Home

1997 Rosters on PS4 Wow !

This is a discussion on 1997 Rosters on PS4 Wow ! within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2022, 04:59 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 1997 Rosters on PS4 Wow !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basko34
Is there a version to use in Franchise Mode?
It's not optimized for franchise mode but I think the only thing that would need to be fixed is the player ages. If you make all created players born 1971 or earlier they will automatically be 26 or 27 in franchise mode. I think most players already are but some might not be. If they have their real birth year and it's after 1971 they will be like 46 or whatever and retire after the first season. Ofc everyone being 27 is not accurate but it's playable IMO. Otherwise you'd have to recreate all the alumni players to give them their real age too, so that would take a lot of extra work.

All alumni players also automatically turn 27 in season/franchise, regardless of their real age.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:49 PM   #10
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale97
1996-97

Btw, I uploaded a final version called "Ninety-seven V Three", so I recommend using that one. I removed NHL affiliation for duplicate alumni players and modern day players so they won't show up in season mode. Also added Ottawa created team, Coyotes green 3rd jersey (even though they didn't use that one until 98 but hey why not) and also added some 3rd goalies. Oh and I also made six generic teams with the generic NHL logo/EA logo, filled them with ECHL players, called them Atlantic, Metropolitan, Pacific etc, the division names plus two more. I recommend using these six teams to fill out the 32 spots in season mode.

I'd say the roster is now optimized for a full 1996-97 season mode. I just started mine, it's absolutley awesome
Awesome job thanks and just to add to what Whale 97 said make sure you turn off retired jersey option to avoid jersey #s changing . Speaking of that if you try to take these into a playoff mode the numbers will change so I'm working on a new playoff version so I can play through the real 97 playoffs. A question as I dont play season mode can you move teams to different divisions ? I liked realism and Colo vs Det for the Coupe wouldn't do it for me. Tell Attick47 awesome job I'll be playing this forever !
Old 01-05-2022, 10:34 PM   #11
Rookie

Icon14 Re: 1997 Rosters on PS4 Wow !

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Awesome job thanks and just to add to what Whale 97 said make sure you turn off retired jersey option to avoid jersey #s changing . Speaking of that if you try to take these into a playoff mode the numbers will change so I'm working on a new playoff version so I can play through the real 97 playoffs. A question as I dont play season mode can you move teams to different divisions ? I liked realism and Colo vs Det for the Coupe wouldn't do it for me. Tell Attick47 awesome job I'll be playing this forever !
Yes you can recreate the 97 divisions as they were

Good initiative doing a playoff version
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2022, 02:30 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
It's not optimized for franchise mode but I think the only thing that would need to be fixed is the player ages. If you make all created players born 1971 or earlier they will automatically be 26 or 27 in franchise mode. I think most players already are but some might not be. If they have their real birth year and it's after 1971 they will be like 46 or whatever and retire after the first season. Ofc everyone being 27 is not accurate but it's playable IMO. Otherwise you'd have to recreate all the alumni players to give them their real age too, so that would take a lot of extra work.

All alumni players also automatically turn 27 in season/franchise, regardless of their real age.
Checked! Players don't retire)
Old 01-06-2022, 07:44 AM   #13
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Quote:
Yes you can recreate the 97 divisions as they were

Good initiative doing a playoff version
I'm gonna give your season setup a shot as you explained hopefully I dont screw up the setup as I didnt see an option to keep retired #s off ?
Old 01-06-2022, 11:00 AM   #14
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

Been playing video games since the early 1970s and I have never saw one this good with so many possible ea road blocks .But If you know goalies and their gear attick47 and Whale 97 put there heart and soul into roster and made this game come alive . I mean Whale even created around 15 replacement teams with their 90s jerseys and even created the authentic allstars jerseys . Thanks again and Garryowen.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:07 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
I'm gonna give your season setup a shot as you explained hopefully I dont screw up the setup as I didnt see an option to keep retired #s off ?
Nice. The retired number option is in the advanced settings - you get there after setting up the divisions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2022, 11:18 AM   #16
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Been sports games for a long, long time, and I've never really been into historical rosters, but the idea of playing with that Kariya-Rucchin-Selanne line gives me goosebumps. Add the end of Jari Kurri's career, and Guy Hebert between the pipes...Yowzaaaa..

Big comeback playoff win against the Yotes for their first playoff series win that year too (Before getting pummelled by the almighty Red Wings).

Absolutely going to give this roster a shot!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »