Home

AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

AlTito,
thank you very much for always updating your slider settings year in and year out!
I am using all values from your set as originally posted by you.

Since the last NHL 20 update though from EA concerning the pivoting I have found passing while skating very "edgy". The release of the passes is not instant and feels delayed and awkward, while backhand passes are in many cases aborted by losing the puck or not getting a backhand pass off.

It's quite annoying cause also wrist shots are not instantly released. For a test, I lowered Skating Impact from 45 to 30 and it felt more natural, but still not perfect like with your slider settings before said EA update.

Do you guys experience the same while skating and trying to pass?

Last edited by Rengi; 12-16-2019 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:13 PM   #98
Rookie

Thumbs down Re: AlTito's NHL 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengi
AlTito,
thank you very much for always updating your slider settings year in and year out!
I am using all values from your set as originally posted by you.

Since the last NHL 20 update though from EA concerning the pivoting I have found passing while skating very "edgy". The release of the passes is not instant and feels delayed and awkward, while backhand passes are in many cases aborted by losing the puck or not getting a backhand pass off.

It's quite annoying cause also wrist shots are not instantly released. For a test, I lowered Skating Impact from 45 to 30 and it felt more natural, but still not perfect like with your slider settings before said EA update.

Do you guys experience the same while skating and trying to pass?
The release of the passes is not instant and feels delayed and awkward...yes thats since the last update! no matter wich slider sets you play
Old 12-16-2019, 02:21 PM   #99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetThePuckOut
The release of the passes is not instant and feels delayed and awkward...yes thats since the last update! no matter wich slider sets you play
Thank you for your feedback! It seems EA Sports has ruined the gameplay again like every year with its updates.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:26 PM   #100
Rookie

TopThrillAnthony's Arena

A couple of problems to note, but I'm pretty sure these are all issues that are on EA:
-If you're charging up a pass and lose the puck, your pass is canceled when you regain the puck. I'm talking about when you randomly lose the puck while skating.
-Pro Mode is far too easy on these sliders, while All-Star and Superstar are too difficult. All-Star AI spams passing and Superstar AI is just superior to you in every way.
-Input delay is felt hard here. I'll get hit after I've flicked up to take a shot and the hit will occur first. Same for passing.
Old 12-22-2019, 05:11 PM   #101
Rookie

Can these sliders be used for Be a Pro mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2019, 06:03 PM   #102
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermanVa
Can these sliders be used for Be a Pro mode?
I didn't test them in Be A Pro, so it's a bit hard to say. It would have to be tested to be sure, but I don't see why it wouldn't be the case.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #103
Rookie

mondeslicht's Arena

OVR: 1

Dear Tito,
I have a question for you. Since the new gameplay update, I find that the players lose the puck easily, do you think it'd be better to raise the slider to control the puck better?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #104
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondeslicht
Dear Tito,
I have a question for you. Since the new gameplay update, I find that the players lose the puck easily, do you think it'd be better to raise the slider to control the puck better?
You can try at first to lower Skating Impact in the Puck Control section. If it's still not enough for you, then yes, you could increase the Puck Control slider itself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »