Home

**mkharsh33 NHL 11 All-Star Sliders**

This is a discussion on **mkharsh33 NHL 11 All-Star Sliders** within the EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #17
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: **mkharsh33 NHL 11 All-Star Sliders**

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorismary
Hey MKH ,
These look pretty much what I have been using last and this year so when I get time I'll try them out .
But between modes its a freaking ordeal to imput setting as nothing transfers so i guess I cant retire my pen and notebook this year .
So If you try playing PLAYOFF mode its still all cpu boosting so your sliders will hAVE to be adjusting in that mode so if/when (hint hint) you ever play Playoff mode I would love to know your adjustments .
Thanks A

This.

Sorry to be a buzz kill, but if you are tweaking sliders in Play Now, it might not mean anything once you start a Be-A-GM as the sliders tend to translate differently across game modes.

Just sayin'. Sometimes, its best to start a Be-A-GM (for testing purposes) in order to find the sliders that work in in that context.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 PM   #18
Banned

bill2451's Arena

OVR: 16

hey, saw you guys talking about the pass intercept slider... yeah I was the guy that made that thread last year. From my experience the puck was a lot "looser" and more natural when the slider was at 0. A lot more deflections and that like rather than perfect pass interceptions where the puck magically goes right to the defenders stick

I haven't played around w/ it yet in 11, but I'd imagine the slider works the same this year
Old 09-08-2010, 08:59 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
This.

Sorry to be a buzz kill, but if you are tweaking sliders in Play Now, it might not mean anything once you start a Be-A-GM as the sliders tend to translate differently across game modes.

Just sayin'. Sometimes, its best to start a Be-A-GM (for testing purposes) in order to find the sliders that work in in that context.
Thanks OBG ,
I havent tried them all but last year Season and Challenge modes were the same while PLAYOFF mode was almost a acrade CPU Boost fest obviously made for a bunch of guys together on a Saturday night and not for individually use like to play along will the real NHL Playoffs so me and BostonGardan created a pretty good set .
Im Pmed Jason aka RS on this ongoing issue as how simply this could be sovled by having multiple settings saves to go along with the many games modes because as you said most play different .

I mean its 2010 and most/all games you enter a game mode with your settings they transfer in .
For me and actually many its kind of disappointing have to switch adjust Base settings everytime you enter a mode or then have to take pen and paper and write down and adjusting sliders for every mode

Last edited by dorismary; 09-08-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #20
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill2451
hey, saw you guys talking about the pass intercept slider... yeah I was the guy that made that thread last year. From my experience the puck was a lot "looser" and more natural when the slider was at 0. A lot more deflections and that like rather than perfect pass interceptions where the puck magically goes right to the defenders stick

I haven't played around w/ it yet in 11, but I'd imagine the slider works the same this year
I've been using it at 3 for both user and CPU.
I think there needs to be that good balance between pass speed and the intercept slider though, otherwise it feels all out of whack.
I think my last game I used pass speed-2, saucer speed-5, and intercepts at 3.
I wonder what happens if all of these are set the same? I will try that tomorrow and see how it plays out.
I would think we'd want pass speed slider equal to or higher than the intercept slider. I think it would make the defenders seem a little less psychic giving us a better chance to thread that quick pass through, just not all the time.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 PM   #21
Banned

MKH ,
Yep gameplay is amazing great job man take a bow and I dont know about scoring yet but with your range it can be easily adjusted .
Love the Goalie play and does anyone else think the CPU/HU Strategy slider is a amazing addition to making this game play more like the real thing ?

Last edited by dorismary; 09-08-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Can you guys try some testing in the different modes (playoff and BAGM)?

I'll continue to tinker in play-now mode...

Do ONE more thing... change the following TWO sliders:

- move pass assist down from 3 to ZERO
- move both pass interception sliders down from 5 to ZERO

I remember reading about the "magnetism" last year but couldn't remember who posted that. Thanks for sharing!

I didn't a slider set last year but did two years ago. But I did take notes down in my notebook (yeah, I'm that type!) and I used a hybrid of sliders that came from probably every slider creator here. I always look for similarities and "trends" in them so it's kinda the best of all worlds.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Can you guys try some testing in the different modes (playoff and BAGM)?

I'll continue to tinker in play-now mode...

Do ONE more thing... change the following TWO sliders:

- move pass assist down from 3 to ZERO
- move both pass interception sliders down from 5 to ZERO

I remember reading about the "magnetism" last year but couldn't remember who posted that. Thanks for sharing!

I didn't a slider set last year but did two years ago. But I did take notes down in my notebook (yeah, I'm that type!) and I used a hybrid of sliders that came from probably every slider creator here. I always look for similarities and "trends" in them so it's kinda the best of all worlds.

Thanks!
Im 2 periods thru NJ at Tor me and Im liking the change alot , more natural less suction , spacing hope this makes sense.
As far as other modes Play now and Challenge played about the same last year but just a tiny bit tougher kind of like when the playoffs started in season mode BUT nothing boost crazy like Playoff mode is .
I'll try yours latest with Cup mode in a bit but im sure its the same this year as Playoff mode is still alot of boost this year .

Cpu is killing me on screen shot goals lol

Last edited by dorismary; 09-08-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Makes a HUGE difference and I'm loving it!!

The only problem I'm having is I cannot connect on passes, mostly those that I should. Personally, I don't that I (myself) can play with pass assist at zero. I just lost (got killed) as Edmonton to Anaheim 7-1.

My biggest problem is losing passes back to the point on the power-play. And because I can't connect on passes, I got outshot 38-11. My passing percentage was 53% (96-178) to Anaheim's 73% (110-150).

Also, I have edited three team rosters (Anaheim, Edmonton, & Pittsburgh) using Dobber Hockey's guide that I purchased last week. And for the record, Taylor Hall is a beast! But my guys aren't gassed all the time as I've spread out their pp and pm minutes, so it played out near perfection.

I am going to replay the game but up pass assist to 1 and see how it goes.

Many thanks for the interception idea - I'm leaving those at zero for both human and cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »