Home

OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #25
MVP

Cletus's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: OS Roundtable: NHL 14 Demo Impressions

The problem with EASHL is what you define as a good team? Is it teams that hold down the pass button waiting for the puck to float through skates, sticks and men for a one timer? If you play a solid game of hockey you should have a close game no matter the ratings. I've played against some solid players and solid teams, but all the teams with good records that are elite were cheesy.
They just held down the pass button or did the behind the back curl with the stick and waited for a guy to get in prime position for a one timer. That's when the game gets boring for me. You can't stop it 100% of the time and it's rewarded so much that it's the only tactic you need. I ran a team with a bad record and we beat 2bc productions team thanks to our AI goalie. I would call it cheap except all they did was short side one timers. I bet they took 25 shots, with 23 of them being short side.

I'm not sure the devs can do anything about that, except make attributes mean something. You can't even get a straight answer on what the attributes do or if they matter. Guys that have played EASHL hardcore since it came out have no idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »