Home

Cycloniac's NHL 12 Music Pack

This is a discussion on Cycloniac's NHL 12 Music Pack within the EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #17
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Cycloniac's NHL 12 Music Pack

Goal Horn Pack (with goal songs) added to first page!

Old 12-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Update: NHL Intros completed!
Old 01-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not sure how accurate the rest of your intros are because your Sharks one isn't even close. =[
Old 01-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #20
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint0wen
Not sure how accurate the rest of your intros are because your Sharks one isn't even close. =[
As far as I'm aware, they still use "Seek And Destroy" when they take the ice, couldn't find much info this season. However, if you could give me what they use, I'd be happy to update it.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

They do use "Seek and Destroy," but why does it not start until 30 seconds into your intro theme? That song does not start the moment they step on the ice, it never has! I happen to know this since I'm at the games all the time but you can easily see this in any YouTube video. Basically if you're going to have any type of lead-in, it should be the appopriate 6-10 seconds of the Jaws theme and then "Seek and Destroy" hits a good 20 seconds BEFORE the players come out. Their Tuesday night jumbotron video theme, which I believe is what you have playing for the first 30 seconds, shouldn't have ANY part of this intro at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #22
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint0wen
They do use "Seek and Destroy," but why does it not start until 30 seconds into your intro theme? That song does not start the moment they step on the ice, it never has! I happen to know this since I'm at the games all the time but you can easily see this in any YouTube video. Basically if you're going to have any type of lead-in, it should be the appopriate 6-10 seconds of the Jaws theme and then "Seek and Destroy" hits a good 20 seconds BEFORE the players come out. Their Tuesday night jumbotron video theme, which I believe is what you have playing for the first 30 seconds, shouldn't have ANY part of this intro at all.
Hmm, thank you for these nuggets of information. I structured the intros based on this formula:
First 30 seconds = jumbotron video
30 Seconds + = the track which plays when the players take the ice.

For instance: since I'm a Flyers fan, I know that they still use Rammstein's "Du Hast" when they take the ice. Their jumbotron is Voltbeat's "A Warrior's Call," so I use those two.

Since I didn't wanna just use "Seek and Destroy" for the Sharks intro, I did their tron first. But since you've said this, I can use Jaws + Seek and Destroy, but what track do they take the ice with?

Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #23
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

I took another look at clips of the Sharks intro, and my fried, I've seen the Sharks take the ice to "Seek And Destroy" multiple times. My Sharks intro is perfectly accurate. If you mean that "Seek And Destroy" should have began earlier, fine, but the Sharks do take the ice to this song.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

Cycloniac - Maybe what Saint0wen is trying to say is this: They do take the ice with Seek and Destroy, though the first thirteen-fourteen seconds (the part of the teams coming down the tunnel) is a quick snippet of the Jaws theme before it transitions into Metallica's Seek and Destroy.

This video should help clarify it. At 1:40 the Jaws theme starts, and at 1:53-54 Seek and Destroy begins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3h6MdZ9VcA

I used yo have a file with this intro perfectly, but I'm looking through my stuff, I can't find it. If I do find it, I can post it.

The playoff intro is a little different, the Shark head lowers from the rafters accompanied by the first minute or two of Do You Think I'm a Saxon (I'm not sure if there's time in the game to put that in there, since the playoff cut scene is similar to the regular season, but one can wish) - Sometimes I think the Sharks players used to get too intimidated by their own playoff intro! Hopefully if so, they are over that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy > EA Sports NHL Sounds Forum »