Home

Penalties Penalties Penalties....why are there still no penalties

This is a discussion on Penalties Penalties Penalties....why are there still no penalties within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Penalties Penalties Penalties....why are there still no penalties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Got to agree with the opening poster with regard to the lack of cpu penalties...see this thread that was started with the season ticket release:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...penalties.html

The lack of cpu penalties does detract from the cpu v cpu experience and I hope EA look at this via a tuner like they eventually did last year.
EA doesn't program realistic penalties into ANY of its games. Madden and FIFA also have hardly any penalties. I doubt the rebooted NBA Live will have many fouls, either.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25

While I see penalties, it's not realistic or consistent. ANYONE can/will level ANYBODY.... That's just silly

As far as penalties go. If EA could completely remove them they would. The majority if the RA audience doesn't want penalties. The minority US wants them. We make up maybe 5% of their audience.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
While I see penalties, it's not realistic or consistent. ANYONE can/will level ANYBODY.... That's just silly

As far as penalties go. If EA could completely remove them they would. The majority if the RA audience doesn't want penalties. The minority US wants them. We make up maybe 5% of their audience.
That is why they have a slider, a few sliders regarding penalties. So it can be toggled to a players preference, only they do not work well, have never worked well. I believe now, that they cannot fix this issue with this current game engine.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #20
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Protecting the puck and using the right stick to move the puck to a position where your body shoilds it leads to a good amont of tripping calls even against the CPU
Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #21
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
While I don't understand the fun if watching CPU vs cpu, one thing you have wrong is maxing the attribute slider. That makes the players closer together... .

Setting it to 3 means ratings aren't skewed up or down.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
H'mmmm, the slider is called attribute effects and the description says that it is the "effects attributes will have on players" - therefore maxing it out means that attributes will play a greater part in how a player/AI plays - as I and others read that it's not making the playing field even as you suggest.

Regardless, the lack of penalties is still an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ninjoid is correct. By maxing out the Attribute Effects slider, it's creating a BIGGER difference between players but I just wish it had even MORE of an affect.

I make sure to turn fatigue effect all the way up for both me and CPU, then I turn the CPU 'Fatigue Recovery' at 1 and mine at 2.

This causes the CPU to counter being beat SLIGHTLY by being forced to trip you and make more mistakes.

I get plenty of penalties, anyone complaining just needs to find their balance compared to how they play the game. Sliders are only effective on the user playing and each user is completely different.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
H'mmmm, the slider is called attribute effects and the description says that it is the "effects attributes will have on players" - therefore maxing it out means that attributes will play a greater part in how a player/AI plays - as I and others read that it's not making the playing field even as you suggest.

Regardless, the lack of penalties is still an issue.
I remember this debate from NHL 13. From what I remember, and my old @** could be forgetting a lot now...but...what I remember is that yes, it does create more separation, but it also makes the 75 rated players a lot better as well. Leaving it at 3 is basically letting the players rating determine the game, not some additional "CPU boosting" slider. I still have NHL 13 and had great CPU vs CPU sliders...and remember this attribute debate. I'll have to look and see what I had mine set as.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:48 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
Protecting the puck and using the right stick to move the puck to a position where your body shoilds it leads to a good amont of tripping calls even against the CPU
That's been my experience so far as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »