Home

Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos?

This is a discussion on Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:29 PM   #33
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Because of history? That and I actually have an interest in the industry itself beyond sports games. They have been doing this "blog style" type of leaking information slowly leading up to release for a while now, or has no one noticed til just this year?
Sorry i forgot you have an extreme intimate knowledge how the industry works and everyone else is just entitled
Golden State Warriors
Old 07-31-2014, 05:31 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsharks
Sorry i forgot you have an extreme intimate knowledge how the industry works and everyone else is just entitled
That isn't at all what I said or implied. All one needs to do is pay attention to how NHL has been marketed the last 3+ years to see it's the same. No intimate knowledge needed. Nice strawman though.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:41 PM   #35
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

Quote:
That isn't at all what I said or implied. All one needs to do is pay attention to how NHL has been marketed the last 3+ years to see it's the same. No intimate knowledge needed. Nice strawman though.
You built the strawman yourself running around defending ea on every front and making claims of things as if you worked there. You call everyone entitled in what seems like every other post. I understand the slow leak of blog information, Im just wondering the logic of waiting until madden is released? you seem to be hip to the way everything works so maybe you could shed some light.
Golden State Warriors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
You built the strawman yourself running around defending ea on every front and making claims of things as if you worked there. You call everyone entitled in what seems like every other post. I understand the slow leak of blog information, Im just wondering the logic of waiting until madden is released? you seem to be hip to the way everything works so maybe you could shed some light.
The logic is Madden ships first, so the bulk of pushing out videos of gameplay and marketing is going to go to that title. That's just common sense that the PR/Marketing dept would be focused on their flagship sports title that ships in 2 weeks no?
Old 07-31-2014, 05:56 PM   #37
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

Quote:
The logic is Madden ships first, so the bulk of pushing out videos of gameplay and marketing is going to go to that title. That's just common sense that the PR/Marketing dept would be focused on their flagship sports title that ships in 2 weeks no?
Yes madden comes out first, we've established that, its a bigger franchise, also established, honestly how hard would it be to release gameplay footage in one of their blogs? I get the strategy of slow trickle of information but you act as if they arent marketing nhl at all because of madden when they are actually marketing the crap of out this game, i mean did you not see the nhl awards? Im not even blaming the nhl team because i know this is probably out of their hands. Dont tell me the bulk of pushing out videos is going towards madden when nhl is marketing their game just no gameplay for some reason
Golden State Warriors
Old 07-31-2014, 06:08 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Yes madden comes out first, we've established that, its a bigger franchise, also established, honestly how hard would it be to release gameplay footage in one of their blogs? I get the strategy of slow trickle of information but you act as if they arent marketing nhl at all because of madden when they are actually marketing the crap of out this game, i mean did you not see the nhl awards? Im not even blaming the nhl team because i know this is probably out of their hands. Dont tell me the bulk of pushing out videos is going towards madden when nhl is marketing their game just no gameplay for some reason
It wouldn't be hard you're right, I'd like to see 5 on 5 gameplay on superstar with tweaked sliders just as much as anyone else. But the dev team doesn't control the marketing. That's just how it works these days. And it really isn't just EA. I'm not even disagreeing with you honestly. But that's the nature of industry PR.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:15 PM   #39
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Old 07-31-2014, 11:25 PM   #40
Rookie

meep316's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Right.. rather than post nothing but negative for 2 months a year then disappear for the rest only to come back right around next years release and start the process again.

You're not going to buy the game anyway so why do nothing but complain about how terrible is it? I don't get the whole thought process there.
If nobody complains and everyone acts like it's the good ship lollipop, it will never improve. The only thing we can do is complain, and not buy the game, which I didn't last year. That's the only way we are going to get an actual real playable, acceptable hockey video game, which I'm dying for.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »