Home

NHL 14 Roster Tools

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Roster Tools within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #17
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NHL 14 Roster Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie_G_93
Well DPyro i can tell you your db packer tool worked for xbox.
I was able to extract the db and view it in the editor.
TY sir.
Haven't really tried editing yet was just poking around.
I only see 3 tabs in the editor:
Teams,players,arenas.
is that how it is?
There really are many more tabs than that, but they havnt been labeled yet so that the community can understand them. The xml just has the ones we know for sure.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
Rookie

Fuzzface93's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaballa
Just wanna say that a roster file is not the only thing that the DB editor can open. For NCAA/Madden it can be a tuner, dynasty (BAGM, BAP, BAL, GMC), profile (Lots of goodies here, sounds, hidden sliders), HUT, and probably some hockey card stuff. And each one is a different xml with different headers. I encourage people to check these out on top of figuring out the roster xml.
Is there anything that would boost penalties?

Penalties?

EA Sports -- It Might Not Even Be In The Game..
Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman5150
I opened HexEdit and deleted the top all the data starting from offset 00-2b then saved the file. I am still having issues getting offzip to extract the data from the file once it is decrypted and the header has been removed, using offset.exe -a input folderoutput 0. Gettying multiple small .dat files (100 KB max).
For NHL13 you don't need to use offzip as the data is not packed. Just edit the SYS-DATA so that it starts with DB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Still curious if anyone whose been successful in getting this all to work has seen if we can swap generic faces for existing players.
If you can figure out what the number is for the face and field code you should be able to edit it.

Last edited by DPyro; 10-01-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #20
Pro

This is turning me into an impatient kid on Christmas. I just need to figure out how to get my roster open in the editor and start making some changes and I'll feel extremely satisfied. I literally haven't played a game outside of testing my edits in Play Now.

I've edited Anaheim through Columbus successfully so far, including creating missing prospects for those teams and working on their AHL affiliates and prospects. Editing in game just takes SO long.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #21
Rookie

bellaballa's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzface93
Is there anything that would boost penalties?
Well I'll put it this way...If EA has the ability to "Boost" penalties, then so do we. Because the db file is what they work with, so anything that they have the ability to edit (even if some people think ea doesnt know how their own files work) we now have the ability to edit. Its just a matter of figuring out which header corresponds to what in game. I know for NCAA/Madden there are things in the db file that we can edit that we as users dont have the power to on the console. Plus the console menus are so slow. Things that would take months to edit on the console can take as little as 5 mins to do on the editor. Namely mass editing, filtering, and sorting.

Edit: I will also add that there are things in the db that are "off" or "zero'd-out" by default that we would have the ability of "turning on". Penalties may very well be one of those things.

Last edited by bellaballa; 10-01-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #22
Rookie

Dpyro- Thank you for the help. I had to create my own config using the SYS-DATA file and the open it up under that Config in the EA editor. Now I just need to figure what all of the tabs and items are since they are not identicle to your NHL14 config (I tried that first but it wouldn't work. Could you give me a fairly decent instruction set on how to repack the roster edit once I make the changes, so it will work on the PS3. I have the Brute force and HexEdit so I think I could work through it with some assitance. Once again THANK YOU!!

From DPryo "To expand on that, after editing you'll need to re-add the header and calc the BZIP2 + CRC32 hash."

How exactly do I do this. The header I think I can figure out by using the old heared- Copy and paste, but what about the rest of it???

Last edited by Mysteryman5150; 10-01-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #23
Pro

Dougie_G_93's Arena

So do we know what else is in a roster file? other than the db file we extract?
Just curious....
Old 10-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #24
Pro

I keep checking this thread hoping someone will have figured out an idiot proof way to do all of this stuff. I've probably checked Artem's site for an update 6 times in the last three days, even though it says to pay attention in the coming weeks for an update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »