Home

Need Help with Sliders

This is a discussion on Need Help with Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #17
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need Help with Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoir
Hey guys, I have a question about the slider ''Puck Control'' under General Settings in sliders,

I'm abit confused as in should I set this slider close to 0 or close to max if I want to see the puck get loose and not being glued to players stick etc?

Hope you guys can answer it here, don't really wanna make a whole new thread for just that, thanks
If you set it at zero you will have more loose pucks, but here's the rub....The sliders really don't do much and the game appears to be scripted with 3-4 different types of games you can see and experience with minimal noticeable differences. Getting a slider set you like will get you some solid games and really build up your hope but that will be short lived because one minor tweak throws the whole eco-system out of whack and seems to reset the game type. Kind of like going back in time and killing a butterfly when you get back the whole world is changed lol....I have puck control at zero and had a great set of sliders. My games were awesome and I was loving the stats and gameplay as well as penalty frequency (a long standing issue) I tweaked one slider (Goalie screen effect) by one notch and it destroyed the whole slider set. Puck control at zero and the its still like glue to the CPU as well as a host of other bad things. Makes no sense unless its just a random game type that regenerates each time a slider is adjusted. Good luck my friend because after years of struggling with this series and now fighting to turn this stripped down half-assed effort into something worth playing i'm on the verge of being sent to the looney bin

Last edited by jake19ny; 09-19-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #18
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anoir
Hey guys, I have a question about the slider ''Puck Control'' under General Settings in sliders,

I'm abit confused as in should I set this slider close to 0 or close to max if I want to see the puck get loose and not being glued to players stick etc?

Hope you guys can answer it here, don't really wanna make a whole new thread for just that, thanks
Yeah 0 is less control but you can also blend it too with other checking sliders hit power , ect depending on what you want from the game and I would adjust everything from default sliders as its probably what the game was tested off of and just a click at a time .

See the interesting thing is you can adjust it too anything you want but granted when theres a tilted Ice factor things skew .

MLB The Show has a similar programming but at least in NHL your interaction still counts on what you actually do which I really prefer over a force sim feeling .
Hope this helps but remember theres alot of moving parts in NHL 15 and we all play differently and thats what I love as no 2 games are a like .

EX : Just so were clear you can lower puck control and raise hit power and have a huge hit fest or you can raise Puck control and lower hit power and just bounce off guys and so many other sliders you can adjust to make this game play anyway you like so dont give up and its not easy but once you find your niche its a amazing game that plays a very realistic game of NHL Hockey.

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-19-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 12:31 AM   #19
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

I have cpu puck control at 6 and user hit power at 0 and I still cream dudes all over the place. I find having cpu at 6 puck control helped the cpu get some semblance of an offensive attack.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »