Home

After playing the beta, are you buying NHL 17?

This is a discussion on After playing the beta, are you buying NHL 17? within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

I was looking forward to the game but the beta kind of turned me off. I am skipping this one fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #2
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

Re: After playing the beta, are you buying NHL 17?

nope.jpg, skipping 17. If I hadn't left my Xbox 360 at my sister's, I'd still be playing NHL 10.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Day 1 buy. The looseness of the puck (Please don't patch this EA!), the advent of the dump and chase being viable online, and the general feel has me loving it all over again.

Feels like hockey.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Not paying full price, i'll wait for a big price cut and maybe get it. There really is nothing new in there for me. It plays a little better than 16 (for now) not worth full price. Cant wait for someone with new vision to take over this franchise. We need a Rex version of hockey. Leadership who really listens to fans and not pretends too, Imo.
I will still give it a try via EA access.
Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

Nhl 16 to me was a really good offline game and the best ea iteration for offline gameplay. This beta introduced me to EASHL and surprisingly out of 10 games i have 7 good games where teammates pass and dont puckhog too much. It really surprised me how fun it is. Definitive day one buy....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by phillyfan23; 08-02-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #6
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Was a day 1 buy for me even without the beta, but I liked what I saw in the beta and hope that they don't patch the loose pucks down the road

Old 08-02-2016, 01:45 PM   #7
Rookie

I wasn't going to buy this year but the beta totally changed my mind. Already pre-ordered mine on psn.

Most of my gameplay complains are at least trying to be fixed by the developers, the teamates AI is much better, the CPU seems much more "humanized" and don't play as a perfect machine all the time, the puck is much more loose and much easier to be took out of the control of the player, the goalies actually are different and plays different from each other... all are my impressions from playing HUT offline on all-star.

My only complain is still the miss of a defensive stick. Really can't wait for September 13 to test the game with full simulation settings, and 10 minutes period that seems to be the default for the full simulation. Maybe Djneo was really right and the developers are actually listening to the offline simulation community.
Old 08-02-2016, 02:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Yes. But I always do. I play full seasons with my favourite team. The gameplay itself isn't enough to me, I need the immersion of the new season
New uniforms, schedule, etc. So, I don't need the game to be a massive jump every year. But I definitely don't want to see last year's game again for another year. Plus the new menus are smoother and it appears as though regular UI has been tweaked positively. That being said, I see no real discernable difference in the gameplay. But that doesn't bother me. To be honest, I'd be happy with the game finally being able to remember your regular settings so you don't have to redo them every time you start a season matchup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »