Home

NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4)

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2014, 08:26 PM   #361
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15 Demo Available Now, Post Your Impressions (Xbox One, PS4)

I don't know if it's ok to post this here, but I did try it in the demo. I was thinking with the mics if they could integrate line changes with speaking. I had the mic plugged in and I was like hmm what if... so I said offence line 1 defense line 2, but duh it didn't work.
I personally think that could be something to add. Instead of changing on the fly and looking at the screen for the lines, or even saying pull goalie.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #362
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
I think there are some REAL challenges they're faceing with developing the AI. I want the game as close as possible as the next hardest hardcore fan, but I just realized that we are expecting way too much from the Vancouver dev team.
Well if I am paying the whole amount then yes...I expect that they are doing their best to have a better programming. But of course they will not admit your theory if that is real. But what they were doing is that they remove some aspects of the game and then bring it back after 2-3 years. Also the modes like BaGM offline is untouch for several years now. Lack of penalties....no neutral zone....and more.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #363
Rookie

newjerseydamo's Arena

OVR: 2

Not sure just how good the game is when I can do this....

http://youtu.be/GTMRWDQLWdQ
Old 08-29-2014, 09:49 PM   #364
Banned

OVR: 27

If that happens pretty often, then yes, that should be fixed. But if it's a rare occurrence, then they should leave it alone. Anything can happen out there. There's weird bounces all the time in the NHL.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:29 AM   #365
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm so sick of people and their "Oh poor NHL dev team they are so small and don't have the resources" argument . I say bull **** to that it shouldn't matter how big the team is the consumer doesn't need to know any of that . They are charging the same price for their game as the massive FIFA team no?
All that matters is can they deliver the final product to us on time and with what was expected.
Granted with gaming the consumer doesn't really get a say we get what they give us but can you imagine the same practices in other business?
you would expect a discount and probably be so upset with said company you would never use them again.
Its horse**** i tell ya.

They act like its no big deal. Well i hope it bites them in the arse this time big style.
I couldn't give a rats if it gets canceled at this point, some humble pie might do them good but i doubt they would even bat an eyelid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2014, 12:57 AM   #366
Rookie

m_maclean24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide
I'm so sick of people and their "Oh poor NHL dev team they are so small and don't have the resources" argument . I say bull **** to that it shouldn't matter how big the team is the consumer doesn't need to know any of that . They are charging the same price for their game as the massive FIFA team no?
All that matters is can they deliver the final product to us on time and with what was expected.
Granted with gaming the consumer doesn't really get a say we get what they give us but can you imagine the same practices in other business?
you would expect a discount and probably be so upset with said company you would never use them again.
Its horse**** i tell ya.

They act like its no big deal. Well i hope it bites them in the arse this time big style.
I couldn't give a rats if it gets canceled at this point, some humble pie might do them good but i doubt they would even bat an eyelid.
Right on...I think as with any other product in the world if you really want a good discount you could choose not to buy the game. That's 100% discount - especially if you don't care if it is cancelled.

Last edited by m_maclean24; 08-30-2014 at 01:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:29 AM   #367
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by venga
{PS4} Please stop saying graphics are "great" or even "good" : this is definitely 720p w/smoothing filters !

Only NBC presentation is 1080p.

First i thought i was still on PS360.

This is EA...
I would really like some clarification. Other games on my PS4 looks razor sharp and next-gen. For some reason the NHL 15 demo to me looks washed out and somewhat fuzzy / out of focus.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:56 AM   #368
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
This is why I dont understand the concept of sliders. Why is there a player acceleration slider, puck control slider, ect? Shouldn't the player's respective attribute control him?smh
Players should be controlled by attributes but isnt in EAs game nowadays. Things that slider should do though, is change how AI acts and plays and how hard/easy they are to play against.

A problem as I see it, and this is something other people also thought of before, is that there are too few sliders. For example in NBA2K games there are like 60 sliders that changes things like changing attributes globally, frequency of fouls (in NHL it should be penalties :P) etc. You cant compare hockey to basketball but the principle should be adopted in the NHL series.

There are also to few attributes that controls players. Again, in NBA2K, each player has different attributes that controls HOW the player acts and what tendencies they got which is something the NHL series lacks

This is only a few things that I miss in NHL games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »