Home

NHL 15 - How's your GM Mode going?

This is a discussion on NHL 15 - How's your GM Mode going? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 12-25-2014, 03:29 PM   #81
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 - How's your GM Mode going?

So what will I do with the Canadiens after narrowly missing the playoffs? Is it a tank year coming up? Get young, build up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #82
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

New series!! Support appreciated!
Old 12-28-2014, 07:50 PM   #83
Rookie

YakCityGaming's Arena

We get going into the KIngs simulation GM!
Old 01-01-2015, 12:41 PM   #84
Pro

OVR: 3

Just wondering if anyone is playing this game with updated prospects, like the players in the World Juniors, Eichel, Matthews, Hanifin, and others, especially college players?

I don't want to create a new thread, but moajority of the roster files I am seeing in that section are saying NHL 14, and not sure if they are for 15 or just keep up****** the 2014 game?

I'm on PS3, and just wondering if anyone is playing a BeAGM mode with the updated prospects?
Old 01-01-2015, 02:57 PM   #85
Rookie

TheKid40's Arena

Eichel and Hanifin won't be in the game until next year sadly. As with all of the college players, unless you create them yourselves. EA doesn't have the rights to NCAA or something like that. Same reason why Dylan Larkin isn't in the game. Such a bummer. The only way you will see these NCAA Players in the NHL is only when they play a few games with their NHL team that drafts them. Heck, Andrei Vasilevski still isn't in the game yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2015, 03:12 PM   #86
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid40
Eichel and Hanifin won't be in the game until next year sadly. As with all of the college players, unless you create them yourselves. EA doesn't have the rights to NCAA or something like that. Same reason why Dylan Larkin isn't in the game. Such a bummer. The only way you will see these NCAA Players in the NHL is only when they play a few games with their NHL team that drafts them. Heck, Andrei Vasilevski still isn't in the game yet.

Yea I guess it would be similiar to football. Are the NCAA players the only players that aren't in the game? Is there a list of them? I see Auston Matthews isn't in the game either unless I am just missing them?

Watching the World Juniors and trying to get everyone (that matters really) into thegame as a prospect. Do you know if there is a thread around here anywhere that says who all the prospects are that are missing in the game and would need to be created if I wanted to do that? The majority of the threads I am seeing are related to NHL 14, so I am assuming that is just last years version updated?

Or would I be safe basically just going with all NCAA players (and Matthews) and assume everyone else is in the game?
Old 01-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #87
MVP

bhrangerfan0809's Arena

OVR: 2

(actually NHL 14, but with updated rosters)

2016-2017 Buffalo Sabres

Cody Hodgson (82) - Connor McDavid (87) - Jesse Puljujärvi (85)
Matt Moulson (82) - Tyler Ennis (86) - Jack Eichel (86)
Joel Armia (79) - Sam Reinhart (84) - Chris Stewart (80)
Marcus Foligno (78) - Zemgus Girgensons (83) - Devonte Smith-Pelly (77)

Noah Hanifin (84) - Tyler Myers (92)
Chad Ruhwedel (84) - Rasmus Ristolainen (84)
Nikita Zadorov (80) - Mark Pysyk (77)

Andrei Vasilevskiy (84)
Michal Neuvirth (84)

We may still be a few years away from contention, but the center depth and D-core are phenomenal. We also have Andrei Vasilevskiy developing into a world-class netminder, but he still needs a few more years. We just finished a 40-win season (2015-16) and are looking to improve. We have no less than three players with 5.0 Green potential (McDavid, Eichel, and Puljujärvi) and five players with 5.0 Yellow potential (Hanifin, Myers, Ristolainen, Vasilevskiy, and Reinhart). This will be a scary team to face in about 3-4 years time.

Last edited by bhrangerfan0809; 01-10-2015 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #88
Just started!

Out of curiosity, what are the best trades you guys have made in your career modes?

For me, I just finished my second year in Nashville. The previous year, I tried to make the playoffs by signing Joni Pitkanen and Ian White to help out with our bottom 6. However we were a consistent .500 team, so I traded away Mike Fisher, Mike Ribiero, Pitkanen, and White for a punch of current and future picks, as well as Anthony Mantha since Detroit wanted to trade him. However this year I got the message that we needed to win 43 games and make the playoffs. So I managed to pull off two blockbuster trades.

About a quarter of the way through the second season, San Jose put both Big Bad Joe Thorton and Patrick Marleau on the trade block (made sense because their record was terrible). So I packaged up a current 1st, future 2nd, backup goalie (to help with the cap), and Daniel Sprong. The trade helped our offense, but we were still out of a playoff spot since my division had 6 of the best teams in hockey. Even in 6th place, I had more points that all but 3 other teams. On deadline day, I noticed that Carolina placed Eric Staal on the block because his contract was set to expire. So I picked him up in exchange for a future 1st, current 2nd, Brendan Leipsic (C) and Justin Kirkland (LW).

Those two trades let us not only finish 5th in the NHL with 101 points, we finished the season with the 2nd best offense, 5th best defense, the number one powerplay and a top 10 penalty kill. Even though I gave up a lot to get these guys, I felt that those trades were actually quite realistic.

Here are the lines going into the playoffs

1st Line:
LW: Patrick Marleau (89) C: Eric Staal (89) RW: James Neal (88)
2nd Line:
LW: Colin Wilson (84) C: Craig Smith (86) RW: Filip Forsberg (84)
3rd Line:
LW: Gabirel Bourqe (84) C: Antoine Vermette (83) RW: Anthony Mantha (80)
4th Line:
LW: Matt Belesky (81) C: Paul Gaustad (83) RW: Eric Fehr (82)

1st D-Line:
LD: Roman Josi (86) RD: Shea Weber (93)
2nd D-Line:
LD: Seth Jones (85) RD: Ryan Ellis (85)
3rd D-Line:
LD: Adam McQuiad (81) RD: Mark Stuart (82)

G: Pekka Rinne (90)
BG: Magnus Hellberg (81)

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »