Home

CPU only shoots close to goal

This is a discussion on CPU only shoots close to goal within the EA Sports NHL Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2022, 02:12 PM   #9
Pro

The EVHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU only shoots close to goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
Looks like you are my long lost EA NHL twin brother....check the screenshots
Okay cleared my cache and now I can see the screenshots...those are awesome lol! Rather than doing NHL teams, I'm creating my own league and everyone will have equal attributes and strategies used + I'll play 1/2 the game with each team! You should check out my discord if you find the project interesting, you can make a CAP and put them on a team of your choosing!

Last edited by The EVHL; 02-11-2022 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #10
Rookie

Hey Phillyfan...Like what you've done there! Couple of questions, what slider set do you use? For the strat settings what numbers are you not including with the Offensive and Defensive Lines? I know the offensive lines have four different settings and the defensive lines have two.
Old 02-12-2022, 04:19 AM   #11
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
CPU only shoots close to goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKA2024
Hey Phillyfan...Like what you've done there! Couple of questions, what slider set do you use? For the strat settings what numbers are you not including with the Offensive and Defensive Lines? I know the offensive lines have four different settings and the defensive lines have two.

I use this for nhl 20 and use my own slider set. The reason why i dont use 21/22 is because of the cpu dmen offensive ai discussed in this thread.

The d line settings are pinch/hold line and cycle/shoot.

All d lines I set at 10 for cycle/shoot to promote cpu dmen shot aggressiveness (works great) so the only settings that are different team to team and line to line on the defense is the hold line/ pinch settings.

For offensive lines, i use 5/10 for cycle/shoot for all teams and lines.

Things that are varied are dump/carry, energy, and block shots settings.

Like hipnotic said, doing this will make your gameplay experience much better, because you can feel the difference between conservative teams ( dallas, islanders) vs high octane (edmonton, pit, washington) or even a carry team vs dump and chase team.

These team strategies are not random, as I researched each team's strategies and tendencies. This was done around 6 months ago. The flyers for example with the fired vigneault were heavy on the dump ins and stretch passes. Islanders offensive lines according to my research was heavy dump and chase heavy forecheck team except the Barzal line, which carried the puck in zone most times. I tried to reflect that in the settings.

Powerplay/Pk , breakouts, def strategies were all based on research. Im sure there are mistakes here, coz this was done only by one person. But i guess it could be a starting template and each teams' fans could chime in with their team set up to make this excel sheet even more accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by phillyfan23; 02-12-2022 at 10:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2022, 11:17 AM   #12
Rookie

Thanks for the explanation! I try to set up teams in season mode with accurate strategy settings, but yours seem to be much more researched than mine.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:56 AM   #13
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HipNotiiC_x
Okay cleared my cache and now I can see the screenshots...those are awesome lol! Rather than doing NHL teams, I'm creating my own league and everyone will have equal attributes and strategies used + I'll play 1/2 the game with each team! You should check out my discord if you find the project interesting, you can make a CAP and put them on a team of your choosing!

Im actually right now trying your sliders and they feel very different than default settings and feel better for sure. The lower agility makes skating have great weight to it. Like it a lot.

How are you promoting cpu dmen shooting in these sliders? Could you elaborate into that?

What did you change in the sliders to make this happen more?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-12-2022, 12:09 PM   #14
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

double post

Last edited by phillyfan23; 02-13-2022 at 12:24 AM. Reason: double post
Old 04-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 1

PhillyFan
How are you doing buddy---grettings from the UK.
Going to pop a PM over to you as I am definatley tracking this info.

For the past decade, in order to get real seperation between the players I spend about 2 months reducing a lot of the Player Attributes (especially Puck Control, and Endurance ) to make the "Stars" shine out.

(This has been a massive pain this year, with having to wait for a patch to fix the "syncing" bug, then the first Roster Update was missing player Portraits, and Play by Play names, which caused me to have to restart)
Finally, we were good to go...managed to get through 60 games of my Offline Season)--then the recent Patch dropped and knocked EVERYTHING out of whack again....

POST PATCH (66 games in on S/STAR) , suddenly the CPU wasnt shooting on net, apart from when it moves towards the goal (point shots, deflections/ tip ins dissapeared), and vise versa, every slap shout /point shot I attempted were "muffled" out before they got anywhere near.
Theres no or little variation in goals any more, no tips/defelctions, no breakaways etc,t off the rush snipes etc:
even the CPU will collect the puck, my D will collapse, move into the slot and fire...and thats pretty much it?!

Desperate to continue (having spent 3 months on it), but really finding the game now plays without any realistic flow.
For ALL its faults. (and I know I am probably alone here) but NHL 21 (eventually at least) played a more varied game.

ANY INFO /HELP WOULD BE MASSIVE.

Last edited by johnnydrum; 04-10-2022 at 11:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2022, 11:46 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 1

PhillyFan
How are you doing buddy---grettings from the UK.
Going to pop a PM over to you as I am definatley tracking this info.

For the past decade, in order to get real seperation between the players I spend about 2 months reducing a lot of the Player Attributes (especially Puck Control, and Endurance ) to make the "Stars" shine out.

(This has been a massive pain this year, with having to wait for a patch to fix the "syncing" bug, then the first Roster Update was missing player Portraits, and Play by Play names, which caused me to have to restart)
Finally, we were good to go...managed to get through 60 games of my Offline Season)--then the recent Patch dropped and knocked EVERYTHING out of whack again....
Suddenly the CPU wasnt shooting on net, apart from when it moves towards the goal (point shots, deflections/ tip ins dissapeared), and vise versa, every slap shout /point shot I attempted were "muffled" out before they got anywhere near.
Desperate to continue (having spent 3 months on it), but really finding the game now plays without any realistic flow.
For ALL its faults. (and I know I am probably alone here) but NHL 21 (eventually at least) played a more varied game.
ANY INFO /HELP WOULD BE MASSIVE.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Sliders »