Home

AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2020, 10:12 AM   #129
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

Maybe you should be more patient with the puck and wait for your chances while trying to make the CPU move and open the slot. 44 shots is a lot if you're only shooting from far out. Maybe lowering pass interception and increasing shot accuracy could also help you score more goals.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #130
Rookie

kabbott20's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Tito13
Maybe you should be more patient with the puck and wait for your chances while trying to make the CPU move and open the slot. 44 shots is a lot if you're only shooting from far out. Maybe lowering pass interception and increasing shot accuracy could help you score more goals.
Thanks. I'll try that.

I do love the sliders too, by the way. Don't take this as a complaint on them! I'm just trying to get better at the game!
Old 01-29-2020, 09:03 AM   #131
Just started!

Thank you for these amaizing sliders. I absolutely love the puck control and fatigue sliders. After raising the difficulty level it feels the only change is at CPU shooting accuracy. I have now played 10 games with superstar CPU difficulty level 2/6 and 8 minutes period length. I try to play realistic, throw the puck away when shorthanded or need a change on 5vs5 and shoot a lot. Shot/game average is 34,5-23,4 for me but my 90OVR goalie saving% is 85,04%.

Is there a possibility to changes CPU shooting frequency? It feels like the CPU defender never throws the puck from the blueline if there isnīt a powerplay and a lot of space. Usually they just roll the puck until they get a one timer change to an almost empty net. Sometimes they even pass the puck backwards on a breakaway..

I changed my tactics to more passive and it dropped the GPG for both teams and increased my goalies save%, but when I concentrate more on defending the CPU has problems to get even 20 shots in a game. Any ideas how to fix it? Donīt just want to change CPU:s shooting accuracy only. All the other stats are quite realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #132
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenhl
Thank you for these amaizing sliders. I absolutely love the puck control and fatigue sliders. After raising the difficulty level it feels the only change is at CPU shooting accuracy. I have now played 10 games with superstar CPU difficulty level 2/6 and 8 minutes period length. I try to play realistic, throw the puck away when shorthanded or need a change on 5vs5 and shoot a lot. Shot/game average is 34,5-23,4 for me but my 90OVR goalie saving% is 85,04%.

Is there a possibility to changes CPU shooting frequency? It feels like the CPU defender never throws the puck from the blueline if there isnīt a powerplay and a lot of space. Usually they just roll the puck until they get a one timer change to an almost empty net. Sometimes they even pass the puck backwards on a breakaway..

I changed my tactics to more passive and it dropped the GPG for both teams and increased my goalies save%, but when I concentrate more on defending the CPU has problems to get even 20 shots in a game. Any ideas how to fix it? Donīt just want to change CPU:s shooting accuracy only. All the other stats are quite realistic.
I agree, the CPU is passing too much in general and not shooting enough. I tried to tweak CPU passing sliders this weekend to prevent them from doing ping pong passing. It helped a bit, because they have less clean receptions now and have to regain full control before making a pass again. However, they are still often passing when they should shoot. CPU seems programmed that way and I don't think sliders can do much about it unfortunately. Maybe an increase to puck control by lowering Skating Impact could help, but I'm really not sure it will help much. And we have to be careful with changes to puck control, because it could also have collateral effects and alter other aspects of the gameplay.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 01-29-2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old 01-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #133
Just started!

Seems that the CPU dosenīt shoot espacially on 5vs5. CPU havenīt had over 20 shots on my last four games now when I changed the tactics. Also my shooting procent is too high. I will next try at cpu difficulty 3 and lover all the shots sliders by five. Here are my stats on superstar 2/6 and 8 min period.

WIN% PP% PK% GPG GAPG SV% SHOT% SHOTS/G CPU SHOTS/G FACE OFF % PP CHANGES/G CPU PP CHANGES/G GAMES PLAYED
66,67% 27,59% 79,63% 5,00 3,33 85,19% 14,01% 34,50 22,50 47,77% 2,42 4,50 12

So far I have simulaited 18 season on franchise and wanted to play some games with my superstars before they retire. The default settings where horrible so I found myself on this forum. My franchise mode team is very offensive and has scored around 4gpg during last seasons. We have won the Presidentīs Trophy 7 times in a row. So I aim to get as close as possible to these stats while playing: WIN%70 GPG4 GAPG 2,75, PP26,SH82.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:58 PM   #134
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hi there i have been using your sliders for last 3 years now and they are great (after i adjust them to my capabilities, lol). This year i only needed to lower goalies save reaction on both sides.

I do have a stupid question, do Pass Assist and Hitting Assistance apply to:

- only human controlled player( would be my assumption)
- also to CPU players in human controlled team, or
- to all of the players in game?

passing % is still on little high rate for me and hitting is disproportionate at times , so just looking if i can tweak something .

Thank you
Old 01-29-2020, 05:26 PM   #135
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tariq071
Hi there i have been using your sliders for last 3 years now and they are great (after i adjust them to my capabilities, lol). This year i only needed to lower goalies save reaction on both sides.

I do have a stupid question, do Pass Assist and Hitting Assistance apply to:

- only human controlled player( would be my assumption)
- also to CPU players in human controlled team, or
- to all of the players in game?

passing % is still on little high rate for me and hitting is disproportionate at times , so just looking if i can tweak something .

Thank you
Yes, I'm pretty sure that Pass Assist and Hitting Assistance only affect Human.

So, to lower human passing %, Pass Assist could be an option. Another way to do it could be to tweak Reception Reaction Time, Puck Speed Reception Effect, Pickup Type Effect and Bouncing Puck Receptions to make Human's values equaling CPU's.

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 01-30-2020 at 09:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2020, 08:00 PM   #136
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

A patch is coming tomorrow for NHL. It includes some interesting things concerning gameplay, mostly pass interceptions, but also other stuff about puck pickups, passing, skating, poke checking and tripping. I will see how it plays out, but some of the changes seem great on paper. Of course, a few tweaks may be coming to the sliders after that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »