Home

PernellKarl076's Slider Set

This is a discussion on PernellKarl076's Slider Set within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2020, 11:15 AM   #42
Rookie

Re: NHL 20 PernellKarl076's Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Ok, ok, you guys don't know me, but I've been watching this site and playing EA's NHL Hockey for a long, long time... I may be late to the party, but I wanted to share this set with you guys... I've been trying to find a perfect set of sliders for as long as I can remember and with the help of some of the guru's around here and tweaking, testing, tweaking, testing, I've been able to adjust the sliders to find the game of Hockey I've always wanted. I'm in hockey heaven right now !

First off, I'm an offline player at the core, and I've always wanted a game that plays like real Hockey. So beware, if you are a kid that likes easy and arcade type stuff, please stay away, this set is not for you...

The gameplay is loose and fast like real hockey... I've adjusted all the settings equal for both Human and AI. I have played around 20 games with this set and never felt cheated by the AI, not once ! And believe me, that's a first... I've lost games where I had a big smile on my face because the game gave me what I was looking for. Now that's saying something, lol !

Try these out and in my humble opinion, you'll never go back to anything else. We have all our style of play, but this one fits my style and I've literally been on the edge of my seat playing this set...

****NOTE: Manual line changes is a must, cause you know when to make them, when set on Auto, you will be caught with your pants down often...

- The puck is loose, and puck protection as never been more important.

- Quick decisions is a priority, I've never really use one touch-passing like this before and now it's a must have, lol !

- For me 12 minutes periods is more than enough and you really get in the game... But this set can be played in 15 min. periods no problems...

- Not really looking for super realistic stats, GAMEPLAY is the true priority for me... But I know shots totals are even on the low side, even if I shoot way more often than the regular guy, lol !

(Last update, January 27th. 2020)

Quick Settings
NHL Experience: I am an expert
Controls: Skill Stick
Difficulty: All-Star
Gameplay Preset: Custom (FULL SIM)
On Ice Trainer: OFF
Shot Aim: Assist or Manual

Rules
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Post Whistle Rules: Authentic
Rules: Custom (NHL)
Fighting: 1
Icing: Hybrid Icing
Injuries: On
Offsides: Delayed
Penalties: 4
Tie Break: 5 min (3 on3) then shootout
Trapezoid Rule: Off
Penalty Time Scaling: 0
Coincidental Penalty Time Scale: 0

Game Settings
Game Play Presets: Custom (Full Sim)
Game Style: Custom (Full Sim)
Period Length: 11 or 12 Minutes
Difficulty: All-Star
Camera: Dynamic Low or Medium
Goalie Camera: High
Shootout Camera: Dynamic Low
Away Line Changes: Manual
Away Shot Aim: Manual
Home Line Changes: Manual
Home Shot Aim: Manual

Gameplay Sliders

GENERAL
Gameplay Version: 1.00
Game Style – Custom (Full Sim)
Attribute Effects : 10
Broken Stick Frequency : 67
Game Speed : 0
Fatigue Effect : 100-MAX
Fatigue Recovery : 55
Injury Occurrence : 40

SKATING
Back Skating: 67
Hustle Type : Authentic
Puck Carrier Agility : 41
Puck Carrier Skating: 25
Player Acceleration : 50
Skating Speed : 67
Skating Agility : 55

SHOOTING
One Timer Accuracy : 34
Shot Accuracy : 47
Shot Power : 48
Slap Shot Accuracy : 52
Slap Shot Power : 48

PASSING * To get the desired effect, these must be exact. *
Manual Passing - ON
Pass Assist : 12
Min Pass Speed: 24
Max Pass Speed: 77
Saucer Pass Speed : 50
Pass Accuracy : 7
Pass Interceptions : 71
Pass Reception Ease : 50
Reception Reaction Time : 100-MAX
Puck Control Rating Effect : 62
Puck Speed Reception Effect : 86
Pickup Type Effect : 100-MAX
Bouncing Puck Receptions : 14

PUCK CONTROL
Incidental Contact Puck Loss : Stick , Legs and Body
Incidental Stick Contact Immunity : 0
Puck Control : 49
Deking Impact : 49
Spin Deke Impact : 39
Skating Impact : 79

GOALIES
Goalie Cover Frequency : 55
Goalie Passing : 65
Goalie Cross Crease Reaction Time : 100
Goalie Save Reaction Time : 25
Goalie Deflection Reaction Time : 25
Goalie Screen Effect : 75
Goalie Screen Persistence : 45

CHECKING
Board Effect Non-Puck Carrier : 7
Board Effect Puck Carrier : 7
Hitting Assistance : 12
Stumble Threshold : 100-Max
Fall and Stumble Fall Ease: 20
Aggression : 34
Hitting Power : 27
Size Effect : 40
Speed Effect : 30
Checking/Balance Rating Effect : 100-Max
Preparedness Effect : 39
Incidental Contact Effect : 55
Poke Checking Accuracy : 100-Max
Poke Checking Power : 50
Stick Lift Effectiveness : 20

PENALTIES
CPU Penalties: 37
CPU Teammate Penalties: 37
Tripping: 20
Slashing : 5
Elbowing : 100-Max
High Sticking : 100-Max
Cross Checking: 100-Max
Boarding : 60
Charging : 50
Delay of Game : 75
Holding : 45
Hooking : 20
Interference : 85

AI
AI Learning: 0
CPU Difficulty Adjustment: 0
CPU Faceoff Difficulty: 65
Fight Difficulty: 50
CPU Strategy Adjustment: 0 (strongly suggested if you don't wanna see EA's under the hood stuff)
User Strategy Adjustment: 0
BAP Strategy Adjustment: 5

-----------

Hope you like this set like I do and let me know how they went for you... Thanks !
Thanks for making this set! I just played a Be a Pro game as a goalie and loved the feel of the game. Lost 1-0 with 30 shots against and only 12 shots for.

Any suggestions/tweaks to try and get that offense up on my teams end? I know it’s a small sample size, I’ll keep trying them out.

Overall, good feel for the game as a goalie.

Cheers!
Old 02-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #43
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishsticks
Thanks for making this set! I just played a Be a Pro game as a goalie and loved the feel of the game. Lost 1-0 with 30 shots against and only 12 shots for.

Any suggestions/tweaks to try and get that offense up on my teams end? I know it’s a small sample size, I’ll keep trying them out.

Overall, good feel for the game as a goalie.

Cheers!

First thanks for trying this set out ! Yes, I also am having a blast with them

Yes you have a small sample size here, the AI will have better games on offense don't worry... I mostly play position lock but never as a goalie and the games are pretty much well balanced from both sides...

Have fun and keep us updated on your time with the set
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 02-02-2020, 08:49 PM   #44
MVP

PernellKarl076's Arena

Here's an update on my season with the Rangers, playing mostly on LW position lock...

26W-21L-3 OTL in 50 games for the 5th. Position in the Metropolitan division.

Team Leaders
Artemi Panarin 22G-15A for 37 PTS in 49 games.
Chris Kreider 21G-15A for 36 PTS in 50 games.

27th. in the league for GF - Averaging 2.50 Goals For per game.
15th. In the league in GA - Averaging 2.88 Goals Against per game.
Powerplay Rank 30th. at 10,6 % ouch ! lol !
Penalty Kill Rank 29th. at 80.8 % ouch again !

Not quite good individual and team stats, but this team never quits and are on a surprising run of 7-3-0 in the last 10 games. Also played around 8-9 games on Superstar difficulty during the season..

P.S. Made a few minor changes in the set on the first page. Thanks !
Follow me on your favourite TUBE (Videos backstories often in my Slider Thread)
Old 02-26-2020, 09:20 PM   #45
Rookie

Trying these bad boys out

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 11:25 PM   #46
Rookie

AllIn989's Arena

Pernal i was wond if you could post the stratgies you use for franchise thanks
Old 03-24-2020, 02:56 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PernellKarl076
Ok, ok, you guys don't know me, but I've been watching this site and playing EA's NHL Hockey for a long, long time... I may be late to the party, but I wanted to share this set with you guys... I've been trying to find a perfect set of sliders for as long as I can remember and with the help of some of the guru's around here and tweaking, testing, tweaking, testing, I've been able to adjust the sliders to find the game of Hockey I've always wanted. I'm in hockey heaven right now !

Hope you like this set like I do and let me know how they went for you... Thanks !
Hi Karl,

Thanks for these sliders!
I'am having a blast now, after stepping away from the recent NHL games, that just sucked lately tbh... actually, I came back with the '19, which was decent and gave me a little hope.

Still, I mainly played Nhl'04 Rebuilt on PC (check it out btw, it's amazing). Anyway, I gave Nhl'20 a chance seeing some nice improvements that I was looking for: better skating (building up on '19), puck pickups, shots and goalie animations, etc.

Now to your sliders. I like the game as realistic as possible and intense so these seemed to be for me!

I tested them on 4-5 games, and I was liking the general feel/slopiness, stats were alright (I know it's not the objective anyway), but... I was getting destroyed! I mean I don't care to lose, mind me, but that was straightup total domination: Outshot 38 -20 or something like that. In the end, I lost most games, 4-2, 4-1.

Which is alright, but it's the way I lost that wasn't really fun... the ai somehow was dancing around me for long minutes in my defensive zone, making perfect passes, at a crazy pace! Quite infuriating.

And I can say I am quite experienced with those games, playing since Nhl'98 and doing mutliple full seasons almost every year... Maybe I said, it's because I play on True Broadcast cam (again, I like to make it look like I'm playing THE game, not A game, if you know what I mean). Anyway, I tried another camera but I don't like the other options, too "video-gamey" for me.

THEN (I'm almost done don't worry), I played a game with Position Lock (on RW, that the position I had IRL)...

and, it clicked!
It just clicked and it was a whole other game, playing beautifully, not necessarily easier. Yes, it is a bit in defense at least and that was my weakness, now I don't have to worry too much about 'running around' (I stick to my position at the blue line and let my teammates take care of the rest in front of the net).

And the flow of the game is just perfect, I love having to try to create spaces, good passing lanes, etc. You say you never call for a pass, I would disagree here. Yes it's better not to use it too much, but still when you are in a good position it's so rewarding to call it and be able to take a good shot or pass it further for a good play...

I think I use it twice or three times a period, and always when I am sure it won't get intercepted (which happens anyway, of course, that's something nice about these sets too. The development of play in the neutral zone is great, the puck is 'alive' and highly fought for, with little pushes, stick lifts, interceptions, etc.)

So, in conclusion: try these sliders with Position Lock! it's great.
cheers

Last edited by lepiney; 04-10-2020 at 04:21 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:41 AM   #48
Rookie

Ok, it's me again...

I tried to play "unlocked position" once more. Some games, actually. It is starting to feel right, I am having fun! It's intense, you have to be careful on every passes, on your defensive positioning, and knowing when it's time to just dump the puck too...

Hockey, baby. It's great! I'm still getting slightly outshot, but that's alright, scores are fair and the way the plays develop is just perfect (to my liking at least, the slopiness and hard-fought pucks might not be for everybody)

Thank you again PernellKarl076!
cheers

Last edited by lepiney; 04-10-2020 at 04:19 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »