Home

Post your hilarious/stupid trades

This is a discussion on Post your hilarious/stupid trades within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Post your hilarious/stupid trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
True.
As tough as realistic progression seems be to program...I guess realistic regression is just as tough.
Why?....I have no idea...seems simple enough...but we as users never seem happy with it.
For me...I'd be happy with(in any game....any sport..)
A trade value(1-10...1-100...5 stars...whatever...and there would be two values...what your scouts and staff consider your players and what other teams consider your players) and
A star value(This would relate to the team and the fanbase.....think Derek Jeter for the Yankees. He's 99 value for the Yankees in this regard.....basically....he could never get traded in a franchise with this value)
Of course...you would have to be able to edit both of these.

M.K.
Knight165
I really like the idea of having the value of a player to it's fan base taken into consideration. I bet it would be hard to implement but it would be pretty cool.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 AM   #18
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeshun
I really like the idea of having the value of a player to it's fan base taken into consideration. I bet it would be hard to implement but it would be pretty cool.
I don't see why not? I mean the FA agents have "motives" for signing whether it be for a winning team, money, etc. I don't see how it can't be implemented in some facet...
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeshun
It seems that you can really screw the CPU when you make 3-for-1 trades... You can get any player this way. I think they should implement a system where each team has a couple 'untouchables' i.e. Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Luongo, Lecavalier etc. There's no way any of these players will be traded in real life.

?? Luongos been traded twice... and wasnt vinny on the block last season

Last edited by maddenislife; 10-19-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-19-2009, 05:21 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenislife
?? Luongos been traded twice... and wasnt vinny on the block last season
Yeah, Luongo was traded twice.. so what? He was never the cornerstone of the franchise like he is in Vancouver. As far as I know Lecavalier was never 'on the block', there were rumors he was being shopped to the Canadiens at one point but it was pure speculation/rumors and TB GM denied all of it. If Tampa got rid of Lecavalier now there franchise would fall apart. Not because he's Wayne Gretzky but because he's a big part of the reason the fans still go to their games.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Even if Luongo wasn't the "cornerstone" of the Panthers he was clearly an elite, franchise-level netminder. It's not like he suddenly took a giant leap forward once he ended up in Vancouver.

Here's my silly trade: I could not trade Malkin for Nash, straight-up.
Also it seems way too easy to deal for (good/great) goalies, which is odd as they seem to go quite early in the fantasy draft (which is why I don't have a good one, lol).
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »