Home

Talking to EA Developer about NHL 20!

This is a discussion on Talking to EA Developer about NHL 20! within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2019, 07:59 PM   #1
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

OVR: 0
Talking to EA Developer about NHL 20!

so I just spoke to EA Developer NHL 20 about stuff here, how's how it went down:

SuperGoalies (Evan Ashopenace) to NHL Developer

"
hey! NHL Developer! , its me SuperGoalies (Evan Jay Ashopenace)!

I have 3 Questions and Community is confused yet again, NHL 20 this time.

can u explain : Attribute Effects 0-10 , is having it at 10 Player Differation for noticable or is having it at 5 is default ?

Second Question!

do player ratings actually Matter in NHL 20, Community is confused and is not sure how if ratings matter ?

Third Question

for 20 Minutes periods, should i put shot accuracies very low again ? and raise fatigue recovery and fatigue effect

one bonus question

Goalie Persistence, u sir gave me susprise in there, I found if put it at 5 and 6 , i was finnally able to use higher shot accuracies, now is this case this year too ?

and am i your friend ?"

EA Developer Replyed to Evan Ashopenace (Super Goalies)

"
We are all friends here Evan. We all have the same goal of having a great playing virtual hockey experience.

As for your questions... Ratings matter a lot and feed into all the sub mechanics of the game. It is personal preference what sliders are best for your offline play. I see a lot of variation in people's personal rosters and they all think they have the best settings, so it is hard for me to say what would be best for you.

If you are playing with the 20 minute periods, overall, you want to start with Full Sim and further decrease accuracies and puck control most likely as in the real world, there are more loose pucks and less precision and that is what makes it harder in the time to get 30 shots on net a side than it is when our game is more forgiving in the negatives applied inside the mechanics.

For attribute effects, it is most evenly spread where it is at default so I would keep it there if you want the most variation between players.

Enjoy!"

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Talking to EA Developer about NHL 20!

Interesting that he say Attribute effects have the most difference at default 5. You would think it would be 10? I'll have to try that.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #3
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
Interesting that he say Attribute effects have the most difference at default 5. You would think it would be 10? I'll have to try that.

I know right..., I thought it'd be higher, but... I guess this is it.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:01 PM   #4
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16

Ad nauseam discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

well I just tested attribute effects : 5 , like he said, he is right, it does work, at first I was skeptical, it sure made it really sim like feel.

and I think we should be greatful he even gave me this information, tell us all key stuff does work, ratings and such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2019, 08:50 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGoalies
well I just tested attribute effects : 5 , like he said, he is right, it does work, at first I was skeptical, it sure made it really sim like feel.

and I think we should be greatful he even gave me this information, tell us all key stuff does work, ratings and such.
Well, he's your friend after all.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:53 PM   #7
MVP

SuperGoalies's Arena

your right .
Old 09-18-2019, 09:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul

Idk if that’s what he was saying. He said it was the most evenly spread out at 5, that doesn’t necessarily mean it has the largest differentiation.

Think about this way, at 5, everyone will be “evenly spread out” so an 85 feels marginally worse than an 87 but marginally better than an 83. At attribute effect 10, the 85 feels substantially worse than the 87 (assuming all stats are equally better/worse which obviously wouldn’t be the case) and substantially better than the 83.

If you’re still with me, that means the attribute effect slider when cranked up to 10 creates solid divisions between the haves and the have-nots. This could be detrimental to the “sim” experience as it would make 1st liners unbelievable and 4th liners literally almost unusable.

Home of the Elite Virtual Hockey League - An offline eSport Simulation League

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »