Home

NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
So you're not very good at guessing games. Don't think they're expecting the excitement level to be very high right now, just the curiosity level.
I guess not. It's just that the videos (both of them) didn't "move" me, if you know what I mean. Not bashing or anything, just looking forward to the real info later.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #26
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4

I know this is mildly off topic, but why does EA think having an engine produce big hits all the time is entertaining? There's only 1 (maybe 2-5) big hits per game in the NHL, and that's what makes big hits exciting. If they happen every time I go up the ice, then it just becomes annoying and no longer a "big deal."
Denver Broncos
Old 05-17-2012, 01:21 AM   #27
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgopens66
I know this is mildly off topic, but why does EA think having an engine produce big hits all the time is entertaining? There's only 1 (maybe 2-5) big hits per game in the NHL, and that's what makes big hits exciting. If they happen every time I go up the ice, then it just becomes annoying and no longer a "big deal."
Well for offline at least, you can lower the hitting power and you'll see far less big hits. Second, it's an attempt to cater to those that aren't hockey fans. Lets face it, there two things people that don't normally like hockey are gonna be attracted to...big hits and fighting.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #28
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well for offline at least, you can lower the hitting power and you'll see far less big hits. Second, it's an attempt to cater to those that aren't hockey fans. Lets face it, there two things people that don't normally like hockey are gonna be attracted to...big hits and fighting.
thats correct, but both of those things need to be improved as well. lol.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #29
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
As a multiplayer game, EA NHL is a lot fun. The more human players you have on the ice, the better the game gets.

The problem is most people here play the single player modes over the multiplayer ones, and the single player experience in EA NHL just hasn't been very good this generation.
Actually,..even with it`s faults,this year`s game playing single player offline in modes like Season/Playoffs/BaP goalie ,..using my settings,I`m getting great game play and having lots of fun playing.
If a few things like passing,penalties,and a few other issues were taken care of the game play would be that much better.

These are things that could have been done with what is already there......for some reason EA just didn`t want the single player,offline being able to make the adjustments needed in areas like passing reception ease,penalties,etc....as these sliders don`t do very much at all for offline settings.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #30
Banned

Rogie Vachon's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
thats correct, but both of those things need to be improved as well. lol.
For hitting,....turn hitting assistance OFF, turn hitting power to 0 for both human and cpu

You can still get the big hit,....but the game plays much better.

Online,...to put it bluntly,you`re screwed.....because of the settings they use for online play,and as well because the online users who have every attribute available jacked to 99 or higher.

I`ll use an engine for an analogy.....yes,it might work at 10,000 rpm despite a 7500 redline,....but that redline is there for a reason.

By allowing 12 super human players on the ice all making their super human plays,.....all you can expect to get from that is arcade like cheesy or exploitable goals.

By staying at or under the redline you can tune the game and have headroom so that things don`t get out of hand.

Same concept is valuable knowledge in the music recording world.....even to use a Miles Davis concept,....sometimes less is more.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 15

i'd want EA Sports to Fix Every team with Standard
all though they are using Full Attack And High Pressure as Default Strategy
for the AI i dont quite know how the Dallas Stars and Detroit Red Wings
are using standard i notice the TOA is offly high

and it has tremdus indimitation effect

i also have this splitting feeling like if the sliders are only for human & Human CPU and not for CPU its self

i also had this feeling like everytime you turn off your game and xbox 360
and turn it back on again
cpu plays differently so i wonder if when they said everything is live
key phase plays great to start to finish so i did test i won like 3-4 games then loged off and turned it back on i lost all 5 games so now i was like 4-5 same goes for pauseing it i pause it for 2-3 mins and cpu scores like 3-4 goals and wins game 3-4

Last edited by BlackXEyes; 05-17-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1
I hope its actually geared to sim and not as arcadey online as it has been in the past.

Hope not get another "warning" now after sharing that thought.

Said that before about EA games and a mod sent me a warning message basically saying I should not say that since EA has not made a game in the last 5 years. Wow. Where did that come from? Not sure if mod is aware of the other EA sports games like NFL and NHL that have been coming out every year for last what 20 years?

Hope the mod sends something back so I know what he was talking about. Like to understand what he was trying to say, so I not do it again. Kinda left me scratching my head there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »