Home

NHL series PS3 vs. Xbox

This is a discussion on NHL series PS3 vs. Xbox within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
NHL series PS3 vs. Xbox

Yes, another one of these topics. Hear me out though guys, it'll be quick and painless I promise .

I just got a PS3 this past spring. I've pretty much made the decision to get all my sports games/pretty much any non-shooter game on PS3 rather than Xbox simply because I find it's more reliable and I just enjoy the feel of it.

All I'd like to know is if the NHL series has any past oddities on the PS3 that maybe weren't present on the 360? I've played 07-09 on 360 so I really had no exposure to the PS iterations. I did download the 09 demo last week on my PS3 just to see how it feels with the controller (which I actually thought was smoother than the 360 for this game) but a demo is a demo. Have there been any consistent hiccups or issues found solely in the PS3 versions of the NHL series that should deter me from making the switch for NHL 10?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NHL series PS3 vs. Xbox

nhl 08 sucked on ps3- it wasnt even 30 fps.
NHL 09 on ps3 was on par with the 360 with exception on custom soundtracks i believe.
NHL 10 is supposedly the same for both this year- as ps3 has custom soundtracks.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
NHL 10 is supposedly the same for both this year- as ps3 has custom soundtracks.
Fight Night was supposed to have custom soundtracks too, so I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #4
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

I really don't care about the soundtracks myself, so if everything else in 09 was the same as the 360 version that's what I needed to know!
Old 08-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Depends if you're going to be playing alot of online. I played last year's NHL 09 on the PS3 to try out one of the patches that was still a ways away from the 360 and all I can say is, whether it's 1v1 or OTP, it can be a laggy mess at times. Granted, the 360 had it's own online issues with connectivity and such, but I'd rather that than the problems I encountered playing OTP online on the PS3. Almost disasterous at times. Even 1v1 had some odd hiccups.

But if most of your play is going to be offline, then it really won't matter. They do have some differences in the colour palettes and the way they convey translucent objects. I noticed this when I was creating a player. The visors look hella different on the two systems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

I played a TON of different types of games online with the ps3 and hardly ever experienced any lag. Though sometimes it would be take a few tries to actually connect with an opponent.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by getinthevan87
I played a TON of different types of games online with the ps3 and hardly ever experienced any lag. Though sometimes it would be take a few tries to actually connect with an opponent.
Not sure if you were able to play both versions, but I know after playing the 360 version online for months and then playing the PS3 version, the difference was noticeable.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

i would say by now it just comes down to:

Which controller you prefer

Whether you play a lot online (360 will have more online players)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »