Home

Armor & Swords "Regular Joe" Pro/All-Star Custom Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords "Regular Joe" Pro/All-Star Custom Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #57
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Swords "Regular Joe" Pro/All-Star Custom Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
I'll be honest, I don't know what steven is talking about.
Start a beagm, set your sliders, save file and thats it.
Your sliders are now set for your beagm.
Thats the problem. I did that with my beagm. Once i went in 1st game. Paused game because game didnt feel right. Checked settings in game and were not the same?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2015, 03:39 PM   #58
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
Thats the problem. I did that with my beagm. Once i went in 1st game. Paused game because game didnt feel right. Checked settings in game and were not the same?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
In that case I don't know what to tell you.
I started 1 the other night and they haven't changed thru my first 3 games...
Old 10-09-2015, 05:10 PM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr86
I'll be honest, I don't know what steven is talking about.
Start a beagm, set your sliders, save file and thats it.
Your sliders are now set for your beagm.
I have to do this for exhibition games. There is a thread/post about this happening again like last year. Some sliders aren't saving after you change them. Shot accuracy etc...

Didn't know if this applied to BeaGM.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #60
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

Shooting sliders are the ones mainly affected. Set them the first time and back out.... I would say 75% of the time when you go back into the sliders right away! the sliders are changed by 1 or 2 clicks. My advice is to just check them anytime you shut the system off and load the gm mode back up. Any questions just pm me.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:34 PM   #61
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Shooting sliders are the ones mainly affected. Set them the first time and back out.... I would say 75% of the time when you go back into the sliders right away! the sliders are changed by 1 or 2 clicks. My advice is to just check them anytime you shut the system off and load the gm mode back up. Any questions just pm me.
Yeah, I check mine before every game just to make sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #62
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I am seriously loving this game. I have had great times in the past with NHL (11,13) But this is just simply the best NHL game I have ever played. I played a fantastic game at home vs The Rangers early this evening and pulled out a awesome win 3-2

There were 4 PP (2 per side), two huge brawls, great saves, some sloppy hockey on the boards and in the neutral zone.

I am geting outstanding games. I am totally hooked and loving BeAGm.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #63
MVP

Been using these sliders for a bit now. I use position lock and getting decent results. However, every team I play against just feels like the previous team. Maybe it's the ratings that need massively adjusting per player. But I can't tell the difference in teams. Playing against a speedy team like Tampa feels like I'm playing against any other team.

One way I test sliders is to play against Team Japan. If I crush them, but manage to lose against other NHL teams, things are looking good. However, this is EA.

So, I used these sliders and played as (RD) with the Hawks against Team Japan. After the first period, I out shot them 15 - 0 and, believe it or not, no score. Their goalie acted like a superstar for a team with a goalie rating of 46.

Second period, I raised the attribute effect slider to 5. Suddenly, it's 6-0 Hawks with 31 shots vs 1 shot for Japan.

Has anyone else tried these sliders but raised Attribute effects to 5? Notice any difference? Yes, any team can win anytime in the NHL. But if you take a speedy team like Tampa, etc and play Buffalo or Toronto, it should "feel" like you're playing a somewhat easy game, not a bunch of all stars.

UPDATE:
Used these sliders again, but was position lock as NYR playing against EDM. I put attribute effect slider at 5. I wanted to see if there was a difference. I feel like with it at 5 so far, it's night and day compared to 3.

I felt like the NYR played like the Rangers. Edmonton played tough but wasn't tough enough. I also didn't have the "ping pong" effect (CPU scoring right after you do) I experienced with AE slider at 3. I won this game 3-0.

I'll have to test this playing as EDM now. I think the rest of the sliders are great, but the AE slider might need tweaked.

Last edited by Steven547; 10-11-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:11 AM   #64
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Been using these sliders for a bit now. I use position lock and getting decent results. However, every team I play against just feels like the previous team. Maybe it's the ratings that need massively adjusting per player. But I can't tell the difference in teams. Playing against a speedy team like Tampa feels like I'm playing against any other team.

One way I test sliders is to play against Team Japan. If I crush them, but manage to lose against other NHL teams, things are looking good. However, this is EA.

So, I used these sliders and played as (RD) with the Hawks against Team Japan. After the first period, I out shot them 15 - 0 and, believe it or not, no score. Their goalie acted like a superstar for a team with a goalie rating of 46.

Second period, I raised the attribute effect slider to 5. Suddenly, it's 6-0 Hawks with 31 shots vs 1 shot for Japan.

Has anyone else tried these sliders but raised Attribute effects to 5? Notice any difference? Yes, any team can win anytime in the NHL. But if you take a speedy team like Tampa, etc and play Buffalo or Toronto, it should "feel" like you're playing a somewhat easy game, not a bunch of all stars.

UPDATE:
Used these sliders again, but was position lock as NYR playing against EDM. I put attribute effect slider at 5. I wanted to see if there was a difference. I feel like with it at 5 so far, it's night and day compared to 3.

I felt like the NYR played like the Rangers. Edmonton played tough but wasn't tough enough. I also didn't have the "ping pong" effect (CPU scoring right after you do) I experienced with AE slider at 3. I won this game 3-0.

I'll have to test this playing as EDM now. I think the rest of the sliders are great, but the AE slider might need tweaked.
I pretty much only play on 5 min periods on near Allstar default hardcore in playoff mode with attribute effects at 5 and when I did test them at 3 like most people have them and all games are pretty much the same and teams all play and feel the same like you said , almost robot hockey and goalies regardless of ratings are walls and most scores were 1-0 ?.

But at 5 I see a difference and if you read the slider description it doesnt make sense and I know many use 3 and they see a difference the other way but I dont .

What I like about 5 is I have better control of all players so in a way while 5 might make average players better I think it makes great players have even greater separation and thats why Kanes and Alex O stand out more and Im also notice the same with goalies though its just my opinion .

I do know a tweak here or there and this game plays very different and after a little getting used to the 3/28 tuner I agree with Armor this is the BEST EA NHL game yet if you can find you level !

ADD ON : You know I play with manual shooting so maybe playing with auto and attribute Effects at 3 gives better results ? who knows just another slider mystery but with it at 5 I really have accurate scoring numbers with my stars and more accurate scores and less 1-0 games like I was having at 3 .

Last edited by THESHAMISASHAME; 10-13-2015 at 04:51 AM. Reason: add on

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »