Home

Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

This is a discussion on Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Hip Checks Hurting NHL 12's Realism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceteris Paribus
And some people wonder why devs don't spend more time here.
sometimes it takes a hard critique to get a point across... they should read this stuff. they've got a GREAT selling game - if they've got a spine they'll read this stuff and see that it can get better. one of the stated goals of my co-workers is "in all things excellence." that means we can be tough on ourselves, and take it like big boys and big girls. EA's no exception to this...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 01:28 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2
Yes because this is game breaking. Really if you don't like it shuuush, they'll fix it and what do you expect? Almost every EA Sports game is broken at launch... no all of them are.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:38 PM   #67
Banned

Ceteris Paribus's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
sometimes it takes a hard critique to get a point across... they should read this stuff. they've got a GREAT selling game - if they've got a spine they'll read this stuff and see that it can get better. one of the stated goals of my co-workers is "in all things excellence." that means we can be tough on ourselves, and take it like big boys and big girls. EA's no exception to this...
First, it was written in a demeaning manner. Second, most of it had nothing to do with the topic of the thread. Third, he's just repeating the same thing the devs have heard over and over and over. If they can get it fixed, they will.

We know a patch will come. Whiny posts like his only serve to alienate the devs from the people here.

We all want a better game. But at some point realism sets in. There isn't a better game, as EA has made just about the best games of hockey ever to grace a console. NHL 94 wasn't better, nor any of the other classic great games of hockey we loved.

If this fails to be fun, stop playing sports games. Your expectations are not in line with reality. Expressing what would make the game better is great. Insinuating that the devs are dumb or lazy is BS.

Last edited by Ceteris Paribus; 09-24-2011 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:53 PM   #68
Banned

Jattbreed's Arena

OVR: 1

Anybody who is sympathetic to a person who gets PAID to do their JOB to TEST the games and has evidently failed by allowing such a huge glitch into this game is ridiculous.

In the past you could at least play some D to avoid the glitch goals, but there is NO WAY to stop the hip check.

And the freezing? Like seriously? Smh.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:47 PM   #69
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogie Vachon
If they`re going to add stuff....like this physics,.....maybe they need to actually play test,..understanding physics might help too,....because the effort put into testing a lot of things looks like it was terribly lacking......as it was terribly lacking in other areas too.

I can`t even list all the issues because I`d have to spend a few hours making a compendium of bugs,glitches,and other issues,.....and lots of them are things that would have been found within 2 minutes of testing certain things,like every BaP position,...including GOALIE!

A game tester should be torturing every millimeter of a game,......that`s why it`s called testing.
That`s also why there is this bitter backlash coming at them at times.....because there are things that should have been found within a minute or two of testing a certain mode/position/other options....and when these make it to the retail version of the game,.......what do you think the consumer,....EA`s mealticket,...thinks?

What should they think?

Rosters,.....there`s another one,....put some effort into it please,....we know there`s turnover,......so till you know who`s in who`s out,...you get the rest of the rosters correct and attributes adjusted half decent,......then you get them all right as soon as you can do it,.......if what we get till the additions are made had effort put into it,..face attributes,correct goalie equipment...EA`s own forum had a goalie equipment thread,...it basically had every goalie in the game almost,...had all their expected gear,....that could have been used to get the goalie pads and stuff bang on,or damn close,......and what you got from them was not great.
Hey,it was better than last year`s sad effort......but they didn`t have quite the data base of up to date gear pics.

It was tee`d up for them,....an idiot could have done the job in about 3 hours ,...tops.......a brain damaged monkey 2.5 hrs.....and they had months to get it done to a point where we all would have said ,...great stuff,....we can wait a little longer if it means better quality stuff coming out way.

I`m just sayin.
I understand your and everyone's frustrations, but try not to be so hostile. Also, using a bunch of ellipses "...."s makes your post very difficult to read.
Old 09-25-2011, 02:43 AM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 13
Yeah the physics bother me but at the same time I don't dwell on them. Right when I started the game and it had me play the winter classic, one of my first hits was launching Alex Ovechkin into the bench with Zbynek Michalek hich in real life would be shocking but by EA standards I wasn't surprised. Also in the same game I went for a hip check with Paul Martin and the other player seemed to get stuck on his back to which Martin Stood up for the player to drop from Martin's shoulders down to the ice in the same pose the whole way down and for a few seconds on the ice.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #71
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

To piggyback on what Matrix said and address a few of the other comments, please continue to offer constructive criticism, as that is not an issue. But please avoid the "idiot" and "brain-dead monkey" type of comments that do nothing to advance to discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 AM   #72
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
I understand your and everyone's frustrations, but try not to be so hostile. Also, using a bunch of ellipses "...."s makes your post very difficult to read.
I really don`t think I was being hostile,.....I was being honest,although the comment about brain damaged monkeys was crossing the line,for which I apologize.
The point is,and sorry to re-tell it.....if JoeBlow can find things in a matter of minutes/hours/few days of playing the retail version....and they are things that should have easily been found in testing..the consumer is going to begin asking why is the product like this?
It obviously makes a statement/impression.......but is this the statement/impression EA wants to make?

Using the elipses is something I use to break up the text and phrasing a little better so a person doesn't see an endless wall of rambling text,...I actually think it makes it easier to read,just like using a paragraph,but
thenagainmaybeyouwouldpreferitsomethinglikethissmo osheduptogether
withnopunctuationoranythingnoparagraphsjustamasswa ll
ofunreadabletextwouldyoulikemetogoonlikethis?

Last edited by Rogie Vachon; 09-27-2011 at 04:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »