Home

FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-24-2016, 09:35 PM   #5905
Pro

1860fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 OS Community Sliders

Hi Matt you play shoot speed now 55/55 ??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #5906
Pro

OVR: 8

-- How "Hard" To Press The Buttons --

Stay with my on this one ... but I have been trying real hard to train myself to press the buttons with far less force when trying to pass / shoot / cross ... I find that, even for a teammate that is half a field width away, I really do not need to give the pass much power at all. It may be placebo, but I think that my teammates respond better to "gentle" passes, the CPU is less "all-knowing" it is ability to intercept "gentle" passes, and the FT@100/100 issue is more managed when the pass is "gentle". I have expanded this idea to include shooting (which is hard because whenever I get in a position to shoot I need to remember again to NOT mash the button ... in the heat of the moment and such) - both for regular shots and for finesse shots. Again, like I said about the passing, you might be surprised that you can get a "high" shot without filling the power bar. (Note: I am at PowerBar@65/--). I (sort of ) think that I have been seeing more dangerous shots (they are still not going in ... I have already had that lengthy discussion earlier in this post). And one more ... this can also apply to the LS for moving your player ... you can make your player move "East" by holding the LS toward the right ... of course ... but you can be "a little" toward the right, "halfway" toward the right", or "all the way" toward the right. My default was always to go with "all the way" because I get caught up in the play and excited and whatever ... but, for inertial reasons (physics!), it might be better to NOT go "all the way" ... I am again trying to think about this with the same "gentle" concept that I am using with my passing. The CPU is *still* able to tackle the ball from my player with an ease that I cannot do the same to them (grrrr) ... but I do think that I have seen *some* improvement with my ability to maintain possession with the dribbler, even sometimes in a traffic area.

These are the tough ones because it's about feel and hand-eye coordination. In FIFA, you have to "pre-set" some of the actions. So if there is a loose ball, I've already pressed my chosen button. Regarding the amount of pressure placed on the button itself, I believe I'm very light. If I need to send a very long pass (across the pitch) on the ground, I'll use manual through pass versus regular short passing.

The buttons, etc, would be much easier explained in video. I had actually recorded (the best I could) a video of me playing a match but with the face-cam camera I usually use, pointed down at the controller. If you want I can try to produce this again?

-----

Matt - yes - I would be interested in watching how you "button mash" when you play the game. Two things in particular ... (a) I am still uncertain about how you handle the timing for super-cancel and (b) you mentioned earlier about how you "pre-set" for some of the events, I have also been thinking about when / in what situations would this be a good idea.

Still trying to get better ... one step at a time ...

Old 03-25-2016, 04:08 PM   #5907
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpHSpH
-- How "Hard" To Press The Buttons --

Stay with my on this one ... but I have been trying real hard to train myself to press the buttons with far less force when trying to pass / shoot / cross ... I find that, even for a teammate that is half a field width away, I really do not need to give the pass much power at all. It may be placebo, but I think that my teammates respond better to "gentle" passes, the CPU is less "all-knowing" it is ability to intercept "gentle" passes, and the FT@100/100 issue is more managed when the pass is "gentle". I have expanded this idea to include shooting (which is hard because whenever I get in a position to shoot I need to remember again to NOT mash the button ... in the heat of the moment and such) - both for regular shots and for finesse shots. Again, like I said about the passing, you might be surprised that you can get a "high" shot without filling the power bar. (Note: I am at PowerBar@65/--). I (sort of ) think that I have been seeing more dangerous shots (they are still not going in ... I have already had that lengthy discussion earlier in this post). And one more ... this can also apply to the LS for moving your player ... you can make your player move "East" by holding the LS toward the right ... of course ... but you can be "a little" toward the right, "halfway" toward the right", or "all the way" toward the right. My default was always to go with "all the way" because I get caught up in the play and excited and whatever ... but, for inertial reasons (physics!), it might be better to NOT go "all the way" ... I am again trying to think about this with the same "gentle" concept that I am using with my passing. The CPU is *still* able to tackle the ball from my player with an ease that I cannot do the same to them (grrrr) ... but I do think that I have seen *some* improvement with my ability to maintain possession with the dribbler, even sometimes in a traffic area.

These are the tough ones because it's about feel and hand-eye coordination. In FIFA, you have to "pre-set" some of the actions. So if there is a loose ball, I've already pressed my chosen button. Regarding the amount of pressure placed on the button itself, I believe I'm very light. If I need to send a very long pass (across the pitch) on the ground, I'll use manual through pass versus regular short passing.

The buttons, etc, would be much easier explained in video. I had actually recorded (the best I could) a video of me playing a match but with the face-cam camera I usually use, pointed down at the controller. If you want I can try to produce this again?

-----

Matt - yes - I would be interested in watching how you "button mash" when you play the game. Two things in particular ... (a) I am still uncertain about how you handle the timing for super-cancel and (b) you mentioned earlier about how you "pre-set" for some of the events, I have also been thinking about when / in what situations would this be a good idea.

Still trying to get better ... one step at a time ...

I'll try my best to get this right, sir!
Old 03-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #5908
Rookie

I'm really digging this latest set. To tell the truth, I threw my hands up in frustration over the winter.

I've been playing the latest set with Matt's preferences/WC/manual.

The fatigue levels are great and team management is going to be difficult as a result. I think you guys have the injury sliders pinned down pretty well too. Good physical play and hard tackling has consequences. FT at 100 can be brutal in Ligue 2, but I really think 100 is the way to go.

There is a good amount of 'back to goal' play too...I don't see a whole hell of a lot of players overrunning crosses either. CPU crossing can be abysmal but I'm not sure it's so bad that I'd mess up anything else in order to correct it. You've managed to take much of the edge off all of the compromises that have to be made.

Nice work fellas..I know how much time you guys spend on this...its nice to see a positive result this year. I'm only five games into this set, but so far its looking very freekin good!

Looking like I might have to fire up a MM and break my own heart.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:26 PM   #5909
Pro

adoptedscouse's Arena

I've been lovin this game with current sliders, however a couple of things are still annoying me, firstly fouls, but I'm just resigned to the fact it can not be fixed at all.

The other been injuries, I love the fact I have use the whole squad, however nearly all the injuries are elbow or shoulder related, anyone else seeing this or is it just me going ???????
Old 03-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #5910
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoptedscouse
I've been lovin this game with current sliders, however a couple of things are still annoying me, firstly fouls, but I'm just resigned to the fact it can not be fixed at all.

The other been injuries, I love the fact I have use the whole squad, however nearly all the injuries are elbow or shoulder related, anyone else seeing this or is it just me going ???????
I see plenty off fouls mate also bad injuries currently ozil is out for 7 well 4 month left with a broken leg wont lie i have missed him thats the worst up to now
Old 03-25-2016, 11:58 PM   #5911
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just played the craziest match I've had for as long as I can remember. Playing as Portsmouth, played against Brighton in the 3rd round replay in the FA Cup. Went down 3-0 after 30 minutes. Scored my 3rd goal in the 80th minute to draw level. Went into extra time, Brighton had a player sent off in the 102nd minute, I had one sent off in the 113th minute. They scored a 4th in the 116th, I equalized again in the 118th. Won 4-2 on penalties.

I'm in my 2nd season, promoted to league 1 after the first year. Brighton got promoted to the top flight after the 1st season, so this was a pretty big win on top of the madness that I just experienced.

This was the first game I've played 15 minute halves with the most recent suggested adjustments...pass error 60/60, marking 60/60, shot speed 55/55 I believe. I think I'll stick with 15 minute halves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (492.9 KB, 185 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 09:02 PM   #5912
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I'll try my best to get this right, sir!
Hey Matt. Im having a little trouble with the sliders. I do think that they improve the game by far. I was losing my mind without the sliders haha but im having a lot of trouble scoring. Ive tried GK at 20/20, 25/25 and 60/60 and no matter which I try. The keepers make impossible saves and my shots almost never go where I want them. Out of the 20 goals starting my arsenal career about 4 of them were clean goals. Yet the other 16 were deflected goals, penalties and rebound goals. Yet shots from just yards away are still saved or my shots just go wide.... on one im not joking, it was a ground pass to sanchez and the goal was wide open anf the gk would of never saved it yet he hits it wide... I was in the 6 yard box for christ sake and before you say its the direction of my stick. Ive played fifa for at least 6 years and ive never had such incompetence with scoring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »