Home

Soble's NHL 17 Realism Sliders (6-8 mins/Allstar)

This is a discussion on Soble's NHL 17 Realism Sliders (6-8 mins/Allstar) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Soble's NHL 17 Realism Sliders (6-8 mins/Allstar)

Well, hell, never mind my post.

I just used these sliders (what was in the OP) with Pro. I also ended up with 15 min periods through some fluke (thought I had set it to 8). Turned into a great game! Lost 4-2, although the 4th was with 15 seconds left. They had I think 32 shots to our 25.

I have a very weak team due to my play style anyway, so I expect winning to be a challenge.

Game plays great! Thanks so much!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #26
Rookie

xDatBoiSOBLE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
xDatBoiSOBLE,

Are you updating your original post each time you make adjustments?

I'm BRAND new to NHL, although an old Madden hand, so very familiar with tweaking sliders to get good gameplay. I came across your thread because I'm a big fan of realism in the gameplay.

However, currently I'm playing on Semi-pro, 10 mins, since I have little idea what I am doing. I'm getting what I believe most people experiencing with the defaults - ridiculous shot totals and scores. Most of my games end up with around 15 goals combined, and 100 shots.

With the way that sliders work in NHL, do you think I could use your set with semi-pro/10? Or would it be smarter to switch to something like Pro/8?
These sliders were created with 8 min periods in mind, playing on all star difficulty. I did play a few games on pro with these sliders and they felt really good. Also I just updated the main page with the new updates if you want to take a look.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:49 PM   #27
Rookie

xDatBoiSOBLE's Arena

Cool Update #3

With these sliders I was looking to make the CPU shoot more in the offensive zone and also speed up the game just a tad in when it came to player acceleration. I felt the original shot Power was just a bit much and had too many instances where the puck would bounce off the back glass and down the goalies back. I really wanted to add some dump and chase to the game and I feel like I've done a great job of nailing that. Please leave feedback and let me know what you think!!!

March 27th Updates
General
Fatigue Effect: 60 for both
Fatigue Recovery: 43 for both

Skating
Player Acceleration: 55 for both

Shooting
Shot Accuracy: 50 for both
Shot Power: 43 for both
Slap Shot Accuracy: 45 for both
Slap Shot Power: 43 for both

Passing
Pass Reception Ease: 30 for both
Pickup Type Effect: 55 for both
Bouncing Puck Receptions: 63 for both

Puck Control
Puck Control: 26 for both
Deking Impact: 35 for both

Checking
Board Effect Non-Puck Carrier: 45
Board Effect Puck Carrier: 25
Hitting Assistance: 13

AI
AI Learning: 6/6

Last edited by xDatBoiSOBLE; 03-27-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #28
Rookie

xDatBoiSOBLE's Arena

Guys I'm loving these sliders right now. I had the greatest game against Chicago that I've ever played and even though I lost (forgot about the picture) I felt like I gave it my all. I hope everyone else is enjoying the improvements as much as I am!!! Post pictures below and share your stats!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7124.JPG (102.7 KB, 231 views)
Old 03-27-2017, 10:30 PM   #29
Rookie

xDatBoiSOBLE's Arena

Another great game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7127.jpg (593.3 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7126.jpg (592.5 KB, 241 views)
Old 04-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #30
Pro

Sorry boys,haven't been active here in a week or so.
Been playing this game an insane amount of time.
76 games in to my first season,no simming.

A few things
1.Lowered shooting speed at 48, works great for me,puck feels more alive.
And I've also lowered pass speed from 35(min) and 65(max) to 25-55,and to me that's a whole new game.
2.No tiki-taka/ping pong passing at max power from CPU,slows the game down a great deal,and their game style changes a lot.
3.I can play more along the boards,acctually use that as you do in real hockey,play the puck up and down the board til you get opponents out of position
4. My passing into the danger zones is much better with a slower pass speed,I always used to overskate the passes

Feel free to try em out,my game is absolutely amazing right now.
You might feel that passing is a bit slow,but if you change back,the passing is insanely fast,so I wouldn't recommend max speed over 55.
Think shot speed at 55 and above.

With those changes plus the zero pass accuracy game feels much more organic along with all other slider values.
Happy gaming

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 04-06-2017, 06:55 PM   #31
Rookie

xDatBoiSOBLE's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
Sorry boys,haven't been active here in a week or so.
Been playing this game an insane amount of time.
76 games in to my first season,no simming.

A few things
1.Lowered shooting speed at 48, works great for me,puck feels more alive.
And I've also lowered pass speed from 35(min) and 65(max) to 25-55,and to me that's a whole new game.
2.No tiki-taka/ping pong passing at max power from CPU,slows the game down a great deal,and their game style changes a lot.
3.I can play more along the boards,acctually use that as you do in real hockey,play the puck up and down the board til you get opponents out of position
4. My passing into the danger zones is much better with a slower pass speed,I always used to overskate the passes

Feel free to try em out,my game is absolutely amazing right now.
You might feel that passing is a bit slow,but if you change back,the passing is insanely fast,so I wouldn't recommend max speed over 55.
Think shot speed at 55 and above.

With those changes plus the zero pass accuracy game feels much more organic along with all other slider values.
Happy gaming

I'm pretty happy with my current sliders. (unless EA comes out with another tuner update, but I doubt it.) I'll take a look at these changes and see how I feel!! Welcome back as well haha

Edit: Just realized you didn't really change muuch from what my sliders are set to anyways. I have my shot power set to 43 and it feels awesome. I'm trying the puck passing speeds right now (I had my set to 30-60) so five ticks down shouldn't be too bad. Have you tried using my sliders at all?? Not sure if you've changed all the values to what I have them at (I'm basing this on the passing values because those are defaulted)

Last edited by xDatBoiSOBLE; 04-07-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2017, 02:44 AM   #32
Rookie

I use your sliders and I like it 😊.
But I've made some changes to the passing.
Pass assist : 0
Human pass acc : 100
Slow pass speed : 33
Human pass reception ease : 50

These slider changes makes the game a lot harder but so rewarding. And it really open up the gameplay.
With your sliders and my passing adjustments I really like this game and I look forward to the next game. Thanks Soble!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »