Home

NHL series PS3 vs. Xbox

This is a discussion on NHL series PS3 vs. Xbox within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #9
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NHL series PS3 vs. Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970
i would say by now it just comes down to:

Which controller you prefer

Whether you play a lot online (360 will have more online players)
Yep, that's the standard requirement test that I've already figured out. The sticks on the PS3 move smoother and it's just more of a reliable system for me which is why I'd prefer to get that version. I was just curious as to any hiccups the PS3 versions have had in the past when compared to the 360 versions.

Thanks for the heads up on the lag guys, I remember it being annoying when it happened (er.. still happens) in 09 on 360. I'll be playing a decent amount of EASHL but most of my time will be spent in GM mode.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #10
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
Not sure if you were able to play both versions, but I know after playing the 360 version online for months and then playing the PS3 version, the difference was noticeable.
No, I didn't play 09 on the 360. Though I did play 08 for the 360, and 09 for the PS3 wasn't any different than that in the lag department. 09 on the PS3 was a very smooth online experience for me. Never played 09 on 360 though, so maybe you're right.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Yep, that's the standard requirement test that I've already figured out. The sticks on the PS3 move smoother and it's just more of a reliable system for me which is why I'd prefer to get that version.
I noticed the same thing with the analog sticks. I thought it was just me though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
I noticed the same thing with the analog sticks. I thought it was just me though.
They're not for everyone it seems but personally I think they're great for sports games based on The Show, Madden 10 and the NHL 09 demo. They seem to really shine in NHL just because they move so smoothly and quickly. I don't really like them at all for shooters but for most other games they seem to be superior.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

I guess I'm lucky (like probably a few others here) who own both systems. But, I think I'm going to start buying my sports games on the PS3. I've had nothing but problems with the 360 (see the latest article on Yahoo about 1/2 the 360's sold go bad?)

I've heard that the colors on the PS3 are more vibrant, but as others have stated, NHL10 should be the same on both systems. For me, it comes down to console reliability. I've had the PS3 for a year or more and never and issue. I'm on my 5th 360 within 3 years.

Reliability is the big factor you need to consider. Other then that, I don't think it matters which system you buy it for.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:33 PM   #14
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
I guess I'm lucky (like probably a few others here) who own both systems. But, I think I'm going to start buying my sports games on the PS3. I've had nothing but problems with the 360 (see the latest article on Yahoo about 1/2 the 360's sold go bad?)

I've heard that the colors on the PS3 are more vibrant, but as others have stated, NHL10 should be the same on both systems. For me, it comes down to console reliability. I've had the PS3 for a year or more and never and issue. I'm on my 5th 360 within 3 years.

Reliability is the big factor you need to consider. Other then that, I don't think it matters which system you buy it for.
Yeah, I just read a similar article in Game Informer. It was like 56% or something crazy like that. I believe it though.. I went through 4 or 5(too many to remember, lol) in a little less that 2 years. Completely ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
They're not for everyone it seems but personally I think they're great for sports games based on The Show, Madden 10 and the NHL 09 demo. They seem to really shine in NHL just because they move so smoothly and quickly. I don't really like them at all for shooters but for most other games they seem to be superior.
Yeah, I agree. I like both controllers, but I might give a slight edge to the ps3's. Especially once I put trigger clips on the L2 and R2 buttons. Though I do like how the edges of the sticks are raised up on the 360's controller. Every once in a while my thumb will slip off the ps3's.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10

True that, I tried playing NHL09 on XBOX at a friends house and their sticks are really annoying. My passes kept being sent down the ice constantly. Passes are tough even for 09! I can't imagine how it would be with NHL10s hardcore mode...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 38

I dont play online but love it for DLC , ect but I would never pay for online what scam so its ps3 for me plus I use it as a backup cpu I also had no issues with nhl 09 on ps3

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »