Home

NHL 14 Roster Tools

This is a discussion on NHL 14 Roster Tools within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2015, 07:10 PM   #681
Rookie

simalexander's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 14 Roster Tools

So as of right now there is no way to edit NHL 15 GM mode files is that right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 03:17 PM   #682
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingdp
Hey guys, hopefully this is a dumb question.

I am using NHL 15 (XBox360), I am extracting the ROSTER files through Horizon, and trying to convert those raw roster files into .DB form through the NHL DB Patcher v1.10 so I can edit them in the EA DB Editor & convert them back.

I try to extract the raw roster file into a .DB roster file using "Xbox 360 - NHL 14 - Roster" options in the NHL DB Patcher. I can select the raw roster file that I want to edit, and I can even name the .DB file into "ROSTER1.DB".

Here's the problem: The program appears to be running the conversion successfully. It ends, and the ROSTER1.DB file that I was trying to create is gone. The ROSTER1.DB file doesn't show up at all. It looks like it's going through the proper steps to create the ROSTER1.DB file, it even says "Successful", yet the ROSTER1.DB file is nowhere to be found. It's almost as if it never actually generated the .DB file in the first place.

What makes this strange is the fact that this particular problem JUST started occuring for me the other day. I never had any problems what-so-ever. Am I being too vague in the description of my problem? Can anyone help me out?Thanks in advance.
Hey everyone, I am still having this issue when trying to convert my NHL 2015 roster file into the .DB form to view through the EA Database Editor. Reading my earlier post from above should describe the issue that I am having, but I have found out a little bit more information.

When the EA DB Program is converting the roster file into the .DB file, an error occurs.

-z lib Z_DATA_ERROR. the data in the file is not in the zip format or uses a different windowsBits value (-z). Try to use -z -15

Instead of making a .DB file that I can edit in the EA Database Editor, it creates three files:

0000d030.dat
00001ada.dat
00005ada.dat

I assume that these 3 files are created during the conversion process, then compiled\converted into a usable .DB file. I believe that somewhere in that conversion process lies my problem. I have tried to run the NHL DB Conversion file "As Administrator" but it doesn't matter. I've tried to extract the files with two versions of Modio & Horizon, but it doesn't matter. I am running Windows 7 64 bit, and I don't know if that may factor into this equation, but any direction on where to go next would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #683
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

which Save are you extracting?

when you open the save in Horizon, do you go to contents and extract that file?

or do you just extract the Main Save file?
Old 04-06-2015, 07:41 PM   #684
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simalexander
So as of right now there is no way to edit NHL 15 GM mode files is that right?
Nevermind, that method doesn't work.

Last edited by mat1050able; 04-08-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 08:59 PM   #685
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat1050able
Well, I was able to use the patcher and editor to edit my LTL save for NHl 15. I'm not sure if it'll work for GM though.
MAKE A COPY OF YOUR SAVE BEFORE EVERYTHING ELSE!!! I am not responsible for lost save data!!
1. I copied my NHL 15 save from ps3.
2. I changed the name of the NHL 15 save to the region code of NHL 14, so I changed it from "BLUS314360500"(NHL 15) to "BLUS311790101"(NHL 14).
http://puu.sh/h4b1z/70f80423c3.png
3. Next you want to do the same thing, but to the file in the NHL 15 called 'PARAM.SFO', use Bruteforce Savedata to change it. http://puu.sh/h4bb7/dc8222f9c3.png
4. Double-click on the 'PARAM.SFO in the left corner and it should bring up something like this, http://puu.sh/h4bgw/0620f76f91.png.
5. Mine was already changed to "BLUS311790101." So you're going to want to do the same thing, so like in step one change "BLUS314360500" to "BLUS311790101", then just hit save in the program and it should bring up something like this http://puu.sh/h4bou/7b4a249bf5.png , hit save again, then hit YES if it pops up.
6. Now all you have to is use the patcher, get your .db file and use the editor. Select "NHL 14" then extract database, like this http://puu.sh/h4cd6/9e9424e181.png.
7. Download and use this xml file: https://mega.co.nz/#!DZICXY5I!7fYpfy...ug_x7z0jO5O1wk
8. Now edit up whatever you need.
9. Patch the roster using the DB Patcher, select NHL 14, patch database.
10. Now in the step 1-4, do everything again, but change the 'PARAM.SFO' file from "BLUS311790101" back to "BLUS314360500".
11. Use Bruteforce to encrypt your save back. Then change you save folder name back from "BLUS311790101" to "BLUS314360500".
12. Copy your save back to the ps3 and you should be done!

Nevermind, still got data corrupt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2015, 08:41 PM   #686
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
which Save are you extracting?

when you open the save in Horizon, do you go to contents and extract that file?

or do you just extract the Main Save file?
Okay, I did some re-testing on my issue and tried to use three different extraction programs. I think the fact that I keep trying to use Modio 3.0 instead of other, newer program is what my original complaint is about, but I'll explain my woes with each program. Maybe someone can help me with atleast ONE of these issues and I can edit my NHL 2015 saves in peace.

I guess I should first mention, this is on XBox 360. I should also mention that I had ZERO issues editting NHL 2014 games at all. While I'm doing more mentioning, I *AM* trying all of these methods while running the programs "As an administrator".

Horizon - I can now successfully extract the file (in this current case, the file is named ROSTER 20150405142514). I open up the NHL DB Patcher, and successfully convert the file into a new file called ROSTER1 DB that I can open & edit in the EA DB Editor. I save my changes, and can successfully re-path\convert my ROSTER1 DB file back into ROSTER 20150405142514. I check to make sure that the file size is correct when I insert the new file (2.24 MB in this case, file size never changes), and I hit the "Save, Rehash & Resign" tab, which then displays a message that it was successful. When I close the file tab, the Device Explorer now displays a file size of 4.42 MB, which makes the save corrupt. Even when I re-open the file through the Device Explorer & re-check the file size of the actual ROSTER 20150405142514 file, it correctly displays the file size as 2.24 MB. This problem drove me nuts, and away from Horizon when trying to edit NHL 15.

Modio 5.25 - When I try to open any NHL 15 save in Modio, a screen with a giant red X appears under the "General" tab with the error message "Invalid Game ID". If I hit "Continue" to progress through the error message, I can still "Edit Package Contents" under the Advanced tab & extract the file from the save successfully. I can also convert, edit, and re-convert the file using the same method as I described above with using Horizon. I can also supposedly re-insert the new, editted file back into the package contents. The only problem is, the only way I've ever been able to save any changes to the USB was under the General tab at the bottom where it should say "Save to E0000041D841455C on USB Stick". That button isn't there under the General tab when I try to open a save for NHL 2015. It just has a box with a big red X. This problem drives me nuts. I've also tried various "backdoor" methods of saving to the USB stick, but the file either ends up corrupt when I look at it on my USB stick, or the edits never actually save to the file when I copy the files back onto my hard drive & open the supposedly editted roster file.

Modio 3.0 - For some reason, the NHL DB Patcher won't convert the ROSTER 20150405142514 file correctly when extracted through Modio 3.0. The file size listed in the Device Explorer correctly displays the 2.24 MB file size when I extract the file. When the file is extracted through Modio 3.0, the NHL DB Patcher does not correctly extract the file. I've even tried successfully extracting the file through Modio 5.25, doing my converting\editting\re-converting the ROSTER 20150405142514 file, and inserting that file into the Device Explorer, but the file size only shows up as 2.15 MB.

I'm basically about to give up. Lol. If anyone has an idea on why NHL 2015 is basically the same exact game as NHL 2014, but giving me 1,000,000 more problems editting roster & GM files, please let me know? Thank you.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:55 PM   #687
Rookie

And I just realized something about NHL 2015 game saves while messing around with Horizon. When opening the Device Explorer, under the Games part, NHL 2015 has a "Title ID" listed as 454109DC. When you double click on your roster game save, the "Title ID" is listed at 00000000. I opened up a few different games, such as a Madden 15 save, and sure enough, the "Title ID" of the game matches the "Title ID" of the individual game save. Is there a way to edit the "Title ID" of the individual game saves? This might be a work around for a frustrating problem with this game.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:40 AM   #688
Pro

emericaridr11's Arena

OVR: 9

here are my steps when I had PC on my Mac (I dont anymore or I would make you a video)

Im guessing your extracting the wrong file (you want contents file not main file).... OR you are not using your original save when you try to replace the Original file with the Edited file (which would make your IDs be zeros I do believe).... shrugs

but give these a go

1. put save onto usb.... from YOUR xbox

2. open save with Horizon

3. go to "contents"...right click, "extract"

4. extract to a folder called "Edited"

5. use DB Patcher to make DB File of the Edited File, edit and save with Tools

6. open Horizon with the Original un-edited save (or maybe you still have it open)

7. go back to "contents", right click and replace with the "Edited" folder Save

8. Save Resign

I just did it this way the other day on my Pops PC, with Xbox360 NHL 15... and had zero problems

however a while ago I did have to use Usbxtaf Explorer to get it to work
like this:

1. Put onto USB.. from YOUR xbox

2. open usbxtaf and select usb device from top menu bar

3. click the drop downs until you find your Game Save

4. right click "Extract" to a folder called "Original"

5. Open this save with Horizon, go to "Contents" and "Extract" to a folder called "Edited"

6. make DB file with the Edited File and edit with tools... save

7. open the "Original" file with Horizon, go to "Contents" and "replace" it with the "Edited" file

8. Save Resign

I havent had any problems editing NHL 15 Rosters

Last edited by emericaridr11; 04-09-2015 at 01:50 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »