know where they are.

If there are any other values to look at, have at it! I think Set D is fantastic. To think, a couple weeks ago we called the drilled pass OP - now it's well defended, and the CPU is forcing passes - playing with the variety, etc. Sure there is room for improvement, but I think it's a significant improvement from the previous Sets.

SET D - 11/6/15
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Semi/Manual
Slow/Normal (User Preference), Legacy or Tactical Defending

User/CPU
Sprint Speed- 35/35 (Matt's 10/10)
Acceleration- 50/50 (Matt's 50/49)
Shot Error- 51/51
Pass Error- 55/55
Shot Speed- 52/52
Pass Speed- 45/45 (Matt's 50/45)
Injury Freq - 65/65
Injury Severity- 40/40
GK Ability- 40/40
Marking- 53/53 (Matt's 60/60)
Run Frequency- 40/40 (Matt's 5/5)
Line Height- 65/60
Line Length- 50/50 (Matt's 50/51)
Line Width- 60/60 (Matt's 55/55)
FB Positioning- 50/50 (Matt's 99/99)
FT Control- 65/65 (Matt's 60/65)

*PowerBar is personal preference*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 08:05 PM   #2772
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

You guys can call me crazy, but I still love 100/100 width.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:18 PM   #2773
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvertonianSteeler
Friday night back from the pub ..... lady in kitchen making vodka martini and snacks ...... quickly let me say this 20 min halves ... game changer .... check last two twitches .... i play rubbish ..... all down to stress releif and escapism for me ..... everything in those two games anyone couod want .... don't watch them ..... scroll to end .... check stats .... go wow .... thats what i want .... then watch ..... have a drink on me this friday night and enjoy ..... then PLAY

Peace and love peeps !!
Cheers....****in Evertonians
Old 11-06-2015, 10:05 PM   #2774
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
You guys can call me crazy, but I still love 100/100 width.
What's the reasoning you like 100 width just curious? Do the midfielders tuck in on the attack (especially on crosses), or do they stay out wide - thus forcing the outside back to also stay back?

This is why I had to go from 60 to 55 because even though the ball was in the box, the outside backs would stay glued to the outside midfielder.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #2775
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
What's the reasoning you like 100 width just curious? Do the midfielders tuck in on the attack (especially on crosses), or do they stay out wide - thus forcing the outside back to also stay back?

This is why I had to go from 60 to 55 because even though the ball was in the box, the outside backs would stay glued to the outside midfielder.
It's mostly the spacing and time on ball, something probably more subjective and personal than anything else. I just can't stand how quickly the CPU can collapse with two / three defenders when the line is narrower. I realize that 100 is extreme, but man...I just like my games better that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 11:29 PM   #2776
Rookie

Mac2298's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
So moving on with Set D. I agree with Gnemi, the shot error at 58 won't fly with the way we have the minutes all in one.

I will say the beauty of Set D is now those of you like to play 20+ mins - you are in for a treat with Set D as is.

For the 10-15 min play, yeah shot error needs to go back down - I am thinking 51/51 here. CPU still gets plenty of chances, they just need to convert them - then all will be happy.

The only other value that I could see would be Run Frequency, but not enough feedback yet on how it's impacting. I personally am using several values different than Set D, mainly because they are of personal preference and I know the "extreme" values would not sit well with the majority. I will however, have them in parentheses just so those who have reached out to me know where they are.

If there are any other values to look at, have at it! I think Set D is fantastic. To think, a couple weeks ago we called the drilled pass OP - now it's well defended, and the CPU is forcing passes - playing with the variety, etc. Sure there is room for improvement, but I think it's a significant improvement from the previous Sets.

SET D - 11/6/15
World Class/Legendary, 10-15 Mins, Semi/Manual
Slow/Normal (User Preference), Legacy or Tactical Defending

User/CPU
Sprint Speed- 35/35 (Matt's 10/10)
Acceleration- 50/50 (Matt's 50/49)
Shot Error- 51/51
Pass Error- 55/55
Shot Speed- 52/52
Pass Speed- 45/45 (Matt's 50/45)
Injury Freq - 65/65
Injury Severity- 40/40
GK Ability- 40/40
Marking- 53/53 (Matt's 60/60)
Run Frequency- 40/40 (Matt's 5/5)
Line Height- 65/60
Line Length- 50/50 (Matt's 50/51)
Line Width- 60/60 (Matt's 55/55)
FB Positioning- 50/50 (Matt's 99/99)
FT Control- 65/65 (Matt's 60/65)

*PowerBar is personal preference*
I think reducing shot error is huge. I played two more games and had Sanchez and Morata miss sitters. I think it would work for longer matches, but for 10 minute halves more shots need to go in.

With that being said... I did just beat Porto 5-2 with those sliders! haha. I think it was more of chance than shot error, though, as one came from a penalty, three from headers, and the last one was a tap-in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »