Home

NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Stars within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 04:59 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

I noticed some changes to the game for the "over 100 part". Hitting is harder to do and recorded video actually records every sound. Also heard some new lines and audio itself.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: NHL 15 Free Content Update #1 Available Now - Playoff Mode, Coach Feedback, 3 Sta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
ummm, no. Season Mode is special because you can play an entire season controlling multiple teams in any league. Be a GM is restricted to single-team control in the NHL. its completely different
I understand there is some subtle differences between Be a GM and "Season" mode, but I'd prefer to see more resources dedicated to fix issues in the present Be a GM before complaining about the lack of a single-season game mode. That's not to take EA off the hook for lack of game modes in this development cycle, but in prioritizing resources at the present to give those who spent $60 the best possible game, a generic rehashed NHL 14 season mode is well at the bottom of the wish list, just seems like a waste of resources at this point IMHO. I'd prefer an improved BAGM and no season over a mediocre BAGM and rehashed season mode.

Last edited by rjsuperfly66; 09-23-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
I understand there is some subtle differences between Be a GM and "Season" mode, but I'd prefer to see more resources dedicated to fix issues in the present Be a GM before complaining about the lack of a single-season game mode. That's not to take EA off the hook for lack of game modes in this development cycle, but in prioritizing resources at the present to give those who spent $60 the best possible game, a generic rehashed NHL 14 season mode is well at the bottom of the wish list, just seems like a waste of resources at this point IMHO. I'd prefer an improved BAGM and no season over a mediocre BAGM and rehashed season mode.
My reason for wanting a season mode is I like to play an OHL season as my hometown team, if I could BAGM in the OHL that'd be fine, but season mode has been the only option since NHL11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
I noticed some changes to the game for the "over 100 part". Hitting is harder to do and recorded video actually records every sound. Also heard some new lines and audio itself.
What game mode are you playing in? I'm in the middle of BeAGM and don't want to have to restart to get the changes
Old 09-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #37
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsuperfly66
Well there are a lot of people who would disagree. Everyone is entitled to their thing that they prioritize. If you like GM mode that's cool and yes you should want that fixed first and foremost. I, like many others like season mode. In season mode we were able to control all teams and rosters and not have to deal with all the front office stuff. As BeaGM stands now you can only control one team and even with all the things turned off you turn off, the CPU still signs free agents from the FA list leaving you with unrealistic team rosters. You also cannot force trades from CPU teams to CPU teams so you cannot make trades as they happen during the real season. If they allowed us full Roster control in BeaGM I Could live with it but I don't see that making it in to this years game. That being said no sports game should ever be released without the basic mode in which that league actually does....play a season. Here's to hoping we all get our wish. Cheers
Old 09-23-2014, 07:12 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoBs2007
What game mode are you playing in? I'm in the middle of BeAGM and don't want to have to restart to get the changes
I just played a Play Now but it should be in every game mode.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #39
Rookie

i think there will no season mode or sim to shifts in any post lanch update. i don't know how u could play with european teams in a league.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:04 PM   #40
MVP

SENS_AK27's Arena

OVR: 16

I can confirm that the 3 Stars have been added to my already started BaGM. I just had to hit L1/R1 on the menu after the game ended.

So we have that going for us I guess. Still hoping for a Player Editor and that this Draft gets implemented properly.
GLES - USC

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »