Home

NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #361
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I just played a game where the puck went right through my goalies pads.. his pads were on the ice and the puck just went right through them. I watched the replay 5x and it's like his pads are invisible.

I think I'm done with this game. I need a break.
I have to play it sparingly (shouldn't be playing much anyway, I've got way too much MCSA studying to do...). Even sitting out from NHL15 all the way to a few weeks ago, the game still gets frustrating. Everything is just too similar to versions of old.

The skating, hitting, and shooting all feel the same. I'm still struggling along with the sliders. I do have moments where it's pure fun, and I get lost for a bit...but they're usually ruined when what was a really fun and tight game of hockey turns into a 7-4 scoring fest, despite shot power and accuracy being as low as possible (without ruining the enjoyment. Having your top scorer miss the net every time just to compensate for braindead goalies just gets old) and having the goalie sliders maxed out, even though that leads to absurd sliding and diving goals that ruin good plays. It's all in the name of cancelling out the fact that the goalies completely miss the saves they should make, and routinely make the ones that should be high percentage scoring chances. The AI just needs a massive overhaul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #362
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
I just played a game where the puck went right through my goalies pads.. his pads were on the ice and the puck just went right through them. I watched the replay 5x and it's like his pads are invisible.

I think I'm done with this game. I need a break.
Same thing happens to me and occurred last night. Opposing player pinned against the boards by the off face off circle....backhands it towards my net. Ever so slowly gliding no defense can pick it up....goes through my goalie pads....tied at 1 with less than a minute in the 1st period. Go figure.
Old 11-03-2015, 02:23 PM   #363
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven547
Same thing happens to me and occurred last night. Opposing player pinned against the boards by the off face off circle....backhands it towards my net. Ever so slowly gliding no defense can pick it up....goes through my goalie pads....tied at 1 with less than a minute in the 1st period. Go figure.
I turned goalie reaction time all the way up and haven't seen any goofy glitchy goals yet after 7-8 games. I'm also back to the out of the box tuner. I feel your pain though.. when it happened to me, I was seriously considering being done with this game.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #364
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
I turned goalie reaction time all the way up and haven't seen any goofy glitchy goals yet after 7-8 games. I'm also back to the out of the box tuner. I feel your pain though.. when it happened to me, I was seriously considering being done with this game.
I've still got the out of box tuner, but I just cannot tune this shooting for the life of me. The penalties are also a pain in my ***. They just don't exist...but I'm hesitant to upgrade tuners, since those seem to mess even more up.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:47 PM   #365
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I've still got the out of box tuner, but I just cannot tune this shooting for the life of me. The penalties are also a pain in my ***. They just don't exist...but I'm hesitant to upgrade tuners, since those seem to mess even more up.
Some games I have 1-2 penalties, other games I have 3-6. I think the later tuners had more, but I love the out of the box tuner too much right now to even think about updating. It really sucks once you update you can't simply choose the one you want to use. Not sure why they took that out!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2015, 05:59 AM   #366
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

We tried once again to have a playoff series at my place. Big mistake. After a total of 5 games, we switched to another game. Every game was the same ... One player opens scoring, the other player answers back, until about halfway through the 3rd, then they attempt to mix it up so we won't see a pattern.

The playoff series was so stupid, after every goal the other team was literally given every advantage to score, we felt like our hands were being held, not an ideal situation.

We ended up playing pro evo 16 and doing home run Derby's in mlb 15
Old 11-06-2015, 12:42 PM   #367
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Hopefully the patch is a step forward and not backwards at this point. I'm encouraged by how large it is.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:51 PM   #368
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Hopefully the patch is a step forward and not backwards at this point. I'm encouraged by how large it is.
1 step forwards 3-4 Steps backwards!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »