Home

Need Help with Sliders

This is a discussion on Need Help with Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #1
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Need Help with Sliders

Basically whats happening is the cpu doesnt really have any offence. Most games end up me losing but im out shooting them 30 to 15 and at least doubling or even more in the attack zone time. the only time the cpu seems to shoot is on the one timers in the slot which is pretty much the only goals the cpu gets against me.

what im asking is there sliders that the cpu will take more shots and increase their time on attack without me getting super cpu cheese goaled in the slot every time? I want to lose sometimes but it would be nice if I could get some sliders that makes the game more even.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 07:40 AM   #2
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need Help with Sliders

love the screen name!

What game difficulty setting do you play on? All-Star or Superstar with some slider adjustments may help you. I was having a similar problem...if you use Al_tito's sliders or theshamisashame's sliders, with your own personal tweaks, you may fix your issue.

First off I would look at CPU agression, shot accuracy, and if you want to prevent the slot one-timer goals, try increasing human goalies' reaction speed and lowering screen effect (one or two clicks each).

If you look in al_tito's thread about page 14, I have posted a couple of screen of the stats I've been getting with tweaks similar to what I layed out for you.

Let me know how you make out.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Hey CujoMatty ,
Your not alone and many were having your exact issues and what Mac said above was what we found and how we tried to address them but none really fixed my always out shooting the cpu 2 or more to 1 and still losing or having a 82% save pct unless I went super goalie route and lessened the cpu shot accuracy but that also effects gamplay.

Example: most people lower cpu shot acc and others to 0 or 1 to be realistic but the cpu will now actually try to pass more and shoot less because acc is so low they now need the perfect shot to have a chance to score. Test it if you like raise pass a tad and lower shooting sliders .

So I switched to near default sliders as I strongly believe the more people gut sliders it can really screw up the way EA NHL created and programmed the game to play and it especially messes up lack of penalties many complain about after they gutted the sliders ?

But on Near default sliders with 8 min periods me and the cpu get 3 to 4 penalties a game but never less then 3 as I think its programmed that way on Default to a degree if you know how to play or use your hockey IQ( meaning position , strategy ect ) and on default I actually ice the puck on purpose to take off the heat when needed and every other way I tried to play I have never been out hit and shot and still won a game like I had on near default so my choice was simple and even the TOA was only 2 minutes off .

Sorry for rambling and I hope this helps Oh and if your on default I find the attribute slider also being a huge problem for me so lower it to 3 for most realistic player results as default is at 5

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-18-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #4
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

I play on all star with al titos sliders. I had tweaked them a little and was enjoying them but it was too easy so I went back to his sliders. I like the fact that I lose but again its so unrealistic.

im going to try raising the shot accuracy slider and see if they shoot more and maybe raise my goalies sliders. I dont want to lower cpu shot accuracy more than it is cause it seems counter productive to me wanting them to have more shots. I like your guys other suggestions and im gonna try them out.

I was also looking at THE SHAMISASHAMEs sliders yesterday and thought about trying them out so maybe ill do that and see if I get better results.

thx for your help guys ill post my findings.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #5
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
I play on all star with al titos sliders. I had tweaked them a little and was enjoying them but it was too easy so I went back to his sliders. I like the fact that I lose but again its so unrealistic.

im going to try raising the shot accuracy slider and see if they shoot more and maybe raise my goalies sliders. I dont want to lower cpu shot accuracy more than it is cause it seems counter productive to me wanting them to have more shots. I like your guys other suggestions and im gonna try them out.

I was also looking at THE SHAMISASHAMEs sliders yesterday and thought about trying them out so maybe ill do that and see if I get better results.

thx for your help guys ill post my findings.
Al_Titos are really good BUT I could never get real stats on any sliders not to mention never being out hit or shot other than playing on near default and I was tired of losing games out shooting the cpu 3 to 1 on other over tweaked sliders too with no cpu offensive attack ?

But if you try default play at least 3 games as they go full circle and play Defense and passing lanes smart or youll pay as for me its the right balance of hu interaction , sim and most importantly Fun as you really get alot of bang for your buck with 8 minute periods .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 09-18-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by THESHAMISASHAME
Hey CujoMatty ,
Your not alone and many were having your exact issues and what Mac said above was what we found and how we tried to address them but none really fixed my always out shooting the cpu 2 or more to 1 and still losing or having a 82% save pct unless I went super goalie route and lessened the cpu shot accuracy but that also effects gamplay.

Example: most people lower cpu shot acc and others to 0 or 1 to be realistic but the cpu will now actually try to pass more and shoot less because acc is so low they now need the perfect shot to have a chance to score. Test it if you like raise pass a tad and lower shooting sliders .

So I switched to near default sliders as I strongly believe the more people gut sliders it can really screw up the way EA NHL created and programmed the game to play and it especially messes up lack of penalties many complain about after they gutted the sliders ?

But on Near default sliders with 8 min periods me and the cpu get 3 to 4 penalties a game but never less then 3 as I think its programmed that way on Default to a degree if you know how to play or use your hockey IQ( meaning position , strategy ect ) and on default I actually ice the puck on purpose to take off the heat when needed and every other way I tried to play I have never been out hit and shot and still won a game like I had on near default so my choice was simple and even the TOA was only 2 minutes off .

Sorry for rambling and I hope this helps Oh and if your on default I find the attribute slider also being a huge problem for me so lower it to 3 for most realistic player results as default is at 5
Most people play at default or "near default" as you love to say. They adjust sliders to fix issues

You have tweaked maxed and minimized more sliders than anyone, and constantly jumping to conclusions after every little tweak. Just like when you got ran off The Show forums after nobody took your flip flopping seriously. You can just do a search and find threads how you swore that pro is the way to go, then it was allstar, then superstar, now allstar again. You swore on about 10 different sliders being the key etc.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:03 PM   #7
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Most people play at default or "near default" as you love to say. They adjust sliders to fix issues

You have tweaked maxed and minimized more sliders than anyone, and constantly jumping to conclusions after every little tweak. Just like when you got ran off The Show forums after nobody took your flip flopping seriously. You can just do a search and find threads how you swore that pro is the way to go, then it was allstar, then superstar, now allstar again. You swore on about 10 different sliders being the key etc.
Hey ParisB, I'll agree that most people play near default sliders, that's the way to go. Personally I find shamisashame's info to be helpful. He does jump to conclusions a lot, but the info he gives on what sliders are effecting his game have allowed me to start from a base set of sliders and tweak a couple of things to get better stat results.

The more info we get on how to make this game more playable the better. No one is forcing anyone to take their advice, if it helps - great - if not, just leave it be...everyone's play style is going to be different anyway.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #8
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

I could care less about who knows what or flip flopping or whatever. I just want the game to play better and I know from my experience with sliders thats its an evolution. very rarely do I find sliders that work the whole time. with that being said proof is in the pudding lol so I just got home from work and im gonna give Shams sliders a fair go and see if I get some better games. crossing my fingers. ill post my findings after about 5 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »