Home

NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2

This is a discussion on NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2 within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2012, 10:55 PM   #33
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NHL 13 Teaser - The Next Gameplay Revolution is Coming: Part 2

Well I guess the basic Feature set goes up on the EA website tomorrow
Old 05-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #34
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well I guess the basic Feature set goes up on the EA website tomorrow
plus another video, right?
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 05-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #35
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Unless Be A GM gets some major love and refinements, NHL13 is a skip for me, regardless of the in-game improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2012, 01:26 AM   #36
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoie2006
Well, there are ALOT of diehard hockey fans here.There are aspects of the game that have gotten way stale over the years. The largely the same Presentation and commentary. The boring Offensive Cpu AI. The lack of capable AI defensemen. The unrealistic skating. Yes, the game is fun at first, but as is, it gets old quicker than it did back when NHL 10 came out.

I commend the development team for adding all the small things they have added to the game over the years. This year though, major changes are gonna be needed in order to keep people interested. You can only do so many years of small changes.
Solid post imo, Savoie.

If memory serves, yeah...it was about just after NHL '10' that the attitude towards the game started to darken a bit for a number of us here. Up to '10'...things overall where quite positive on our board. But since...not nearly as much for quite a few. Or so it seems anyway.

Also agree that the small upgrades to the gameplay have been welcome the last few years. But yep...for '13' it'd sure be nice to see the game get a real nice kick in the pants. For the series to regain some of it's lost momentum.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:24 AM   #37
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Solid post imo, Savoie.

If memory serves, yeah...it was about just after NHL '10' that the attitude towards the game started to darken a bit for a number of us here. Up to '10'...things overall where quite positive on our board. But since...not nearly as much for quite a few. Or so it seems anyway.

Also agree that the small upgrades to the gameplay have been welcome the last few years. But yep...for '13' it'd sure be nice to see the game get a real nice kick in the pants. For the series to regain some of it's lost momentum.
Thanks and I think the EA team realized it was time to bring something big to the table again. Now it's just a matter of how well it's implemented.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Solid post imo, Savoie.

A little of it is justified, they have rattled on about AI before and that hasn't panned out really, and I don't remember any of the hardcore folks asking for HUT or Legends. I do agree though. NHL 10 was about the time where the vocal minority started getting impatient on larger improvements, rather than bones thrown to new modes that make EA money post release and are mainly online.

Hopefully it's legit in regards to the AI stuff, as a long time OS'er who has generally sided with the dev team the last few years, even I was starting to get impatient with where the state of the AI was for the offline game and the skating. Create a Play is nice but it only goes so far.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #39
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

With these hopefully "major" changes I will be glad to just play a game that is fresh and unique. I fully expect there to be flaws with the new major additions to the game because not everything is going to work the way it's supposed to right away, but at least it will be something new. I just need a new feeling to this game. It is so stale, predictable, and flat out boring. For the first time ever with a sports game a demo may actually be a determining factor on whether I get the game or not just because the NHL team has always said they've done things with the AI and such, but nothing has dramatically changed. I need to actually play it for myself in order to actually see the changes are there. I just can't shell out another 60 dollars on a game that really hasn't changed all that much.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 05-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #40
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
A little of it is justified, they have rattled on about AI before and that hasn't panned out really, and I don't remember any of the hardcore folks asking for HUT or Legends. I do agree though. NHL 10 was about the time where the vocal minority started getting impatient on larger improvements, rather than bones thrown to new modes that make EA money post release and are mainly online.

Hopefully it's legit in regards to the AI stuff, as a long time OS'er who has generally sided with the dev team the last few years, even I was starting to get impatient with where the state of the AI was for the offline game and the skating. Create a Play is nice but it only goes so far.
Yep Real...I think we're on similar lines here. [pardon the pun]

I like to think I too have been pretty positive towards the game the last few years as well. And have gotten a lot of enjoyment outta playing NHL. But I'm guessing that maybe like yourself...I'm going to now be pretty disappointed if '13' plays/feels a whole lot too much like 10, 11, 12.

I'll buy, and most likely play the heck out of the coming game. But man...imo, it is time for the game to deliver a different hockey gaming experience. Or at least the option to have that, through setting adjustments for off-line play. So far, it does at least sound like that hopefully is on it's way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »