Home

No in game stats?

This is a discussion on No in game stats? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2016, 07:51 AM   #9
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: No in game stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
It's also a little annoying that the goalie stats only load in the pregame presentation about half the time.
Does that happen to you if you don't edit your lines prior to the game? As long as I do not touch anything prior to the start of a game my stats always show but it's absurd we can't alter our line up in the pre game menu without that happening. Also noticed something else minor but should be addressed. Ray Ferraro will talk about one of your guys being in the top of the league in plus/minus but they show the overall point leader board that your guy is not on. Like I said minor but it detracts from what they are trying to accomplish.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:01 PM   #10
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Would also like to add that they simply must get the commentary in line with what's going on. During my season mode it's only right about 75% of the time. For instance I'm in second place in my division 3rd overall in the East and Lundqvist is 4th in the league stat wise yet before my season game today, while the guys are skating around, Ray Ferraro says that "despite their goalie not playing well, the team has been playing good of late" he then followed that by saying that were still at the bottom of the league. Also at times when they show Lundqvists stat bar 13-4-0 (because shoot out loses don't show up) 1.89 GAA and .932 save percentage, Ray will comment on the high goals against average and save pct that Lundqvist would like to bring down.

Again repeating myself but these things detract from the very good job I think EA has done improving the presentation. At times it's down right dumb.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:22 PM   #11
Rookie

does any body think EA will have a Update to fix the in game stats? just bought the game after not buying one for many years and using NHL Rebuilt on PC Instead for my NHL fix..but after giving in to the PS4 graphics I finnaly caved in to purchase the NHL 16 game only to be disapointed in there Stats system wich sucks...all the other games like FIFA has it why cant NHL have in game stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2016, 10:18 PM   #12
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow68x
does any body think EA will have a Update to fix the in game stats? just bought the game after not buying one for many years and using NHL Rebuilt on PC Instead for my NHL fix..but after giving in to the PS4 graphics I finnaly caved in to purchase the NHL 16 game only to be disapointed in there Stats system wich sucks...all the other games like FIFA has it why cant NHL have in game stats?
I would say no. While I certainly don't know what EA will do I have to imagine that at this point all resources are now working on NHL17.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:38 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I would say no. While I certainly don't know what EA will do I have to imagine that at this point all resources are now working on NHL17.
I guess your right... Why bother fixing a game that players have paid already for it ..guess I'll just play the online version of game wich they really worked hard on...I won't buy this game again ...rent
Old 02-02-2016, 10:36 AM   #14
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow68x
I guess your right... Why bother fixing a game that players have paid already for it ..guess I'll just play the online version of game wich they really worked hard on...I won't buy this game again ...rent
I will say this, if you need a hockey fix this game can deliver. I'm an old PC game guy who misses the old NHL modding community immensely but this game is fairly solid. I'm playing season mode and the stats are there in the box score and you will get leader stats posted throughout the game. Pre game your goalie stats bar will post but shoutout losses don't appear (an annoying bug ignored). The thing you won't get is when you score it gives you the goal number for the game not the season. Yes it's inexcusable in this day and age but the rest if the game is solid. Season stats are pretty consistent with NHL stats as well.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:24 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
I will say this, if you need a hockey fix this game can deliver.
I'm 38 and go back to the days of Blades of Steel and Ice Hockey on NES; played a lot of NHLPA '93 on Genesis, ESPN National Hockey Night on Sega CD, etc. I always have those kind of games in mind when I play this; there's no question this game is goddamn phenomenal if you have the proper perspective and aren't sitting there expecting a 1-to-1 representation of real hockey. For God's sake, I played Soccer on the NES and enjoyed it. What's not to love here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2016, 07:24 PM   #16
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah, the cumulative goal thing drives me nuts. Especially since its in the game summary screen. When you score a goal and go to the summary screen it will show you the total goals the player scored on the season. Don't know why it only gives you the game total during gameplay.

I was hoping it would get patched but by now, I doubt it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »