Home

NHL 16 Trade Discussion

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Trade Discussion within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2015, 09:39 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Trade Discussion

Maybe someone could write a tips and tricks for trades, drafting, and free agents. I'd pay for that.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:04 AM   #10
Pro

What's the likelihood of the jets giving up j.c. lipon?
What's the likelihood of buffalo giving up marcus Foligno?
What would be a realistic trade ro Edmonton?

Thanks for any input.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Old 12-20-2015, 12:05 PM   #11
Rookie

creevjam9's Arena

OVR: 1

What trade difficulty are y'all using in be a gm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2015, 11:27 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo
What's the likelihood of the jets giving up j.c. lipon?
What's the likelihood of buffalo giving up marcus Foligno?
What would be a realistic trade ro Edmonton?

Thanks for any input.

As far as acquiring talent in EDM, I'd look at improving goaltending depth as well as shoring up the bottom two forward lines with better defensive players. Maybe make a bid for a steady defensemen in the age range of 24-32 if you haven't already.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry93
As far as acquiring talent in EDM, I'd look at improving goaltending depth as well as shoring up the bottom two forward lines with better defensive players. Maybe make a bid for a steady defensemen in the age range of 24-32 if you haven't already.
I am looking at picking up luke schenn which was easy in my last franchise but now phil is stonewalling the trade.

J.Schultz is in a contract year and playing terrible. Thinking of offloading him for someone of equal value....J.schultz for E. Gudbranson?

what is marcus foligno's trade value in real life? Is it realistic for buffalo to trade him?

Traded a goalie prospect to WPG for j.c. lipon

hoping lipon will make the jump to the bottom 6 next season 70 ovr at the moment.

Called up Scrivens and am looking to trade Talbot...where should I trade him?

I like to make trades that could happen in real life as opposed to based on just the trade blocks in game.

Old 12-26-2015, 08:11 PM   #14
Rookie

@camo Talbot would probably gather interest from Arizona, Carolina, and possibly Toronto (they're obviously not high on Bernier right now...). Florida could be another option for Talbot as he could be under Luongo's tutelage and their goaltending depth isn't very good. An idea for Schultz would be to call up Chiarelli's old buddy in New York and flip him for Travis Hamonic, who has been asking for a trade out of Long Island for a while now. Solid defensive defenseman who could chip in offensively. I'm not too sure about Foligno, don't know a ton about him but I think he could be had with their insane group of young forward prospects. An interesting idea could be to swap one of your more skilled 2nd/3rd line forwards (ideally Pouliot or Purcell) in exchange for some size with Anaheim. Anaheim has been really struggling in real life and could use another skilled forward to take some pressure off of Getzlaf/Perry. I like what you're doing with Luke Schenn, he's a solid, physical defensemen. Other options to change up your GM Mode could include taking a bid on Keith Yandle (1 year left on deal with Rangers and his value has dropped a bit), Kevin Klein from the Rangers (don't know if they'd want to part with him though), and I really like the idea of adding in Devil's defensemen Andy Greene. New Jersey really needs to commit to a rebuild to help them in the long run so picks and/or young prospects could get a deal done. He's a leader and a quality defensemen (although I don't remember his rating right now so he could be a little worse than im making him out to be). I like the Lipon trade although Winnipeg has a couple of solid goalie prospects already but hey, you can never have enough goaltending depth! Looking forward to what you're going to do! Probably starting up a new Oilers GM Mode tonight as you've inspired me!

Last edited by OilCountry93; 12-26-2015 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:08 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilCountry93
@camo Talbot would probably gather interest from Arizona, Carolina, and possibly Toronto (they're obviously not high on Bernier right now...). Florida could be another option for Talbot as he could be under Luongo's tutelage and their goaltending depth isn't very good. An idea for Schultz would be to call up Chiarelli's old buddy in New York and flip him for Travis Hamonic, who has been asking for a trade out of Long Island for a while now. Solid defensive defenseman who could chip in offensively. I'm not too sure about Foligno, don't know a ton about him but I think he could be had with their insane group of young forward prospects. An interesting idea could be to swap one of your more skilled 2nd/3rd line forwards (ideally Pouliot or Purcell) in exchange for some size with Anaheim. Anaheim has been really struggling in real life and could use another skilled forward to take some pressure off of Getzlaf/Perry. I like what you're doing with Luke Schenn, he's a solid, physical defensemen. Other options to change up your GM Mode could include taking a bid on Keith Yandle (1 year left on deal with Rangers and his value has dropped a bit), Kevin Klein from the Rangers (don't know if they'd want to part with him though), and I really like the idea of adding in Devil's defensemen Andy Greene. New Jersey really needs to commit to a rebuild to help them in the long run so picks and/or young prospects could get a deal done. He's a leader and a quality defensemen (although I don't remember his rating right now so he could be a little worse than im making him out to be). I like the Lipon trade although Winnipeg has a couple of solid goalie prospects already but hey, you can never have enough goaltending depth! Looking forward to what you're going to do! Probably starting up a new Oilers GM Mode tonight as you've inspired me!
Thanks for the awesome reply! I hadn't even thought of most of those....I don't typically follow hockey very close until after the superbowl so I have been out of the loop.

I really like the harmonic trade, I am going to try and make that happen.

For some crazy reason buffalo offered me a trade: Korpikoski for 2 4th rounders and a prospect

...a good deal for the oil.. maybe too good. So i countered with Korpikoski for Foligno straight up. They accepted! So I got the player i wanted and they did also.

Then Sekera got hurt, his morale dropped. Then it dropped more when I waited for him to be fully healthy before putting him back in the lineup. Then when Reinhart got injured Sekera asked to be traded. He still in the lineup hoping he'll come around but if not I may have to trade him.

Philadelphia keeps offering me trades for Talbot but I don't understand why...he's on the block but they have mason and neuvrith so I can't justify the trade even though I'd like to package him with a pick for schenn...which is why think I like the harmonic trade even better.

Hope your franchise is just as interesting and fun as mine has been so far.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 08:28 AM   #16
Rookie

I'm the Red Wings and Franzen is a solid 84, but since he hasn't played in about 5 years, I want to trade him. I am a trading machine on NBA 2K, Madden, and MLB The Show (own a ps4 as well), but I was unsuccessful in trading Franzen for talent my first time around. My team is pretty young, so I'm not worried as much about picks (would like to keep first 2 rounds). What can I get for Franzen and a 3rd? No real need, probably a defenseman or wing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »