Home

FIFA 20 Manager Mode sliders help

This is a discussion on FIFA 20 Manager Mode sliders help within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2019, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
FIFA 20 Manager Mode sliders help

I am currently using the OS community sliders here: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...y-sliders.html (difficulty: Professional)

If I go into kick-off from the main menu I can set it to CPU vs. CPU with those settings and the game sims very well. No complaints. The problem is in manager mode, you can't set it to CPU vs. CPU and so I player lock keeper to get most players on the field controlled by the CPU.

Even though I'm not controlling my players they still seem to play too well when set on Professional. If I set it to World Class or Legendary I have to assume the opponent now has the advantage. It just doesn't seem to be working the way it should either way.

Last edited by onegroove7; 01-18-2020 at 04:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 09:56 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: FIFA 20 Manager Mode sliders help

Greetings from New Zealand.

Since nobody else has tried to help you ill give my opinion.

1. Playing in position is the only way to "manage" FIFA - i too wish they had a CPU v CPU manager mode. I Play in position as the weakest Midfielder or Attacker - normally a youth player.

2. Custom tactics (formations, playing style) effects game play a great deal this year.

3. Check out the community slider discussions, its the best guide as too which sliders you may need to tweak to your liking. Matt10s description of why changes are made to a slider, should give some idea what you may need to change.

4. Difficulty settings after latest Console patch, are off this version (IMO). Im having no luck finding consistent game play since. I normally play World Class as i feel this is the most even (usually), try to remember that the game will make hidden adjustments to game play for the different difficulty settings.

Legendary: the opponent gets the advantage, and attacks like crazy.
World class: Ment to be the most even (IMO)
Pro: Advantage player.

This more than anything effect the Match stats, my thinking regarding how to make the CPU attack more is as follows,

Pass error and First touch (CPU) - i feel these are linked to how confident the CPU is in attack, lower both and see the difference. try 50 pass error and 40 FT.

FT also effect how effective your team tackles (IMO), with a lower FT the CPU can get past tackles better, pull off dribbling moves more consistently, and they will try riskier more attacking passes more.

Acceleration - agree with community that a difference here makes games tighter in defense, dose this effect the CPU ability to attack? I found just 1 point CPU difference worked well for me.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Jan 2020 update

Me again, if your still having problems, ive just managed to get my slider set working well again.

TARGETS;
Possession % as close to 50/50 as possible for even game play. (custom tactic effect this so see below.
Possession Attack zone 15-20% both teams. (long ball teams will have possession in the 40s, but you want attack zone around 15%)
Total shots 20
Shots on target 10
Goals not higher than 5 total (mostly 2-1)

World class (but should work on lower settings?)
Normal speed (slow is broken)
10 min halfs.

Speed 43 (lower sees defense angle of attack mistakes (DAA) helps with feel of game and animations - slows it down a bit.

Acceleration 48 (Stamina is effected by Acc) you still get a quick burst of speed when needed.

Shot error 60 (I want 50% on target shots)

Pass error 50 (no need for change here as i dont care about pass %)

Shot speed 48 (better animations and Keeper reactions)

Pass speed 45 (Helps with game speed/feel, Always have above sprint speed)

Keeper 50

Marking 47 (i lower this to allow better defense shape)

Runs 3/5 (stops players making silly runs, the difference makes up for my effect on the game, if your still a keeper use 3 for both)

Height 52 (you could leave this at 50, its a feel thing.

Length 52 (This has fixed my game, CPU wasn't attacking well in WC after patch, but now is perfect.

Width 45 (game sets up defenses too wide, FBs and WBs stay on the touch line, this pulls them in)

First touch 60 (this will allow the chance for tackles, you could go as low as 55, but lower tackles become in effective.)
Old 01-17-2020, 08:28 PM   #4
Rookie

What platform are you playing on? Have you managed to turn of the trainer? I am trying the same setup as you but for some reason the trainer is always on even though I have turned it to hide in both main menu and pregame. What camera do you play with? I play with broadcast and in kick off it’s fine but during career when I lock the keeper it doesn’t cover all the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-18-2020, 04:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Thanks for the help DaBossa. Are you player locking keeper? I am testing the OS community sliders now and they work CPU vs CPU in kick-off but player locking seems to mess everything up. I'll try your sliders if I'm still struggling after a bit more testing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2020, 04:14 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1
What platform are you playing on? Have you managed to turn of the trainer? I am trying the same setup as you but for some reason the trainer is always on even though I have turned it to hide in both main menu and pregame. What camera do you play with? I play with broadcast and in kick off it’s fine but during career when I lock the keeper it doesn’t cover all the field.

PS4 and even after turning the trainer off, the game still has visual aids that are annoying when I player lock keeper but I am used to it now. I use the default camera and it works fine for me.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #7
Rookie

Dang it!! I really want the game to look and feel as real as possible and ofcouse to have the trainer on with all those visuals does not look real at all. Oh well. Might have to put this game on the shelf again this year. And hope that they bring in a real manger mode next year for us cpu v cpu fans that seem to get ignored every year.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:19 AM   #8
Rookie

Sorry i haven't replied.. xmas holidays..

1. I play as the weakest midfield player with player lock.

2. i use the OS sliders as a guide to see where community think the problem areas are.

Update to my sliders since last patch (Jan 2020), all changers are to advantage the CPU team. I use WC level.

make these to what ever sliders you are using, see if it helps..

Acceleration +1
Pass speed +1
Marking +3
Runs +3
First touch -5 (This will make it harder to tackle them)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »