Home

Old 01-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
Rookie

toyo301985's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AI Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66risesfame
i've discovered game style : normal with all-star or super star generates alot of penalties cpu took like 7 and i took 6
which sliders do you use?
Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #10
Just started!

it vary's but i do use cpu penalties and teammate penalties: both 5
Old 01-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #11
Rookie

toyo301985's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66risesfame
it vary's but i do use cpu penalties and teammate penalties: both 5
it could be...

strarting from the idea of reducing AI learning (getting more penalties) a normal cpu aid could increase the penalty calls, because, a penalty is a bad check. So if the cpu aid increase the error of it self, I could get more penalty calls. I use cycloniac's sliders. I'm going to try this you said to watch how much affect the gameplay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #12
Banned

CelticHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

I must say no...IMO the normal cpu aid not give more penalties....but viceversa....i made many test on this.... to the other hands.... also the cpu strategy decreased.... influences the penalties called....
Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #13
Pro

gsize19's Arena

OVR: 3

I get pleanty of PP ops with the AI maxed at 6, and a tougher game... Only once have the opponent came back, 2-1 with a shot with 8 seconds and it went in and I lost in OT... The thing is, I was out of position and screened my own goalie, so I deserved to lose that game... When I have them set at 0, 1 or 2, I win just about every game... While winning is important, I want a challenge and was not getting one with AI as stupid, and saw the saem amount of penalties as I do now... I sometimes get 4 or 5, have had as many as 8 only once in 30 games have had 0... (using 1.06 and my own slider settings which are similar to Cyclonic's, just tweaked)

I don't steal rosters and pass them off as my own, I create them!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:02 PM   #14
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsize19
I get pleanty of PP ops with the AI maxed at 6, and a tougher game... Only once have the opponent came back, 2-1 with a shot with 8 seconds and it went in and I lost in OT... The thing is, I was out of position and screened my own goalie, so I deserved to lose that game... When I have them set at 0, 1 or 2, I win just about every game... While winning is important, I want a challenge and was not getting one with AI as stupid, and saw the saem amount of penalties as I do now... I sometimes get 4 or 5, have had as many as 8 only once in 30 games have had 0... (using 1.06 and my own slider settings which are similar to Cyclonic's, just tweaked)
AI Learning may equal more of a challenge as your season progresses, but in the end it' s still a cup cheat slider. You'll reach games where no matter how good you play, you'll lose and the frustration will set in. As far as the connection to penalties, I'm sure there is some, but I don't think it's extreme.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

The thing I noticed about AI Learning is that the AI reacts to your controller input faster. What I mean is the if you're at a standstill and you push your stick to the right, the CPU AI will take an immediate action and move in position to where you're player will be moving, essentially beating you to the spot. The lower the AI Learning it seems that the AI reacts more realistically with a more appreciative reaction timing.

With this theory, it also makes sense that the AI would take more penalties this way as they will be out of position more and will reach, trip, or slash more often.

Then again...who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #16
Banned

for some reason in be a gm and season mode if i keep the ai learning at
4 & cpu difficulty adjustment: 3 & cpu strategy adjustment: 3 &
human strategy adjustment: 3& cpu face off difficulty: 4 (( 3 cpu is just too easy)) fight difficulty: 3 & cpu team mate penalties: 5 & cpu penalties: 5

i get good games out the cpu . (( if cpu difficulty adjustment: 2 )) cpu is just too easy

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Last Gen Sliders »