Home

NHL 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #81
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: NHL 16 Patch 1.04 Available Now For Xbox One & PS4, Full Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
The jerseys are all there you need to use their latest roster though as they put them in that instead if the patch. This is completely idiotic as anyone who started a BeaGM, Season, or just spent a lot of time on their rosters now need to start over.
Avs new 3rd jersey (they've worn it several times already) haven't been added yet.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #82
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Avs new 3rd jersey (they've worn it several times already) haven't been added yet.
Weird. I haven't checked myself but an EA Dev on the EA forums said the Ducks and the Avs 3rd jerseys are in the update.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #83
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

All the jerseys are there, but you have to download the latest roster update manually as well.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:49 PM   #84
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
Still haven't added the new Avs jerseys...

Probably others too that I'm not thinking of
Its in there.

Anyone know if these new jerseys will also carry over to HUT?
Old 11-07-2015, 02:02 PM   #85
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjJunior
The state that they release sports games in these days encourages consumers to buy later rather than sooner. By the time black friday comes around, the games are patched out the pooper and half the price.
Patched out the pooper!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 03:19 PM   #86
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
I see people saying the AI needs to be rebuilt from scratch and I agree but I thought that was the reason they gave for skipping a year on next gen then making a skeleton game for 15 cause they were rebuilding the game from the ground up, no ? Guess they skipped over AI.
The AI is still pretty much the same as it was on Xbox 360/PS3.

Maybe even worse than it was on Xbox 360/PS3, since there's no longer a tie-up mechanic in front of the net to take away the CPU's one-timer pass into the slot/crease that they'll look for on almost every offensive possession.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:41 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The AI is still pretty much the same as it was on Xbox 360/PS3.

Maybe even worse than it was on Xbox 360/PS3, since there's no longer a tie-up mechanic in front of the net to take away the CPU's one-timer pass into the slot/crease that they'll look for on almost every offensive possession.
Oh I agree!!! I'm just saying they told us they were rebuilding the game from the ground up That's why they skipped a year on new gen. Guess they weren't be totally truthfull :/ it's still the same old carp. I still ask this question, what makes this game next gen ? Surely not the AI nor the modes !

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Last edited by TDKing; 11-07-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:50 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I just played a few more games. 2 on default then went back to my sliders and played one. I seem to get one if two types of game. I get one that the CPU is very passive, no penalties, and the CPU dumps a lot instead of that skate back with the puck until they can enter garbage. The other type the CPU plays aggressive, I get penalties, but the CPU dumps less. I could live with latter. There is good in this update I can't put my finger on it but some things just feel better. I still believe that much like the sliders when EA tunes or updates this game by fixing one thing something else gets affected and often not in a positive way. When I said the Dev team was in over their heads I meant that they are trying to tune an AI that's fatally flawed. It's not their fault and I should have been more clear they are trying to help and work with what they have. Unless the powers that be allow them to rebuild the AI from scratch all they can do is try and tune this up the best they can and it's never, in it's current state be what it should be. If I can find away to eliminate that odd game where the CPU goes into passive mode I will be happy.
You are being too nice. I have played this game for years with this and other dev teams. Since the Ram guy has taken over, this game has gone straight downhill. I have put a lot of money in to buying the sport game for my favorite sport so I feel I can be critical...they have my money. The problem isn't the dev team fixing an AI that is fatally flawed..it is the dev team fixing the fatally flawed AI they created. If it is not fatally flawed, where are the dev team guys explaining why they don't think it is flawed? All the other sports games dev guys do this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »