Home

Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos?

This is a discussion on Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #49
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucksss
Since 2K is not producing NHL, hope that Treyarch will produce another Hockey game. I think they sold their program to 2K so I dont know if they can still produce or if they still exist. But yea, we need another company that will be serious in producing this game and have the pride in working/designing the game.
Treyarch makes Call of Duty now, and have for quite a few years. I think (not 100% sure) that's all they do now, and they're owned by Activision so that will never happen, unfortunately. I do echo the sentiment though, it'd be nice just to see something put a little pressure on EA's series.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:55 AM   #50
All Star

OVR: 0

I'm not as well schooled on the EA NHL game as others in this thread because I haven't played it in years but my guess is..

• Hockey games probably don't sell a ton of copies and they have a limited number of developers working on it. Even MLB the Show which sells decent numbers didn't have much in gameplay prior to release. Most of the gameplay prior to release was from users who got the game early and streamed it on their own.

• Addition of the ps4 means more code to be written, more bugs to fix and I suspect they are trying hard to get a relatively clean game on the shelf by the release date.

Question since I haven't played a hockey game in years - what changes are users looking for in gameplay?
Old 08-07-2014, 09:56 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 1

i think EA is hiding their hunchback in a clocktower. They know that their game has been plagued by bugs and glitch shots and since this is next gen or now current gen, they need to step up their game. Maybe they havent and thats why they refuse to show gameplay because all the die hards will tear their game apart and pass on another nhl 13.5 game. They have the makings for another nba live 14 this year i can tell from a few leaked gameplay videos.

Last edited by socalbeast08; 08-07-2014 at 09:58 PM. Reason: dont worry about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #52
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbeast08
i think EA is hiding their hunchback in a clocktower. They know that their game has been plagued by bugs and glitch shots and since this is next gen or now current gen, they need to step up their game. Maybe they havent and thats why they refuse to show gameplay because all the die hards will tear their game apart and pass on another nhl 13.5 game. They have the makings for another nba live 14 this year i can tell from a few leaked gameplay videos.
They're going do that anyway.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #53
Rookie

Re: Release date is soon, where are the gameplay videos?be

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 eighty 5
Unless it looks like NHL07 or NBA Live 14 I agree with y'all wanting to see some gameplay.

The argument to focus marketing attention on Madden seems a bit odd to me. They are two totally different sports. Don't EA also release a college football game? That to me is the direct competition to the Madden product not NHL.

(I have no idea when the NCAA title releases as we never get it in Australia but for the record Madden is popular here all the year through whereas NHL disappears from shelves after a few months. If you don't get a copy of NHL brand new while you can you will miss out. Even 2nd hand copies are almost impossible to find because people rarely trade in the latest copy of NHL but you can get used copies of the latest Madden often enough. If anything NHL needs to spin up its marketing because despite its flaws people enjoy the NHL product)
Ncaa football is a goner after the lawsuits about using player likenesses killed it. Only madden is being made now.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad4
With 3 sports titles releasing within a month (Madden, FIFA, NHL), this has always been a problem for EA. They don't want any of the titles stepping on each others toes.

NHL will always suffer because it is the last of the 3 titles to be released. You'll probably see much more info and videos once Madden is released. EA will focus on Madden (for now), because it will be their first title on the shelves.
Nhl actually comes out before fifa
Old 08-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 2

I have also paid attention to my EA NHL history and can tell you to expect very little and you will not be disappointed. Without 2Ksports (Kuch, VC, Sega - whatever) they have no incentive to improve the game. The final gameplay is going to look just like the E3 leaked footage. Bank on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #56
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

What is the point?

Nearly everyone on here KNOWS what the game is going to be before even seeing or playing it.

Why do you guys need videos when you already know it is going to be the same game as last year?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »