Home

Soble's NHL 17 Realism Sliders (6-8 mins/Allstar)

This is a discussion on Soble's NHL 17 Realism Sliders (6-8 mins/Allstar) within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2017, 06:04 PM   #33
Just started!

BostonHitParty's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Soble's NHL 17 Realism Sliders (6-8 mins/Allstar)

Tried these out a while ago and loved them and ended up bumping it up to Superstar. If I took the human goalie sliders down a bit would I need to do the same to the CPU goalie sliders as well? I know some games will go crazy if you mess with sliders different ways haha. Just wondering because the game plays awesome I'd just like the cpu to score a little more. In game 2 of the Stanley Cup Final and Pekka has 5 shutouts throughout the playoffs for me.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:21 AM   #34
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDatBoiSOBLE
I'm pretty happy with my current sliders. (unless EA comes out with another tuner update, but I doubt it.) I'll take a look at these changes and see how I feel!! Welcome back as well haha

Edit: Just realized you didn't really change muuch from what my sliders are set to anyways. I have my shot power set to 43 and it feels awesome. I'm trying the puck passing speeds right now (I had my set to 30-60) so five ticks down shouldn't be too bad. Have you tried using my sliders at all?? Not sure if you've changed all the values to what I have them at (I'm basing this on the passing values because those are defaulted)
Yeah,think I missed setting pass speed to your value,I pretty much had my sliders all messed up between all sorts of slider sets.
We kinda have similar ones now,a few tweeks here and there though based on personal preferences
I had shot acc at 50 before,I'm at 46 for both now,on 8 min.
And it usually gets 30-40 shots on goal for both per game,had an average of 40 before,which is to high.
Like I said,personal tweeks due to my style of playing
Also I've lowered puck control to 20/18 (human-CPU ) once I've started the playoffs CPU became unbeatable with anything higher

Xbox :ettnollbajen

Last edited by Ettnollbajen; 04-10-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:30 AM   #35
Pro

One thing I'm changing for season two is difficulty level.
I'm on all star,cpu difficulty at 3,and I'm seeing tons of comeback issues from the CPU.
Didn't see that when playing regular season,but once I hit the playoffs,CPU is much tougher,and I've had a few games being 2-4 goals up,and they've come back in a very strange fashion,often the last 5-10 minutes.

So for season two I'm going with superstar and CPU difficulty at 0 or 1 tops.
The CPU difficulty slider/Ai learning has always been a cheat machine

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2017, 12:33 AM   #36
Rookie

I don't know if it's just me, but the first and third pictures in the OP seem to be broken?
Old 04-17-2017, 10:33 AM   #37
Pro

First game done in the finals vs TBA (5-3)
I've bumped up my difficulty to SS,and the game is even better now,I always play on that level on FIFA/PES,and it always plays the fairest
No CPU spells of pure dominance like I had at AS,you know were they won't let go of the puck and end up scoring like crazy.
Had games in the semis we're the CPU came back from being 5-1 down and winning in OT

2nd thing that makes this difficulty great,your own players play well the whole game,no spells were they become crap.
Feels like they play to their abilities at all times.

3rd the game calms down,CPU plays more static defence,covering areas that needs covering,instead of chasing all over the ice.

With these sliders and SS difficulty,it's by far the best hockey game I've played.

Old 04-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
First game done in the finals vs TBA (5-3)
I've bumped up my difficulty to SS,and the game is even better now,I always play on that level on FIFA/PES,and it always plays the fairest
No CPU spells of pure dominance like I had at AS,you know were they won't let go of the puck and end up scoring like crazy.
Had games in the semis we're the CPU came back from being 5-1 down and winning in OT

2nd thing that makes this difficulty great,your own players play well the whole game,no spells were they become crap.
Feels like they play to their abilities at all times.

3rd the game calms down,CPU plays more static defence,covering areas that needs covering,instead of chasing all over the ice.

With these sliders and SS difficulty,it's by far the best hockey game I've played.
How are CPU teammates on D in NHL 17 compared to NHL 16? Nothing would infuriate me in 16 than the slot being continuously left open regardless of what defensive tendencies and plays I set. Does 17 have sliders that affect teammate ability?

Now that NHL 17 is live in the EA Vault, I want to download it and try with the slider sets in this thread, but I'm really hoping teammate abilities and play have been upgraded for this version...
Old 04-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcinty11
How are CPU teammates on D in NHL 17 compared to NHL 16? Nothing would infuriate me in 16 than the slot being continuously left open regardless of what defensive tendencies and plays I set. Does 17 have sliders that affect teammate ability?

Now that NHL 17 is live in the EA Vault, I want to download it and try with the slider sets in this thread, but I'm really hoping teammate abilities and play have been upgraded for this version...
Still kinda all over the place,better than 16 though,and I've learned to play D a bit more carefully,only switching my players when needed,usually play d with one player and let my CPU team mates sort the rest,works ok acctually.

I've found that my team mates and the CPU plays better and more life like on SS difficulty than AS
Nope no sliders for it.
Go ahead and try the game out,I've almost finished my first season and getting tons of fun out of it,tweaking sliders about every 3-5 games if not playing well

Old 04-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #40
Rookie

Gave these sliders a go on superstar with 8 minute periods. Loved every minute of it! I think I actually got out-hit by the CPU and the faceoffs were incredibly realistic. Only changes I ended up making were bumping the CPU/HUM Aggression up to 30 and increasing the CPU Difficulty Adjustment to 3/6. Just wanted to say great job with these, will definitely continue using them and tinkering with them!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »