Home

Clarkie's NHL 16 All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on Clarkie's NHL 16 All-Star Slider Set within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #33
Rookie

robinson's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Clarkie's NHL 16 All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
AI learning is not a factor with these as the CPU is aggressive enough already. And as for the goalies. When reaction speed is higher and there's a cross crease pass the goalie goes over so fast that it warps. It's mainly for animation purposes.

Is that the same as nhl15 or do we need to keep it at 3/3 because it seems better then nhl15 when its on 4/4, helps the scores of the games.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #34
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm testing goalie reaction speed at 2/2 right now.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:59 AM   #35
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon6 Re: Clarkie's NHL 16 All-Star Slider Set

I'm having some pretty good success with these! I was so close to trading it in already because it was just driving me crazy. Tried everybody else's sliders but couldn't jive with them. Played 4 games today with my rangers and got great goal variety. Lost the first game 3-1 against a great Chicago D. Then beat the Blue jackets 4-2 and then a crazy game 5-4 in OT in a back to back with them and I just finished beating Winnipeg in a tight checking game 2-1. I'm playing these with the attributes at 3 and goalie reaction at 2 like you said. Won't be long now because I'm having fun till EA releases a tuner to totally mess me up again lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2015, 03:16 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm playing bagm and using much the same sliders as these and I got to say they are good games, it seems just a bit slow but if I increase speed to 1 then I get less pens. Overall a good set of sliders. Now I expect ea will release an up update and it will be all messed up again.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #37
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Now that playing NHL 16 on Allstar near default sliders in Playoff mode is unplayable I saw this setup and like its possibilities and the only changes I made were manual pass on and 5 or 6 min periods .

Well kudos to Clarkie as his sliders set a good base in the few games I played that brought back an organic feel to the gameplay that is sadly missed after the 9/28 tuner overwrites so hopefully EA doesnt write over this latest tuner like rickster1 said !

The only thing off is TOA which is almost 2 to 1 in time which is fine by me but I am dominating in faceoffs also so I might add a click down the road .
Other then TOA Im getting tons of variety in games with good stats for now and Im seeing everything , blocked shots great puck battles with sticks and bodies without tons of tripping penalties but the best thing is most everything feels natural and not robotic and its easy to react to gameplay situations .

And though having goalies sliders that low scares me they really work pretty well so far but I can see me upping the toughnes for both hu and cpu soon but overall its a nice blending of all sliders that I hope keeps challenging me as I like the pace and the flow

Theres also little to no boost hockey/tilted ice in this set do the latest tuner where the cpu magically power glides around at times with toc tac toe laser passes and one timer goals while your slow to respond or cant skate .
So its really a fair well balanced set where what you do matters and thats all I can ask for is a fair even skate win or lose so thanks for sharing North .

Update : Just lost 4-3 me Chi vs TB and it was a wonderful affair that ending in great excitement as I was down 3-0 but couldnt tie it in the late moments of the game and once again it was all organic and nothing goofy or boosted and losing never felt so fair .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-04-2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: sp update
Old 10-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #38
Pro

JG1986's Arena

Yup agreed. This is the only slider set that has that balance you speak of.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:24 AM   #39
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow thanks guys. Awesome feedback. Just to touch on goalie reaction and screen effect. I wasn't seeing any clean shots beat these goalies this year. And goals from defense were really down. I want to see snipers like Kane, Ovi, Seguin, Kessel rip writers from the circles from time to time. And guys like Karlsson, Seabrook, Chara, Weber be able to find the back of the net. And putting those numbers where they are I do t feel that it takes away from their ability everywhere else. If you're able to get the goalie in a vulnerable decision then you should be scoring 7 times out of 10. The other 3 I'm ok with the goalie making a once in a lifetime save.

If shot totals creep up to high 30's all the time then I will also lower my period length. But just the other day I was out shot 25-18 by Montreal and I was the dreadful Hurricanes.

So let's hope that if a tuner comes out or a new patch that it doesn't effect these so much that we need to evaluate each slider AGAIN.

Enjoy fellas, I am.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #40
Pro

JG1986's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
Wow thanks guys. Awesome feedback. Just to touch on goalie reaction and screen effect. I wasn't seeing any clean shots beat these goalies this year. And goals from defense were really down. I want to see snipers like Kane, Ovi, Seguin, Kessel rip writers from the circles from time to time. And guys like Karlsson, Seabrook, Chara, Weber be able to find the back of the net. And putting those numbers where they are I do t feel that it takes away from their ability everywhere else. If you're able to get the goalie in a vulnerable decision then you should be scoring 7 times out of 10. The other 3 I'm ok with the goalie making a once in a lifetime save.

If shot totals creep up to high 30's all the time then I will also lower my period length. But just the other day I was out shot 25-18 by Montreal and I was the dreadful Hurricanes.

So let's hope that if a tuner comes out or a new patch that it doesn't effect these so much that we need to evaluate each slider AGAIN.

Enjoy fellas, I am.
Just an FYI I'm actually playing with 8 minute periods and each game I've played the shot totals have been in the high twenties or low thirties and hits have been in the high teens or low twenties. Feels great. It actually sort of plays like hockey.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »