Home

Be A GM Community Wishlist

This is a discussion on Be A GM Community Wishlist within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 13 Be A GM Community Wishlist

Yea sorry I guess I forgot the focus of the Thread! LOL
Old 02-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

-For scouting i would like to see more of a nfl head coach 09 system
-For the budgets i would like to more of a income and expense look and customize your own prices and what you want to sell in your stadium
-Have proper award ceremonies and jersey retirements and a huge milestone presentations in from of home crowd plus have a milestone page
-Have realistic fan
-hiring current and former coaches and hiring current players as coaches when they retire
-I like the full ownership plus you could put in a bid to have an expansion team come to your city too
-also you could have rogers sportsnet do commentary
-Like in ncaa football have an interview with a potential player
-Have a much better draft days experience and the first 30 picks should be able to have there drafted player come up to the stage and try on the jersey
-Have a more in-depth coaching system
Old 02-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #35
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy2042
-For scouting i would like to see more of a nfl head coach 09 system
-For the budgets i would like to more of a income and expense look and customize your own prices and what you want to sell in your stadium
-Have proper award ceremonies and jersey retirements and a huge milestone presentations in from of home crowd plus have a milestone page
-Have realistic fan
-hiring current and former coaches and hiring current players as coaches when they retire
-I like the full ownership plus you could put in a bid to have an expansion team come to your city too
-also you could have rogers sportsnet do commentary
-Like in ncaa football have an interview with a potential player
-Have a much better draft days experience and the first 30 picks should be able to have there drafted player come up to the stage and try on the jersey
-Have a more in-depth coaching system
Can you describe the NFL Head Coach 09 scouting system? I never played it.

For budgets, check out numbers 9, 14, 20, and 40.

Award ceremonies and milestone recognition- added. #'s 46 and 47.

When you say "have realistic fans," I already think that the NHL series has some of the most realistic fans in the sports-gaming genre. Be thankful we don't have fans like the ones in Fifa and Madden.

Coaches- Updated #31.

About putting in a bid for an expansion team- if you are the owner, you already have an NHL franchise. You don't need an expansion team then.

Commentary is more of a gameplay improvement, not a BaGM one. I agree though that commentary needs work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #36
Rookie

having nhl comparisons for future players and scouting individuals and a better grading system for each attribute and have fans with better signs
have team needs and best players to draft
Old 02-16-2012, 10:11 PM   #37
Rookie

but have a separate menu for getting a an expansion franchise and have old logos or create new ones
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #38
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy2042
but have a separate menu for getting a an expansion franchise and have old logos or create new ones
This is be a gm not be an expansion owner
Old 02-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #39
Rookie

i know its be a GM just have another feature for people who wants a team in there town or city
Old 02-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cool Re: NHL 13 Be A GM Community Wishlist

Great list. This gets me excited to think about how great the potential for nhl 13 is. However, I don't have much faith in EA to even add three of these things to be a gm...

Some of my thoughts I have to add onto this huge list:

More interaction with players. For example if you have an aging player, they might tell you at the start of the year they are thinking about retirement. Or if you head into the trade deadline not looking good for a playoff spot that same player might say he will retire but wants to be traded to a contender.

Trade deadline and the weeks leading up to it need work. Other gms should label their teams as buyers, sellers, or neutral. As well the should say as buyers what hey are looking for: a top 6 forward, depth player, role player etc. sellers should dictate what commodities they are willing to move based on contracts, pending free agents. Teams should have a more sophisticated AI. Say a team like Colombus can recognize they need to rebuild so they will do business like a rebuilding team would. More willing to trade away a top rated player if the right offer comes along.

I would love for commentary to talk about history of your team from your years as the gm. For example you beat a team in the playoffs in 2012 then in 2013 you meet the team again in the first round. Sound bites like "here we go again, this rematch is shaping up to be more intense then last year when team a beat team b in 6 games. Team b has grown a lot since last year and aquired player a through free agency and player b via trade"
Even more bites that are relevant to that same playoff series. Say player a scores the game winner in game 2. Then in game 3 hey say "player a, the hero of game 2, will he he the hero again tonight". Even during the season "the last time these 2 teams played player a had 3 points in a Thrilling 4-3 overtime win"

Fix fighting...seriously. They don't even need to put much effort Ito it. Anyone else cringe every time you fight and all thep layers and coaches vanish?

Instead of just being able to hire/fire coaches, you should be able to hire lots of staff members to your team. Assistant coaches, individual scouts, goaltending coach, strength and conditioning coach etc. the head coach you want to hire may also want final say on any assistants you want to bring in or doesn't care.
When or if you get fired, you might be able to poach some staff from your former team.

Fix the owners expectations. Ok so you can win your division but didn't get 47 wins so your owner is dissapointed? really? It should be based on things such as playoffs or division titles. Or for teams that are building they will be more patient and will never have an expectation based solely on number of wins.

Players salary expectations should be based more on a actual stats they had the past few years then just their overall. For example, Take the average of player scored 40 points to determine market value of the player you need to resign that just scored 40 points in the past year. Of course include things such as potential, moral into the equation.

For free agent signings or player resignings, have the ability to make promises. Such as ice time, line mates, or the role they will be asked to play. If you break promises the players moral will go down.

I am reaching but also having the ability (even if it rarely will happen in the game) to have conditions attached to draft picks in trades. For example if you make the 3rd round of the playoffs, that 2nd rounder in your package for the player you aquired at the deadline turns into a 1st rounder.

I think that's all I can think of for now that is not already on this list.Dare to dream...

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »