Home

The Presentation and Announcing Is Embarrassing

This is a discussion on The Presentation and Announcing Is Embarrassing within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #49
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Presentation and Announcing Is Embarrassing

We're complaining about goddamn TIES now?! My god, you guys really are stretching for things to whine about at this point.

Last edited by spidertour02; 10-07-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 8

This game just does not do Doc Emrick justice :-/

Xbox Live - SaveUs D2J
Old 10-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #51
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceZeroz
This game just does not do Doc Emrick justice :-/
I plead for anyone to turn to the Boston vs. Philly game and listen to Doc.

EASPORTSNHL has to find a way to perhaps take commentary from real life games like tonights and incorporate Doc's enthuisiasm and excitement....he just isn't Doc at all in the game really

Boston just scores...listen to his goal call! No where to be found in the game! ughhhh...

Find a way to get this man's excitement into the game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 12:15 PM   #52
Rookie

They could've taken audio from ANY of the 1000+ games that Doc has done over his career, so they can't give the 'time constraint' excuse. This is just pure laziness on EA's behalf!
Old 10-13-2014, 03:11 AM   #53
MVP

SwedishTouch76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid-Bri
The presentation, while not as good as it could be, is still a nice step up from last-gen...

The commentary, though, is quite terrible... Distractingly bad at times. "Recoiling" has gotta be the most annoying one for me so far. Along with "Waffle board" (WTF does that even mean?) Players passing "geometrically" is another goody...
They have Mike Emrick in. He uses those terms
Old 10-13-2014, 06:37 PM   #54
Rookie

GrandMaster B's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
I can deal with the commentary although some very annoying lines being repeated. It's the lack of stat banners in gm mode that kill this for me. Look at nba and madden, stats galore keeping you updated on game and season performance. In nhl nothing! How hard was it to put in the amount of goals a player has on the season when he scores? Basic stuff.
This. Spot on.

Gamertag: BMann1976
PSN ID: Introvert1976
Old 10-15-2014, 12:50 PM   #55
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reth316
I can deal with the commentary although some very annoying lines being repeated. It's the lack of stat banners in gm mode that kill this for me. Look at nba and madden, stats galore keeping you updated on game and season performance. In nhl nothing! How hard was it to put in the amount of goals a player has on the season when he scores? Basic stuff.
That drives me nuts in this series. I wish the NHL series would get with the times on a lot of things. I want coaches who use players on the power play and top lines based on their scoring. If a backup is outperforming the starter, he should be starting.
I would love to see something besides the usual "This play has points in however many games" or "this player hasn't scored in...". When a goalie gets a big win, i want to see the goalie react and the players surround them. A rookie's first goal could get it's own animation. Hell player separation and better presentation could do a lot to make the game so much less stale.

Rivalry games, playoff games, preseason game...it all feels the exact same. Aside from the markings on the ice and the towels, you can't tell it's the post season. Every team sells out, and every stadium is the same level of "We're quietly gathered to watch hockey, and stand up to clap between selfies".
I want to hear the roar of the fans when my rookie scores his first goal, or we tie up the game with 10 seconds left against a rival. Clinching the post season or being eliminated...just do something to make it so that i don't feel like i'm playing the same team every game, just with different jerseys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2014, 02:43 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Iscah
I agree. Even just a few different ties would have been nice.
They do have different ties...green, red, and black for Doc. Not that I really care, I'd rather have one wardrobe but with many different lines. Especially if they start intercutting multiple clips in a single game such as intermission highlights.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »