Home

Regulation Sliders for NHL15 (keep it simple)

This is a discussion on Regulation Sliders for NHL15 (keep it simple) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2014, 05:01 AM   #33
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Regulation Sliders for NHL15 (keep it simple)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus
I'm using a variation of these sliders and they play nice. I went on the powerplay 4 times I think. It seems the penalties that are hitting related (checking from behind, boarding, charging) are tied to the hitting power slider. I'm almost 100% sure this happened in the ps3/360 gen but penalties were so random that I couldn't get anything definitive. I got 0 checking penalties. I used a set where HP was at 2 and got a few, but they seemed odd. I got a 5 minute major for checking from behind on a hit where a guy barely moved. Sorry for the rant, but something else that might help you out.

Forgot to add that I just won 3-2 shots were 25-23 (i think) on 13 minute periods. In the third I went to a 1-2-2 passive and 1-2-2 blue neutral zone trap and shots were 2-2. It was nice for hockey to work.
Thanks. I do not use hitting power at 2 only because I cant stand the 'way to big' hits too many times/per game. Gameplay is more important then penaltys.

Although using the simulation or arcade style, the hitting is better and you feel like your on ice more. These styles are faster in the hidden sliders, so I have acceleration at a lower setting then normal.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:45 PM   #34
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Game style simulation brings more on ice of a feeling.
Tuner 1.01 brings more blocking and weight to the players skating.

Last edited by robinson; 12-09-2014 at 04:11 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:15 AM   #35
Rookie

robinson's Arena

After you set the game style to simulation.

If you adjust the penalty time scale, the frequency of penaltys, or the after the whistle rules, it will affect the gamestyle attributes. I didn't want to do this at first but its a way to use simulation (or hardcore) and still have the loose play and the on ice feeling.

This loosens up the gameplay with more loose pucks and a on the ice feel. Its like what arcade gamestyle does but with the tuner 1.01 you get the blocking and weight to the players skating.
Did you use penalty occurrence at 3 and penalty cpu/human at 5/5.

Having all penalty sliders one less then max, sometimes creates more. Also using a lower gamespeed will to. The faster the overall speed the less. You can have a fast pace by having cpu diff higher, while using a lower gamespeed.

Last edited by robinson; 12-14-2014 at 03:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #36
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

I plugged these into my GM mode but on true broadcast camera angle. And I really liked it. Game speed at 1 on true broadcast just looks faster than on normal up and down cameras.

First game was up 2-0, New Jersey scored in the second and late in the third. I won in a shootout.

Second game got in some serious penalty trouble in the first. Down 4-0 midway through the second. Rallied to score 3 with 2:30 to go. Couldn't get the equalizer. Only thing was in the second game. I out hit Pittsburgh 27-8. I'm thinking that has to do with the style pittsburgh plays and all the French/European that they have too haha.

I'm going to play some more tonight. I think I might just enjoy these on true broadcast more than my own. Will make that decision tonight.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:28 PM   #37
Rookie

kakejohler5252's Arena

So when do you change the penalty settings ???
Old 12-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #38
Rookie

robinson's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakejohler5252
So when do you change the penalty settings ???
Its possible you might not see a difference, as some others couldn't but it does make a difference. During the process you might find something you like better.

Do post 40 on this thread.
Delete the game from the main menu on ps4, take out disk, restart ps4, put disk back in, then it will automatically update the 1.04 patch, install that when its ready.

Do not worry this will not delete any season mode, tuners or rosters.

Also make sure your ps4 video & audio setting are right. RGB range & YPb/CbPr/Cr range are both to Full. Resolution to auto (1080p if your not using an oppo or video processor). Deep color output to auto.

Then post 26 on clarkies true broadcast thread.
1-tuner to 1.01
2-skill level to superstar
3-gamestyle on simulation
4-adjust all 3 sliders (penalty time scale, penalty occurrence, after whistle rules) to something different then defaults.
5-then adjust sliders and speed to your liking.

Last edited by robinson; 12-23-2014 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #39
Rookie

kakejohler5252's Arena

Thanks bud !!! I played two with these last night play wasn't bad just no penalties. I play at least 12 min periods I can't stand watchin a shift last over two min. I've had this game every year since it came out and never had to wait this long to find a set of sliders to start a chise. I can't find any where I don't dominate in shots and time on attack every game with the wings. And I only average maybe a game a day then when you raise difficulty it's Jedi mode
Old 12-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #40
Rookie

kakejohler5252's Arena

Angry Re: Regulation Sliders for NHL15 (keep it simple)

The penalties can be there I had a version of tnk's where I had nine pp in a game But I dominate toa and shots and usually lose. Which happens but not every game

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »