Home

FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2021, 08:27 PM   #1793
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 21 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
Even with these sliders, defense is a joke and you can just tell the game is geared for fast-paced FUT spectacles, which is a shame given how much potential there is in here. I really like how fluid and lifelike the animations, movement, player physics and controls are, but the actual gameplay is indeed a mess. It's just so easy to break down the CPU's defense on World Class because defenders are simply braindead and will give my players acres of space every time down the pitch if I string some decent passes together. And as others have said, I don't want to play on higher difficulty levels because those are cheesefests.

PES isn't much better, either, what with the complete absence of a midfield and every team playing the same. This year just wasn't good for footy games. We football gamers deserve better than this old rubbish from EA and Konami.
Yes this!

In World class the CPU defenders are socially distancing from my players. But in legendary they are like magnets. Even with forwards that are speed demons I can't out run defenders. Sliders don't do much in legendary at all in that regard because like 95% of the goals I concede are from diagonal or vertical attacks where the CPU just taps it in the near post effortlessly. Meanwhile all my passes and shots get blocked. I can't even create a run.

I guess I should try and play around with sliders in WC to try and get some kind of competition.

Edit: I can seriously tell when the computer is going to score in legendary. The moment the dancing around the key starts and the pin pong effect happens I know it will score.

Last edited by bleeet; 05-16-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:21 AM   #1794
Just started!

Can't believe I never knew this forum existed until now. Just played this for the first time in a good few months, almost sick of it already after two games with over 6 goals each.

Tried the "shorter half legendary" and "harder legendary" sliders in the OP and the game feels better but every game still ending up like 5-4, 4-2, etc.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to make goalkeepers a little bit useful? Doesn't seem to matter what I do with the GK Ability slider; up at 75 in my last game and they just lie down.
Old 05-22-2021, 11:32 AM   #1795
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuctifano
Can't believe I never knew this forum existed until now. Just played this for the first time in a good few months, almost sick of it already after two games with over 6 goals each.

Tried the "shorter half legendary" and "harder legendary" sliders in the OP and the game feels better but every game still ending up like 5-4, 4-2, etc.

Anyone have any recommendations on how to make goalkeepers a little bit useful? Doesn't seem to matter what I do with the GK Ability slider; up at 75 in my last game and they just lie down.

..the keepers lie down, because it is a programming bug... saves from outside and maybe close encounters in the box, they have improved in respect to the previous versions of fifa, but on a 1 vs 1 situation they suck and have been the worst keepers since 2016... if they would remain standing, 80% of shots ( also near post shots) would be saved.. but the gruesome ( he-was-shot-animations) falling down aniumations are ridiculous and poor... I wrote to EA, but they have not responded or reacted with a decent patch... I have tried GK sliders from 42 - 90... no improvement in that direction... 1vs1 you have to lob or aim high..thats it..goal.. I even boght tall GK...no improvement...hope this gets better in 2030
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2021, 01:54 PM   #1796
Rookie

Dana Harris's Arena

I just played a game using the original sliders way back on page 1.

The game played beautifully and I won 2-1 on World Class Career mode.(Man UTD versus Wolves)

A lot of issues I had with the gameplay have been fixed.
The players on both sides actually move like a real football match.
I think I need to up the User Speed a little because I only had 4 shots all game. Hard time getting to the box for chances. But yet I still held on to the lead somehow and still won. That could have just been due to the fact that Wolves have the premier leagues number one defense (on career mode).

These sliders are a perfect starting point to get close to natural player movements and then you can make your adjustments from that point.

Last edited by Dana Harris; 05-22-2021 at 01:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2021, 07:42 PM   #1797
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Such a shame with this game. I recently played a game (teaching my kids footy games) and it was just strange. Wide open, no midfielders again, end-to-end, boring gameplay. This was on default sliders!

Then I subjected them to the sliders we've got posted, and it was better shape, but still - the heart of the issue is lack of midfield.

I've been playing PES 2021 lately, with a lot of adjustments, and enjoying it for what it is. It has midifelders tracking back at least .

Let's "hope" FIFA 22 does something. I don't think I'll be invited to the closed beta this year as I have barely played the game on my console (which is where they usually reference), but have a good amount of hours on PC.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:52 AM   #1798
Pro

After really trying to like this game,it has a lot of good stuff on the ball,shooting/dribbling,looks pretty damn good too, Im finding it really hard to like.

CPU defenders has adopted the PES slide tackling system for instance,where the just lie down and gets the ball every time,yeah you can make a fast dribble to avoid it,but the issue is that they hit the ball 10/10,hardly any sloppy tackles generating free kicks.

CPU pretty much has a free pass from their own third up to my third of the pitch,very hard getting hold of the ball.

And something just feels off with this game,can't really find the nerve and excitement in this game.
All these examples are Vs FIFA 20 which I find miles better.
But I'm going to make more attempts trying to like it.
And I'm not going to compare it to 16/17 which stands out for me game play wise

Xbox :ettnollbajen

Last edited by Ettnollbajen; 07-24-2021 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 07:36 PM   #1799
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Such a shame with this game. I recently played a game (teaching my kids footy games) and it was just strange. Wide open, no midfielders again, end-to-end, boring gameplay. This was on default sliders!

Then I subjected them to the sliders we've got posted, and it was better shape, but still - the heart of the issue is lack of midfield.

I've been playing PES 2021 lately, with a lot of adjustments, and enjoying it for what it is. It has midifelders tracking back at least .

Let's "hope" FIFA 22 does something. I don't think I'll be invited to the closed beta this year as I have barely played the game on my console (which is where they usually reference), but have a good amount of hours on PC.
Based on what you wrote before is it even worth to beta test considering from what you said they did not listen to the complaints about the CM issue?
Old 05-23-2021, 09:20 PM   #1800
Pro

jrnlgrn's Arena

I'd wager the quality feedback Matt and others similarly invested (not the game changers though) in offline gameplay are the only reason the game has the remaining realism it does. Whether it falls on deaf ears or not those who intend on sticking with the series should continue to leave feedback especially if your going to spend your hard earned money on it.

Last edited by jrnlgrn; 05-24-2021 at 06:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »