Home

FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-19-2018, 05:56 PM   #3441
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 18 OS Community Sliders

Plays with version 7 Sliders, except width user/AI 50/48. So far, it works fine and I can not easily break down AI. Maybe that may also be because I play full manual if the AI has a pass rate of 80%, my closer to 70. I'm making more mistakes even though I've played full manual for about a year. I do not want to return to semi to destroy the learned. Yesterday I had few matches where there were more holes in Ai defense than a Swiss cheese, today not. Must be said that today I've played play now matches instead of CM. The point is many precautions that can make it too easy or too difficult. The video, from last week, do not know why but love these bugs.
https://youtu.be/ydyljsZ76Ho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2018, 09:05 AM   #3442
Rookie

I've noticed my defensive line get out of shape, leaving huge spaces open for the AI forwards to exploit and get to my box unharmed. I've Lost about 4 games in a row because of this. I brought down the height but nothing, there is no way to make the centerbacks stay put.

Enviado desde mi Moto E (4) Plus mediante Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2018, 11:26 AM   #3443
Rookie

While I do love what these sliders bring to the game, I do have a couple of huge problems:

A) The CPU GK saves almost everything. I need a ton of chances to score a goal.
B) Almost every time the CPU has a shot on target, it's a goal.

Here are my stats from my last 5 (play now) matches. I am always the home team and (shots/shots on target).

- REA 1 - 3 ATL: 14/11 - 6/3
- JUV 1 - 4 NAP: 16/9 - 8/5
- BAY 2 - 1 SCH: 26/18 - 3/2
- MAN 0 - 0 LIV: 18/12 - 5/2
- DOR 0 - 4 ARS: 21/9 - 8/6

As you can see, the CPU made the most out of its very few chances. I do notice that the CPU scores a lot on shots from the edge of the penalty box.

I could start lowering/raising GK ability sliders. While this makes scoring against the AI GK easier it does not fix the problem with the CPU being too efficient.

Is there a way to make the CPU more willing to take risky shots and to even out the shots/shots on target between user and CPU?
Old 02-20-2018, 11:27 PM   #3444
Rookie

SteveFBC's Arena

I've put together a couple of vids, one showing the latest OP sliders with my comments, and the 2nd vid showing extended (almost full game) highlights of a recent game using said sliders (England vs Denmark).

Very impressed with the general feel of the game, action in all parts of the pitch and more aggression from the CPU are huge pluses to me, just hope EA leaves the game alone for a while now lol

Anyways, enjoy the videos!

https://youtu.be/p0XbVpN3cZI

https://youtu.be/Q4odEL3pq0M
Old 02-20-2018, 11:34 PM   #3445
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

yay EA just released another patch, at least for the PC version.
I too have been seeing some issues like others have been having, most notably CB's getting out of position allowing easy goals, cpu with high pass and shot %.

So I'm going to do some adjustment testing with the following changes to the ver7 set as follows:
(user/cpu)
Shot Error 50/52
Pass Error 55/57
Marking 58/58

Fouls are still low, but 1st game played seemed promising, will test the rest of the night/morning and let you know what I see and if anybody else is keen to test the setting's please do as the more eye's the better.

Hopefully Matt will get well soon.

Last edited by pflynhi; 02-21-2018 at 12:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2018, 11:39 PM   #3446
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Reading through feedback of the last couple of pages, it seems the main concerns are the following:

1. CPU passive defense.
2. CPU threat on attack.
3. User CB/defensive line getting out of position.

Is that on the right track?

I like that guys are testing with discrepancies as FIFA is always built in favor for the AI, and forces the user to be more manual with their decision making (i.e. moving defenders forward to meet an attacker instead of having it done automatically).

I know PC got another patch, so I'll give that a bash. Thanks for the kind words, I'm back feeling well again and going to keep an eye out. Please keep reverting back to the V7 set as your base, and move values gradually away. For example, testing defensive line, modify marking for user only. Or, if testing CPU threat, drop CPU pass error only. This way you are keeping track of one value changed, relative to the set, as that is the base.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:43 PM   #3447
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

right on cue , glad you are back Matt
Old 02-21-2018, 12:55 AM   #3448
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pflynhi
So I'm going to do some adjustment testing with the following changes to the ver7 set as follows:
(user/cpu)
Shot Error 50/52
Pass Error 55/57
Marking 58/58
Well since Matt is back I'm going to take his advice and narrow down the adjustments, the shot and pass error are pretty self explanatory and an attempt to lower the cpu high % in these area's, the marking is attempting to keep the CB's from getting out of position as easily as they have, at least that's what's been happening to me.

***update*** dropped adjustments to cpu shot/pass error, the few games played appeared to be okay but after a while seemed a bit to much an advantage.
will continue testing the marking at 58

Last edited by pflynhi; 02-21-2018 at 04:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »