Home

NHL 16: Let's Talk About the Features

This is a discussion on NHL 16: Let's Talk About the Features within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2015, 03:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: NHL 16: Let's Talk About the Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I have a couple questions, just out of curiosity:

1.When you get the Legend card, do you care less about playing in the past?

2. Are you saying you want online playoffs or online leagues to just play with friends, right?

3. Do you not like longer seasons because you're anti-simulating but want to get to more seasons?
1. It took me a long time to get a legend card so I was almost done with the game soon after I got there. I always thought the problem with eashl was the match making, the match ups sometimes just made no sense. By the way my team always sucked we never won a championship but had fun and progressing my player or moving my points around to different attributes was part of the fun it's what kept me playing the mode.
2. Yes. Play with friends online.
3. I don't like simming and it takes to long for me to finish a season hence drafting and player developement are meaningless if I'm only getting to play 2 or 3 seasons. If I want to sim i would just get a text sim game for my pc .

Last edited by TDKing; 05-19-2015 at 03:53 PM. Reason: .
Old 05-19-2015, 03:58 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
1. It took me a long time to get a legend card so I was almost done with the game soon after I got there. I always thought the problem with eashl was the match making, the match ups sometimes just made no sense. By the way my team always sucked we never won a championship but had fun and progressing my player or moving my points around to different attributes was part of the fun it's what kept me playing the mode.
2. Yes. Play with friends online.
3. I don't like simming and it takes to long for me to finish a season hence drafting and player developement are meaningless if I'm only getting to play 2 or 3 seasons. If I want to sim i would just get a text sim game for my pc .
What's your problem with simming or playing shorter period games? You can play 3 minute periods and finish a game in like 15 minutes tops. I'm just wondering that's all.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:36 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
What's your problem with simming or playing shorter period games? You can play 3 minute periods and finish a game in like 15 minutes tops. I'm just wondering that's all.
Simming games creates a detatchment for me it's hard to explain. I want to play all the games and not have the computer determine the outcomes of some of my games. I tried just simming road games and such but I just don't like it. 3 minute periods is just to short I play 8 to 10 minute periods. I don't understand why this can't be an option it was an option in some sports games on a ps2 for for Pete's sake. Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #12
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Hmmm... Is it just me, or does anyone else feel a pang of despair about how EA is committed to being accurate about players' personal playoff beards when they can't differentiate between teams and players?
Old 05-19-2015, 05:03 PM   #13
ORIGINAL SIX FAN

13whitebread's Arena

OVR: 15
How about how many teams you can control in Gm mode please let it be all of them for they way I play the game.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:04 PM   #14
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

They knock the playoff beard feature, but it has always bugged me in MLB the show to see guys on the Yankees with beards, which is inevitable in a franchise or career mode.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #15
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I think it's going to take a big step in the right direction (last year's game certainly was, despite the lack of game modes). This game is going to get so much hate because this year's game is what last years should have been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #16
Rookie

Sportsworth's Arena

I'm excited to hear that the EASHL has returned!!! That's what I spend a lot of my game time on. Sign me up!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »