Home

Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

This is a discussion on Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-23-2011, 11:26 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
2K should make a hockey game...
Zzzzzzz...

No actually you're right. And the moon should be made of cheese, and we should all have wings and be able to fly instead of walk, and I should have been born as Bill Gates' son.

You're right tR, there's nothing wrong with wishing and dreaming crazy dreams, nothing at all.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:53 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
The problem with the HipChk is that it works every time! How did QA miss this? Next time take 4 guys from the top 20 (mainly cheesy exploiters) and let them play the game for a few weeks as QA testers, they will surely find the glitches in no time. Hip checks in NHL12 are utter crap.
And offer $1000 to the one with the best record so they are more likely to try to cheat to win that way.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:04 PM   #59
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
I hate how on the 360 I always accidently push in the right stick when trying to do a normal check. Last year this used to make me really mad because I would miss checks. This year I still miss some but other times I get this hip check cheese. I agree this isn't really a problem offline because you can choose not to use it unless by accident like me you push in the right stick.

Online though like many have said this is the current cheese. I love playing online in this game when both teams play the game like mostly real NHL but that doesn't happen to often so I don't play a lot online if I can help it.

Also I heard from some people playing drop in games and stuff that EA said they were already planning to address this in the first tuner. Not sure if that is true or not.

Quote:
The problem with the HipChk is that it works every time! How did QA miss this? Next time take 4 guys from the top 20 (mainly cheesy exploiters) and let them play the game for a few weeks as QA testers, they will surely find the glitches in no time. Hip checks in NHL12 are utter crap.
I think QA misses cheese like this because their QA testers don't try and find exploits as much as they should. They probably test the game as they intended it to be played so they miss stupid cheese like this that people find online.

Last edited by SGMRock; 09-23-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS

I'm only a few days into NHL 12, and already the game's much-touted "Full Contact Physics Engine" is revealing itself to be glitchy, annoying and completely unrealistic.

The right-stick body checking isn't at blame. It's the retuned "instagib" hip check R3 button, which one-hit kills anyone who happens to graze the polyester on your player's jersey while he's -- or this year, she's -- treating opponents to a full moon.

Read More - Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism
I actually did that hit, I'm quite suprised that someone found, but that was sooooooo stupid and funny.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:03 PM   #61
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Dbags > AI

You kill me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #62
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Also I heard from some people playing drop in games and stuff that EA said they were already planning to address this in the first tuner. Not sure if that is true or not.
I know they are monitoring feedback here and working on fixes for a patch (and I'm sure tuning as well). And before anyone asks, this is all I know... no details.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:38 PM   #63
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by addybojangles
Here's the deal. Would you rather see EA Sports give an effort and introduce more physics into their game at the detriment of having wonky animations happen from time to time? Or the same old non-physics?

HOPEFULLY they can tune it down via a patch because it is an issue. Also: have yet to see a penalty for a hip check that happens completely outside of the play.

With that said, it can be argued the physics on REGULAR hits and normal game plays has improved by a significant margin. The trade-off for weird-*** hip checks for more realistic physics is fine by me.
If they`re going to add stuff....like this physics,.....maybe they need to actually play test,..understanding physics might help too,....because the effort put into testing a lot of things looks like it was terribly lacking......as it was terribly lacking in other areas too.

I can`t even list all the issues because I`d have to spend a few hours making a compendium of bugs,glitches,and other issues,.....and lots of them are things that would have been found within 2 minutes of testing certain things,like every BaP position,...including GOALIE!

A game tester should be torturing every millimeter of a game,......that`s why it`s called testing.
That`s also why there is this bitter backlash coming at them at times.....because there are things that should have been found within a minute or two of testing a certain mode/position/other options....and when these make it to the retail version of the game,.......what do you think the consumer,....EA`s mealticket,...thinks?

What should they think?

Rosters,.....there`s another one,....put some effort into it please,....we know there`s turnover,......so till you know who`s in who`s out,...you get the rest of the rosters correct and attributes adjusted half decent,......then you get them all right as soon as you can do it,.......if what we get till the additions are made had effort put into it,..face attributes,correct goalie equipment...EA`s own forum had a goalie equipment thread,...it basically had every goalie in the game almost,...had all their expected gear,....that could have been used to get the goalie pads and stuff bang on,or damn close,......and what you got from them was not great.
Hey,it was better than last year`s sad effort......but they didn`t have quite the data base of up to date gear pics.

It was tee`d up for them,....an idiot could have done the job in about 3 hours ,...tops.......a brain damaged monkey 2.5 hrs.....and they had months to get it done to a point where we all would have said ,...great stuff,....we can wait a little longer if it means better quality stuff coming out way.

I`m just sayin.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:59 PM   #64
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

And some people wonder why devs don't spend more time here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »