Home

NHL 10 Blog: So You Think You're Hardcore?

This is a discussion on NHL 10 Blog: So You Think You're Hardcore? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #33
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 10 Blog: So You Think You're Hardcore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
My biggest issue with 09 is right there in that hardcore video of the missed check - it's showed 10 times in a row. The sticks seem to pass right through each other as the check misses. Is collision detection fixed?
Well...you need to get right over that, dude. NO hockey game has ever had stick collision as the hardware we are playing on probably couldn't even compute something like that...plus the programming that would require would be insane.

A lot of sports games have collision issues, and hockey has stick collision issues. Get over it.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:14 PM   #34
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlybygrace
Well...you need to get right over that, dude. NO hockey game has ever had stick collision as the hardware we are playing on probably couldn't even compute something like that...plus the programming that would require would be insane.

A lot of sports games have collision issues, and hockey has stick collision issues. Get over it.
Easy, man. He raises a valid point and I thought the same thing watching that clip. You might be right that collision detection on that level may be a stretch, but there's no need to jump on someone for pointing something out.

This demo needs to come out before we all lose our minds.

And Redshirt, thanks for the input. If you can't tell, we're all just a tad excited to get our hands on this puppy. Keep up the good work...

Last edited by Qb; 08-19-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 31

While I agree mgo, these consoles just don't have the ram to handle the calculations needed for perfect collision detection while keeping the game at 60 fps. When the Xbox 720 or Sony BluMedia Player 4 has a gig of dedicated ram rather than the 512/256 they have now, it'll be a sound arguement to make. Raw CPU processing power can only do so much without having RAM on the backend to help out.

Back on topic, knowing now that we can set the demo to hardcore mode has given me a chubby. Figured you'd all like to know that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 12:38 PM   #36
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by akula
do you have high speed Internet on board?
HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! .....sadly no

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 08-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #37
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:

Christ, lay off the attitude. I had tons of times when I saw collision issues with skates, legs, pucks and even the ice. I noticed this especially last year when they patched the penalty occurances. You would put yourself in position to stop the puck with your skate and the puck, your opponents leg and/or the blade of your opponents stick would pass right through your guy. It seemed, probably not reality, but seemed, to result in a goal against you 90% of the time.
If a stick passes through a stick on occasion or even the above happened once in 10 games I wouldn't have any issues with it, but it happened way too often last season.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #38
MVP

Nickflyers's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Hardcore Mode Blog Up

Quote:
Thanks...good job this year.

1000 posts...I'd like to thank my wife, my parents, and God of course...couldn't have done it without you guyz...oh...and all my fans...loyal bastards you are...and...what?...im a loser?...

oh...okay...nevermind then.
HAHAHA

Twitch

YouTube Channel
Old 08-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

I think I just...

Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Now this is hockey. Guys losing control of the puck when turning too quick or an unskilled player trying to deke, total control of passing off the boards, the puck not automatically sucked to a player's stick when it goes near them. That little clip of a scrum along the boards was teh awesome as well. Very very impressed.
Agreed Realm!
This blog answered all my questions and concerns.

But I'm still TICKED that the demo is being released tomorrow. I'll be half way to Winnipeg instead of sitting on my couch playing this game myself.

All of you lucky SOB's better chime in with impressions as much as possible!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »