Home

IGN Review is up

This is a discussion on IGN Review is up within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: IGN Review is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal2405
Bingo. Yeah, I'll read the reviews, and I hate seeing crap write-ups like IGN's, because that keeps away the people who aren't die-hard NHL gamers like us, thus preventing the fan base from growing as quickly as it could otherwise. Websites that put up game reviews should have one or two guys who review nothing but sports games. The guy that reviews Call of Duty probably won't know the intricacies of the sport he's reviewing in a sports game.
Nailed it right on the head, fullmetal. That's exactly what happened. Not a bid deal just disappointing.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #50
Rookie

Chad0034's Arena

OVR: 2

I hate watching/reading this review, because I know this guy got paid for that "work".
Old 09-04-2010, 10:43 PM   #51
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

what a horrible review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 03:53 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapon X
I agree, however I actually realized that the game is infact slower on the "Default" style setting, because when I changed it to Normal and eventually Hardcore, I noticed an immediate difference and the game speed felt much more realistic. I observed the sliders in the demo a few days ago and sure enough, Default's game speed is at like 1 click while Normal/Hardcore looks to have theirs at about 3 clicks.
Was it like this in the demo, too? It felt to me like default was faster-paced than normal and hardcore.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #53
Pro

statnut's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal2405
The guy that reviews Call of Duty probably won't know the intricacies of the sport he's reviewing in a sports game.
That's a bad general assumption. I've reviewed games like Lego Harry Potter, Left 4 Dead 2, and play Call of Duty, but can review NHL 11 and other sports games as well. Just because someone reviews FPS doesn't mean they don't play and/or follow sports games.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:35 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 22

Ign are morans , have they ever known sports? I remember numerous pathetic omissions from both 2ksports and ea when they break down the game features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »