Home

PernellKarl076's Slider Set

This is a discussion on PernellKarl076's Slider Set within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2020, 07:44 AM   #17
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I really want to like these because of the chaos, but I can't help but want to throw my controller at the CPU making split-second decisions and getting EVERY 50-50 puck. Not only that, but they can chop away at me with stick lifts all day and never get a high sticking.

I don't know, man. I'm happy these work for you, but when the CPU starts putting the pressure on, you might as well put your controller down, they are going to get that puck no matter how hard you try. Doesn't help that my AI teammates are complete imbeciles either.

Gave them a good 10 game test...not for me. Thank you for contributing your slider set!!

I don’t think this is fixable with sliders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #18
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NHL 20 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

I’m liking these so far. I haven’t played in over a month so I’m still getting my game back into shape. I’ve never been a fan of manual passing but I like it with these. The game is definitely very sloppy which I like. I’ll play a few more games over the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2020, 02:54 PM   #19
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 20 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleacherCreature
I’m liking these so far. I haven’t played in over a month so I’m still getting my game back into shape. I’ve never been a fan of manual passing but I like it with these. The game is definitely very sloppy which I like. I’ll play a few more games over the next few days.
Glad you like them

Lots of things I love about this set, but there's a few things that bugs me, working on tweaks right now...

Needs more penalties (not too hard to adjust)
AI way too aggressive on the PK (almost impossible to set up when on the PP)
Will be lowering aggressiveness, might be good for better defensive positioning also...

Testing stuff and liking what I'm seeing so far

As far as manual passing, I believe it’s a must in different game situation, you'll like it even more once you get used to it
Old 01-15-2020, 06:28 PM   #20
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
First of all thanks trying these out, if you played around 10 games with them, there must have been something you liked, lol !

As far as high sticking penalty, the slider is set to MAX, I’ll try lowering the stick lift effectiveness to see if that changes anything...

I'll try to post a video of my gameplay later today, because I'm not seeing all the stuff you are, the 50-50 are pretty much 50-50 for me

Anyways Thanks !

I'll also post a few tweaks later on today for the ones interested.
I always give sliders a 10-game trial because I have to get used to them and then properly evaluate. It might be a matter of me just not being good. I like the chaos and sloppiness of the games and that I'm not overpowering anybody with my Rangers, but I just couldn't get over some of the things I mentioned before. Above all, I just wasn't having fun.

Again, I'm happy they work for you and others who are using them! Thank you for bringing something different to the table.
Old 01-15-2020, 08:43 PM   #21
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
I always give sliders a 10-game trial because I have to get used to them and then properly evaluate. It might be a matter of me just not being good. I like the chaos and sloppiness of the games and that I'm not overpowering anybody with my Rangers, but I just couldn't get over some of the things I mentioned before. Above all, I just wasn't having fun.

Again, I'm happy they work for you and others who are using them! Thank you for bringing something different to the table.
Good stuff... The thing is that on 50-50 battles is that you have to get your player close to the one who has the puck, and since the puck is loose, you just have to shrug him off per say and the rest will do it by itself, no need to poke or lift, that's what I love about it... I like it when I take a certain angle hitting them, not to hurt them, but to loosen the puck and take it away....

If you have a hard time, you can also play with player lock, it gives you less to manage all at once
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2020, 10:48 AM   #22
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Updated the sliders on the 1st post... More penalties, more space and time on the PP and better defensive positioning by reducing the aggression slider quite a bit.... Not gonna touch them for awhile, I think it's perfect !

jkra, I played a game with the Rangers last night against the Pens and ended up losing 2-1 in shoutout, it was a hell of a game.... After that I played a game while position lock LW with the Rangers and had the best time of my life ! Didn't really test my sliders while position lock before, let me tell you, it's amazing !

1st game was against the Flyers and I think Hart had a bad one in the system, I was leading 3-0 after the 1st. ended up 5-0 NYR

Was having a blast with Panarin, Kakko and company, so I decided to start a season with them, Won 3-0 against the Jets and 6-2 against the Senators. I really think position lock is the way to go... The way I play, is that I never, never call for a pass, I just position myself in the best spot possible and the AI will pass it if you're open

I will post a few vids for you guys, for starters, here's the end of game 1 against the Jets...

https://youtu.be/uqTCiKhU_Q4

Will post a few more vids later on

Last edited by PernellKarl076; 01-16-2020 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Video link
Old 01-16-2020, 10:56 PM   #23
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

I started a season with the Rangers and I'm having a blast ! Only playing in position lock as a RW...

The 3rd game against the Oilers started on wrong foot, it was 3-0 for them and McDavid was on fire... But you know what, these guys never quit, we ended up winning the game and here is the end of the game on video

https://youtu.be/clvVJk9pVFU

Defeated the Devils 4-1 and won a very tight game 3-2 against the Caps.... For anyone who cares, here's a couple of minutes from each games...

https://youtu.be/amvOFCxJW-E
https://youtu.be/Ex0_Ny43TcU

So the Blushirts are 5-0 to start the season, who would have thought ! I think the game fits me better by playing position lock and having Zibanejad and Panarin on fire truly helps, lol !

If you love hockey, you owe it to yourself to try this set
Old 01-21-2020, 03:17 PM   #24
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Minor updates on the sliders but oh, so very important

Here is a video of gameplay of the 1st. Period between the Rangers and Islanders. Hope you enjoy all the little details that this brings...

Playing LW lock to show off the AI more...

1st. Period NYI vs NYR

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »